Introducing Fun-N-Such

Board news and lame excuses
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Introducing Fun-N-Such

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Fun-N-Such

I've added a page of quizzes, personality tests, trivia and the like over on the other side of the site. Go take a look. I'm sure you've all seen them before - some people love them, some hate them, now we have our own. I took the "What would your dog name be" test and I got, um, "Max", so now I'm having second thoughts. :wink: At least it wasn't Cockroach. There was even a "What personality test are you?" for all of the existentialists among us.

My purpose is two- or three-fold. One, it gives people something else to do here and hopefully it will lighten the mood a little and make the site a little more fun. Two, and maybe the most important, is that it's shareable. It runs on this site and any shares link back here. We might get some new visitors from it and maybe a few of them might hang around and join the forum. I'd like that a lot, so please share away! No, it isn't shareable directly to the forum, but topics on them won't be unwelcome - in the proper category and with the proper decorum.

My only complaint right now is that it's kind of slow to load, so please be patient.

I also picked up a plug-in that does quizzes of my/our own making. It only does quizzes, so it isn't quite as useful, but it's also shareable and a couple quizzes on local knowledge or history or the same for high school sports could be good for spreading the word to a more locally targeted audience. PM me if you have any ideas for one.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Introducing Fun-N-Such

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:17 pm

I took the "Which Personality Quiz Are You?" one. Dayum!

"Congratulations! You're this quiz! You really have no idea who you are, what you want in life, or how you managed to get dressed or get to work this morning.
Utterly clueless, you wander through your life in awash in meaningless activities. People are frustrated by your lack of direction, and your father yells at you during Thanksgiving dinners because you still haven't paid back that $500 he lent you. "

Geez! Even online personality tests nag me.

Yes, Dear. :hide:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Return to “Welcome and Board Announcements”