Ugh Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red

Ugh Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Red » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Ugh Canada! So far, two Americans got RIPPED off. Ono and the American woman skater. I am sorry the skater from Canada's mother died, however she was clearly not the Bronze winner. Ono did NOT push the Canadian skater. He lost control on his own. Thanks neighbor.

Notorious

Re: Ugh Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Notorious » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 pm

Red wrote:Ugh Canada! So far, two Americans got RIPPED off. Ono and the American woman skater. I am sorry the skater from Canada's mother died, however she was clearly not the Bronze winner. Ono did NOT push the Canadian skater. He lost control on his own. Thanks neighbor.
Big deal we robbed Plushenko of the gold in male figure skating.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Red

Post by Red » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Notorious wrote: Big deal we robbed Plushenko of the gold in male figure skating.
How did we rob him? Last I saw, the Olympics are in Canada.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Red wrote:
How did we rob him? Last I saw, the Olympics are in Canada.
One dude does the quad, the other dude can't. First dude should have won, robbed.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:49 pm

Notorious wrote: One dude does the quad, the other dude can't. First dude should have won, robbed.
That's way too simplistic. It's Men's Figureskating, not Men's Quad Competition.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 pm

MDDad wrote:
That's way too simplistic. It's Men's Figureskating, not Men's Quad Competition.
For a sport called football there sure isn't that much kicking in comparison to running and passing is there?

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:11 pm

I agree, all these faux sport/political competitions are for the birds...let's just put all the world leaders in a steel cage, arm them with manure-filled socks and let 'em swing away...last man standing wins the gold...TV ratings would be off the scale

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Notorious wrote: For a sport called football there sure isn't that much kicking in comparison to running and passing is there?
I'm not sure what that has to do with the original issue.

There are many things that go into scoring for figureskating, and whether or not one skater lands a quad jump is only one of them. To use your football example, it would be like declaring the winner to be the team whose wide receiver made a one-handed catch, or whose runningback had the most exciting break-away run.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:26 pm

MDDad wrote:
I'm not sure what that has to do with the original issue.

There are many things that go into scoring for figureskating, and whether or not one skater lands a quad jump is only one of them. To use your football example, it would be like declaring the winner to be the team whose wide receiver made a one-handed catch, or whose runningback had the most exciting break-away run.
Except that analogy doesn't make sense you don't get more points for doing that whereas in figure skating you would. At least my point was that the name of the sport doesn't mean jack ****, yours isn't even similar.

Red

Post by Red » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Notorious wrote: Except that analogy doesn't make sense you don't get more points for doing that whereas in figure skating you would. At least my point was that the name of the sport doesn't mean jack ****, yours isn't even similar.
Seriously, you could be right, however I dont watch Men's figure skating so I havent a clue what you are talking about. I know my wife was happy the tall guy from America won. She was watching the Women's figure skating and I watched with her. I watched the 16 year from America skate very well compared to what I thought was clumsy skating from the Canadian girl. When she won, I protested and my wife told me her Mother just passed away. There you have it.

longtimeobserver

Post by longtimeobserver » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:34 pm

MDDad is correct. There is more to figure skating than a Quad jump. That is the highest
scoring jump but triple combinations are not that far below it. Plus there is the construction
of the entire routine...including footwork, other jumps, etc. The American outpointed the
Russian in these areas and made up the slight difference in the jump category. In the womens
competition the American outskated the Canadian but this was her first real international
competition so the judges tend to hold back on points. They revamped the scoring system
after the Salt Lakes Olympics when two judges were caught conspiring to make a Russian
pair win over a Canadian pair. The Olympic Committee then reviewed and gave the Canadian
pair a Gold Medal as well and they went to this new scoring sytem to eleminate bias. But
let's face it judges are still human and bias is bound to enter into some of their decisions.

pshaw

Post by pshaw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Red wrote:
Seriously, you could be right, however I dont watch Men's figure skating so I havent a clue what you are talking about. I know my wife was happy the tall guy from America won. She was watching the Women's figure skating and I watched with her. I watched the 16 year from America skate very well compared to what I thought was clumsy skating from the Canadian girl. When she won, I protested and my wife told me her Mother just passed away. There you have it.
Mirai Nagasu...look for her to bring home a medal in 2014... :thumbsup:

Red

Post by Red » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:37 pm

pshaw wrote: Mirai Nagasu...look for her to bring home a medal in 2014... :thumbsup:
Thanks. She should have a Bronze now. Oh well. How about the Bobsled team?

WileyWolverine

Post by WileyWolverine » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Red wrote:
Thanks. She should have a Bronze now. Oh well. How about the Bobsled team?
Wire to wire! :rockon:
Defense Wins Championships... Offense Provides The Opportunity... WW

GO LAKERS