You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Locked
User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am

RPW wrote:Creating threads to complain about threads created about other complaints is over the top.

Goo and Brooke... the mods don't like you and them refusing to admit this should not keep you from your day jobs. Move past it and enjoy life.
I don't care if they don't like me RPW, this forum should not apply double standards. That is what this is about. And it should be recognized in this backwards world that political correctness has created that there is truth and honesty. If someone says something outrageous then they should stand behind what they have said. That doesn't happen, the more outrageous something is said the more likely the person who said it will disappear or come back and retaliate with name calling, etc. sometime later. It should not happen in the adult world. I believe that people should be accountable for what they say.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19725
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:01 pm

A thought before I check out for a while.

This is a forum on the internet. Our personas are only words on a page. We can't see each other. We can't tell how big or small a person is, how old he is, the color of his hair, how he dresses or if he's showered recently. If a person doesn't like us it can only be because of what we've written or how we've written it. If somebody doesn't like us but likes a dozen other people who share our views, blaming him for it is absurd.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:20 pm

John Q. Public wrote:A thought before I check out for a while.

This is a forum on the internet. Our personas are only words on a page. We can't see each other. We can't tell how big or small a person is, how old he is, the color of his hair, how he dresses or if he's showered recently. If a person doesn't like us it can only be because of what we've written or how we've written it. If somebody doesn't like us but likes a dozen other people who share our views, blaming him for it is absurd.
What do you mean? That it is okay for a moderator to take advantage of his position and use double standards? Is that what you mean?

I really do not get how you differentiate between what is acceptable and what is not.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12548
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:32 pm

Brooke wrote:What do you mean? That it is okay for a moderator to take advantage of his position and use double standards? Is that what you mean?
This definitely deserves a :roll:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:45 pm

John Q. Public wrote:A thought before I check out for a while.

This is a forum on the internet. Our personas are only words on a page. We can't see each other. We can't tell how big or small a person is, how old he is, the color of his hair, how he dresses or if he's showered recently. If a person doesn't like us it can only be because of what we've written or how we've written it. If somebody doesn't like us but likes a dozen other people who share our views, blaming him for it is absurd.
...unless "someone" doesn't like us for reasons OTHER than our views on the general topics discussed around here... or doesn't like us for the depth to which we discuss.

Your rationale doesn't hold water very well.

User avatar
Zebra
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:48 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Zebra » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Can you elaborate a bit? What do you notice?
No ... RPW is a wise man. :thumbsup:
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm

RPW wrote:Creating threads to complain about threads created about other complaints is over the top.

Goo and Brooke... the mods don't like you and them refusing to admit this should not keep you from your day jobs. Move past it and enjoy life.
Thanks for your concern, RPW...

This place is but a small part of my day. I do still like to keep tabs on OC since my family still lives there. Someone like this particular moderator makes it less pleasant to do so, is all I keep trying to get him to see.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:53 pm

:roll:
Vilepagan wrote:

You are allowed to hold any opinions you like, but you aren't allowed to post them all on the forums.
I see.

So when you express untoward opinions about Trog's, or my, or Red's, or any conservative's behavior, that's O.K., but we're not allowed to express untoward opinions about anyone else's behavior?

I don't know what else I expected from you, but I do confess surprise at hearing you actually voice something like that.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12548
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Brooke wrote:I believe that people should be accountable for what they say.
Even you?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by RPW » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:27 pm

John Q. Public wrote:A thought before I check out for a while.

This is a forum on the internet. Our personas are only words on a page. We can't see each other. We can't tell how big or small a person is, how old he is, the color of his hair, how he dresses or if he's showered recently. If a person doesn't like us it can only be because of what we've written or how we've written it. If somebody doesn't like us but likes a dozen other people who share our views, blaming him for it is absurd.

But this place allows us to have a wild imagination. I imagine:

Brooke as a large ugly cat (turtle) woman with a bad odor.
GooDave is starting go grey and looks like a cross between Romney and Anderson Cooper (figure it out)
Vilepagan looks EXACTLY like the idiot in his picture
JQP I always pictured him as a smaller version of WW with better teeth
SoMelo,RMonAir looks like her FB picture
Luca looks like a talk stick in the mud
MDDad looks like the dad from Frasier
Red looks like Ray Ramono (too easy)
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12548
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:30 pm

GOODave wrote:I see.
Doubtful.
So when you express untoward opinions about Trog's, or my, or Red's, or any conservative's behavior, that's O.K., but we're not allowed to express untoward opinions about anyone else's behavior?
Incorrect.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
Even you?
Of course. If people are not held accountable for what they say then what is the point in communicating at all?

You have said many things that make no sense whatsoever. Why do you do that? What is the point? You are not correct, so where is the motivation to say them? Do you just like to look at the words you typed on the screen? If they are wrong, they have no merit and are worthless. Can you explain? I have a theory, but I want to ensure that I am at least close to being correct about the motivation.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:54 pm

RPW wrote:

But this place allows us to have a wild imagination. I imagine:

Brooke as a large ugly cat (turtle) woman with a bad odor.
GooDave is starting go grey and looks like a cross between Romney and Anderson Cooper (figure it out)
Vilepagan looks EXACTLY like the idiot in his picture
JQP I always pictured him as a smaller version of WW with better teeth
SoMelo,RMonAir looks like her FB picture
Luca looks like a talk stick in the mud
MDDad looks like the dad from Frasier
Red looks like Ray Ramono (too easy)
rofl. the fact, as i see it, is that ever since vp joined this forum, it has spun clockwise down the toilet. i can't think of a bigger buzz-kill in my life, ever. this forum used to be a great place, now it is more of a lobotomy day-camp. as for me, i don't post much here any longer, mainly because jqp has gone off the deep end, vp is on a power trip, and somelo is, well, you know. i do still love the luca posts, and that is pretty much the main reason i am still around. Well, that and rpw's thick ankels.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12548
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:19 am

A perfectly valid opinion AITK, unfortunately there's no way that everyone will be pleased with the board policies and how they're enforced.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19725
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote: rofl. the fact, as i see it, is that ever since vp joined this forum, it has spun clockwise down the toilet. i can't think of a bigger buzz-kill in my life, ever. this forum used to be a great place, now it is more of a lobotomy day-camp. as for me, i don't post much here any longer, mainly because jqp has gone off the deep end, vp is on a power trip, and somelo is, well, you know. i do still love the luca posts, and that is pretty much the main reason i am still around. Well, that and rpw's thick ankels.
And that's the kind of post that inspired me to create the Oversight Committee. You're pretty much a model citizen around here and you almost never post anything that would get a mod's attention, yet you say I've gone off the deep end and VP's on a power trip. But I don't see where anything we've done would have any effect on you. Not that we've really done anything. The mods aren't really doing anything differently than they did a year ago. I'm confused.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 am

John Q. Public wrote: And that's the kind of post that inspired me to create the Oversight Committee. You're pretty much a model citizen around here and you almost never post anything that would get a mod's attention, yet you say I've gone off the deep end and VP's on a power trip. But I don't see where anything we've done would have any effect on you. Not that we've really done anything. The mods aren't really doing anything differently than they did a year ago. I'm confused.
John, he has explained that what he sees happening here has affected him to the point that he doesn't want to be here much anymore. Someone doesn't have to be directly affected to be turned off and disgusted about what he or she sees is happening.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:43 am

RPW wrote:
But this place allows us to have a wild imagination. I imagine:

Brooke as a large ugly cat (turtle) woman with a bad odor.
Thanks so much for the rude and wrong assessment, which I have to say surprised me. I don't remember talking to you much so I looked you up and we have talked more than I have realized or at least you made mostly inane comments here and there. That must be why I have never bothered to conjure up a picture of you at all.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19725
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Brooke wrote: John, he has explained that what he sees happening here has affected him to the point that he doesn't want to be here much anymore. Someone doesn't have to be directly affected to be turned off and disgusted about what he or she sees is happening.
But neither you nor he will cite an example of what "he sees happening here" or how it's affected either of you. For now, I guess I'll have to file this on my list of unexplained phenomena - right after "uncertainty."
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:29 pm

John Q. Public wrote: But neither you nor he will cite an example of what "he sees happening here" or how it's affected either of you. For now, I guess I'll have to file this on my list of unexplained phenomena - right after "uncertainty."
From my experience with you is that you will never understand because you refuse to read the posts leading up to the offending one(s). You cannot make a fair assessment of a situation unless you are willing to take the time to read what led up to the problem.

I haven't posted any scenarios yet because I don't trust you to read everything that is involved. It will take time a lot of effort to put something together and I don't want to waste my time.

A good example is how on earth did 18echo become a member of the over-site committee? You couldn't possibly have read most of his posts to me and come to that decision. He is a trouble-maker extraordinaire and a liar to boot, although he seems to treat those he talks to now with a bit of respect. I wonder what happened? :eh?:
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 am

Brooke wrote:
I haven't posted any scenarios yet because I don't trust you to read everything that is involved.
Prove it.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Locked