Dodgers file Chapter 11

Red

Re: Dodgers file Chapter 11

Post by Red » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 am

slowyoroll wrote:
Just heard this on ESPN when I went home for lunch...If they are sold through BR court they don't have any say on who buys the team..Meaning it could be someone like Mark Cuban and they don't want that to happen
As much as I dislike Cuban, I wouldnt mind if he bought the Dodgers. He would make sure there is a winning team on the field.

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:23 am

Red wrote:
As much as I dislike Cuban, I wouldnt mind if he bought the Dodgers. He would make sure there is a winning team on the field.
Frank actually put a good product on the field.
rent saw

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:35 am

Buc Pride wrote:
Frank actually put a good product on the field.
I do agree. I don't care what happens, I like love the BLUE!

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 am

rent saw

Ramon

Post by Ramon » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 am

Buc Pride wrote:I billion is a lot of chedda

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-06-2 ... chise.html
As of today SEVEN :shock: different holding companies that form the Dodger's organization...How in the heck are they going to untangle this god awful mess...
Never Underestimate The Heart Of A Monarch
Back to Back CIF-SS Division 1, CIF State Open Division and National Football Champions

oceanvue

Post by oceanvue » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:41 am

Dodgers bankrupt now they can officially say they're "America's Team"

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:00 am

few questions:

1) Who owns the Brewers? (I know what google says)
2) Does anybody believe that MLB is handling this right?
3) Why is OK for them to turn down Mark Cuban as an owner? He has proved to be more than capable
4) How was Texas (who was in B/K and being run by MLB) able to pick up the biggest free agent last year?
5) Why did the Brian Stowe beating get so much press? You can go here daily and see much worse things happening in LA: http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/blog/page/1/
6) Why did the Expos move to Washington?
7) Who has more money Wiley or McCourt?
8. What is wrong w/ Jamie McCourts face?
9) Other than borrowing the cash to buy the team, what has Frank done that is so bad?
10) Why is FOX being so close lipped about this? They were basically going to be partners w/ Frank. Seems like they also lose out on this deal. Before offering up 4 billion you would think they had a few lawyers look at it, correct?
rent saw

THe Nug

Post by THe Nug » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 am

Buc Pride wrote:few questions:

1) Who owns the Brewers? (I know what google says)
2) Does anybody believe that MLB is handling this right?
3) Why is OK for them to turn down Mark Cuban as an owner? He has proved to be more than capable
4) How was Texas (who was in B/K and being run by MLB) able to pick up the biggest free agent last year?
5) Why did the Brian Stowe beating get so much press? You can go here daily and see much worse things happening in LA: http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/blog/page/1/
6) Why did the Expos move to Washington?
7) Who has more money Wiley or McCourt?
8. What is wrong w/ Jamie McCourts face?
9) Other than borrowing the cash to buy the team, what has Frank done that is so bad?
10) Why is FOX being so close lipped about this? They were basically going to be partners w/ Frank. Seems like they also lose out on this deal. Before offering up 4 billion you would think they had a few lawyers look at it, correct?
In a way it appears MLB is just a legalized organized crime syndicate and Frank McCourt just pissed off the Godfather. His 'Shy' business just isn't kicking up enough scratch and he's making the 'Family' look bad in the press.

Buc Pride

Post by Buc Pride » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 am

Yeah but Bud Selig brought us the wildcard, inter-league play and the new All-star game format. He is best there is, right? Also, why would they pick the friggin Brewers owner to be the comiss? Seems like they could have one picked from 25 other more successful teams. The Brew-Crew is garbage.

#SHADYCOMISS
rent saw

THe Nug

Post by THe Nug » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:39 am

Buc Pride wrote:Yeah but Bud Selig brought us the wildcard, inter-league play and the new All-star game format. He is best there is, right? Also, why would they pick the friggin Brewers owner to be the comiss? Seems like they could have one picked from 25 other more successful teams. The Brew-Crew is garbage.

#SHADYCOMISS
And he doesn't roll on Shabbos.