Homo's pick a fight

User avatar
ND7
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby ND7 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Thanks for the heads-up, ND7. I always seek the truth, and you seem honestly to believe you are a purveyor of the truth. However, what you usually see as truth is usually quite opposite from the truth I usually see, and that's OK. Nothing different here.

Carry on.

That's cool Paul, but what about former homosexuals who become straight again. Do they have no status?


"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 pm

ND7 wrote:That's cool Paul, but what about former homosexuals who become straight again. Do they have no status?

What kind of status should they have?

They are gay folks who for some reason or other now claim they aren't homosexual. Maybe they are still homosexuals telling everyone they are now straight...ever consider that? Maybe they feel life will be more accomodating to them if they succumb to being something they aren't but don't have the strength to support being what they really are....it's easier. Every group can produce those who claim to have seen some great light, had some sort of catharsis, and just simply changed.... a true blue spectacle...nevermind... They are entitled to be or think what they want to be and think, why should they get some 'special status?'

What does this have to do with status?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
ND7
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby ND7 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:What kind of status should they have?

They are gay folks who for some reason or other now claim they aren't homosexual. Maybe they are still homosexuals telling everyone they are now straight...ever consider that? Maybe they feel life will be more accomodating to them if they succumb to being something they aren't but don't have the strength to support being what they really are....it's easier. Every group can produce those who claim to have seen some great light, had some sort of catharsis, and just simply changed.... a true blue spectacle...nevermind... They are entitled to be or think what they want to be and think, why should they get some 'special status?'

What does this have to do with status?

How do you know any of that? :eh?: Good guesser, I guess. :lol: Unless........ :shock:
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Parrotpaul » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:14 pm

ND7 wrote:How do you know any of that? :eh?: Good guesser, I guess. :lol:

It's just a thought, ND7. I thought I'd put it out there for your examination.

Back to status...that's still not clear.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

joefutbol
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby joefutbol » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:22 pm

GOODave wrote:You're the only one in here trying to make a sexual identity statement out of a sentence in an article.
--:--

I tried to clarify it from your perspective and you got your undies in a pinch.

SO, yes, I believe you're obviously missing the point: What I don't know is whether you are missing it because you're that limited intellectually or because you're just too obtuse to acknowledge I am right... and either way, it matters little to me.



Obviously. (insert smiley face performing the jackoff motion)

joefutbol
Posts: 4868
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby joefutbol » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:24 pm

ND7 wrote:That's cool Paul, but what about former homosexuals who become straight again. Do they have no status?


[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQlh52Em3o[/youtube]

User avatar
ND7
Posts: 3910
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby ND7 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:29 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:It's just a thought, ND7. I thought I'd put it out there for your examination.

Back to status...that's still not clear.

People who return to an straight life after expressing homosexual behavior should not be sought out by homosexual groups just because they recovered their straightness. That should not be that hard to get. :roll:
"What matters is not that it's true, but that I believe it; or no, not that I believe it, but that I believe it....I trust I make myself obscure."
St. Thomas More, A Man for All Seasons.

User avatar
pattywannamack
Posts: 1565
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby pattywannamack » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Haha, I saw these people protesting on the way to my girlfriend's house. She happens to live right by Concordia, and I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of witnessing a gay protest while on the way to visit my girlfriend.
There is nothing uglier in this world than a parent riding on the success of their child.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby GOODave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:49 am

Parrotpaul wrote:What kind of status should they have?

They are gay folks who for some reason or other now claim they aren't homosexual.
Maybe they were straight folks who, for some reason or other, claimed they were homosexual.
Parrotpaul wrote: Maybe they are still homosexuals telling everyone they are now straight...ever consider that?
Or maybe they were straight all along but it took some deep soul searching for them to realize it and correct their behavior. Ever consider that (no, of course not ... such soul searching would never happen in Paulworld).
Parrotpaul wrote:Maybe they feel life will be more accomodating to them if they succumb to being something they aren't but don't have the strength to support being what they really are....it's easier.
You should talk to Joefutbol: He believes a person's homosexuality can be adequately treated in one sentence.
Parrotpaul wrote:Every group can produce those who claim to have seen some great light, had some sort of catharsis, and just simply changed.... a true blue spectacle...nevermind...
would that include those who "claim" to be homosexuals? Good observation.
Parrotpaul wrote:They are entitled to be or think what they want to be and think, why should they get some 'special status?'
Where were you with this line of reasoning when we were arguing about homosexual marriage? A lot of us noted it was homosexuals who were seeking special status. Now it's you talking about special status.

The world just doesn't make sense any more. :thumbsup:

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:18 am

ND7 wrote:Answer the question.... Most of the homosexual people I have been acquainted with don't have a problem with it. You may be surprised at how they refer to themselves.
Right--how they refer to themselves.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby GOODave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:46 am

ND7 wrote:Can anyone answer why the homosexuals are so afraid of former homosexuals talking about becoming straight again?

Parrotpaul wrote:Who said they are afraid?
Well ... they ARE protesting the conference of people who allow former homosexuals a forum for such speech. "Fear" could be motivating that, couldn't it?

Parrotpaul wrote:If you approach something with a faulty premise, your conclusions will be faulty. Your question is based on your belief that homosexuality is a result of upbringing and enviornment and not as a result of a person's genetic make-up, and that homosexuals fear others having some sort of epiphany finding out the really aren't homosexual.
The first statement is not true. ND7's question has nothing to do with how a person comes to be homosexual. Doesn't invoke the "origins of homosexuality" discussion at all. Now it DOES suggest a belief in "nurture" homosexuality versus "nature" homosexuality ... but his question is nevertless valid because the people protesting WERE protesting those folks who allow homosexuals to speak out if they believe they are no longer homosexual.

Your second point points up your own prejudice on the matter. Because you insist a homosexual is born and not raised doesn't alter the empirical fact that we just do not know. There is no (or very little, and inconclusive) evidence as to how homosexuals come to be homosexuals, despite your earnest desire that it be otherwise.

Parrotpaul wrote:I suggest that is a faulty premise, but I'd be happy to read whatever you have to support your contention. Thanks.
I'd be happy to read whatever you have to support your own implicit contention.

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:22 am

GOODave wrote:Well ... they ARE protesting the conference of people who allow former homosexuals a forum for such speech. "Fear" could be motivating that, couldn't it?
Actually, they were demonstrating.

"We're just making sure they're getting a positive message on the way home." "Protesting" was the word of the reporter. They were not demanding that the conference be stopped. You've completely manufactured this issue of speech.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby GOODave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:12 am

Fordama wrote:Actually, they were demonstrating.

"We're just making sure they're getting a positive message on the way home." "Protesting" was the word of the reporter. They were not demanding that the conference be stopped. You've completely manufactured this issue of speech.

Fordama

Not so much "manufacturing" as simply reading the parts of the article you missed when you were fishing for a quote to support your faux position:
About 160 gay activists [background=#BFBF00]protested[/background] at University and Ridgeline drives in Irvine near Concordia University, which is hosting Exodus International's
(emphasis added)

Also, I didn't say they demanded anything even remotely similar to "the conference be stopped." I only pointed out that since they were protesting the conference, "fear" could have been a motivator for them. Nothing you've provided so far refutes or even challenges that possibility.

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am

Oh, colorful bolding to make your point.

Oops, the colorful bolding made my point

Actually, they were demonstrating.

"We're just making sure they're getting a positive message on the way home." "Protesting" was the word of the reporter.


They weren't protesting the conference, they were demonstrating their viewpoint.

As far as "fear" goes, I guess maybe they fear that the ideas of the conference could drive more people to suicide. Personally, I'd say that was just concern, not fear.

My favorite Exodus story is the one in which two of the founders left their wives to be with each other. You can't write comedy like that!

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby GOODave » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am

Fordama wrote:Oh, colorful bolding to make your point.

Oops, the colorful bolding made my point

Actually, they were demonstrating.



They weren't protesting the conference, they were demonstrating their viewpoint.

As far as "fear" goes, I guess maybe they fear that the ideas of the conference could drive more people to suicide. Personally, I'd say that was just concern, not fear.

My favorite Exodus story is the one in which two of the founders left their wives to be with each other. You can't write comedy like that!

Fordama


Keep searching.

You'll find an argument in there somewhere. In the meantime, you're dithering trying to fit some vain point into an otherwise pretty simple conversation. If you would take a moment to actually, you know, UNDERSTAND what others are trying to say, you'd be a lot further along in your own comprehension of the issues at hand.

Simply put, I don't really care what word you insist everyone must use. I'm right in what I actually said whether or not you choose to understand (or even read) it.

:yawn

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:24 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:I'd like to see that data again, please. If other churches are abusing their parishioners moreso or even as much as the Catholic church has been found to be guilty of doing, there must be a group of abuse happening out there in all churches.


If you are really that interested, you can find the post. However, I don't think you really are.
Last edited by AsIfYouKnew on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby AsIfYouKnew » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:26 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Who said they are afraid?

If you approach something with a faulty premise, your conclusions will be faulty. Your question is based on your belief that homosexuality is a result of upbringing and enviornment and not as a result of a person's genetic make-up, and that homosexuals fear others having some sort of epiphany finding out the really aren't homosexual.
I suggest that is a faulty premise, but I'd be happy to read whatever you have to support your contention. Thanks.


Please provide any evidence that the bolded text is not true.

We will wait.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Fordama
Posts: 17600
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:12 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Fordama » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

GOODave wrote:
Keep searching.

You'll find an argument in there somewhere. In the meantime, you're dithering trying to fit some vain point into an otherwise pretty simple conversation. If you would take a moment to actually, you know, UNDERSTAND what others are trying to say, you'd be a lot further along in your own comprehension of the issues at hand.

Simply put, I don't really care what word you insist everyone must use. I'm right in what I actually said whether or not you choose to understand (or even read) it.

:yawn
Yet you devoted the post to it. Somehow you must care a weensy bit.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33551
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:35 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Who said they are afraid?

If you approach something with a faulty premise, your conclusions will be faulty. Your question is based on your belief that homosexuality is a result of upbringing and enviornment and not as a result of a person's genetic make-up, and that homosexuals fear others having some sort of epiphany finding out the really aren't homosexual.
I suggest that is a faulty premise, but I'd be happy to read whatever you have to support your contention. Thanks.

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
Please provide any evidence that the bolded text is not true.

We will wait.

OK.... is your belief homosexuaity is a result of nuture and environment and/or a result of choice and not genetics?

I believe your answer will be evidence enough.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: Homo's pick a fight

Postby GOODave » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

Fordama wrote:Yet you devoted the post to it. Somehow you must care a weensy bit.

Fordama

I didn't say you won't perceive it as important to me. What I said was, I don't care what word you mandate for everyone else.

You have your own little world and your own little perceptions and rules by which you desperately try to force everyone else to abide. It produces statements that involve "no you cant" or "...you must..." or "you're only faking outrage..." (and et cetera).

A lot of people exit that "it all has to go as I SAY it goes" phase somewhere in or immediately following college. A lot of folks in this community have yet to exit that phase. It's one of the things that is so fun about this community: People like you and Piles and Elroy simply cannot disengage. You are sooooooooo committed to "it has to go like I say it goes" you cannot but have the last word.

Like now:

Return to “Free Things To Do In OC”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest