Honest questions for Admin or Mods

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Notorious

Re: Honest questions for Admin or Mods

Post by Notorious » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:29 am

Intra quote responses should be a suspension on first offense and a ban on second offense. Nothing makes me want to respond to someone less than when they do that. Just freaking respond, I'm sure I can figure out what part of my post you are referring to
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 am

The composition boxes on this forum give me fits. If I don't watch every letter I type in, or if I stop typing for even a couple seconds, my cursor moves to somewhere else in the post. I thought using Chrome or another browser would work, but I like this browser...does anyone else have problems with cursors that make there own decisions? It gets frustrating.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

I haven't had any problems, maybe you need to check for the Doomsday Virus.. My computer checked out fine, but I still need to start up my old one and check it out.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:20 pm

MS designed IE 8 and 9 to expect some kind of code that nobody uses. I don't even know what it is - and it probably isn't especially compatible with other browsers. But all of the pages here have a line of code at the top that's supposed to tell those versions to emulate IE 7. Sometimes it doesn't seem to work.

So, go to your "Tools" menu and select "Compatibility View Settings" and add occonnect.com to the list. That might or might not fix it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Can I nominate this thread for "Biggest Waste of Time and Space Thread of the Year," or is it still too early?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:37 pm

Too late. I think the mods have already nominated it.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:47 pm

SoMelo wrote:I haven't had any problems, maybe you need to check for the Doomsday Virus.. My computer checked out fine, but I still need to start up my old one and check it out.
I doubt it....I have always had a poblem working with the dialog boxes on this forum. :shrug:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:11 am

I got warned and banned for a week for something I considered an abuse of power and a made-up infraction.

I'm sure "they" had their reasoning, but it's not at all clear to me.

Anyway, I'm not sticking around: I stopped in just to make sure the ban was lifted, but I'm boycotting for awhile in protest of the vulture-like moderating that has been going on the last few weeks.

Talk to you soon.