You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
AsIfYouKnew

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 am

Vilepagan wrote:A perfectly valid opinion AITK, unfortunately there's no way that everyone will be pleased with the board policies and how they're enforced.
Are you misspelling my name on purpose? I might have to report you if you are.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 am

John Q. Public wrote: And that's the kind of post that inspired me to create the Oversight Committee. You're pretty much a model citizen around here and you almost never post anything that would get a mod's attention, yet you say I've gone off the deep end and VP's on a power trip. But I don't see where anything we've done would have any effect on you. Not that we've really done anything. The mods aren't really doing anything differently than they did a year ago. I'm confused.
I wish that were true, JQP. I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself). As for you, you just seem blind to what everyone else here can see plainly. If I can't make you see the elephant in the room, what will one more post do to help it?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:31 am

Brooke wrote: I don't care if they don't like me RPW, this forum should not apply double standards. That is what this is about. And it should be recognized in this backwards world that political correctness has created that there is truth and honesty. If someone says something outrageous then they should stand behind what they have said. That doesn't happen, the more outrageous something is said the more likely the person who said it will disappear or come back and retaliate with name calling, etc. sometime later. It should not happen in the adult world. I believe that people should be accountable for what they say.
I like you Brooke <3
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:32 am

John Q. Public wrote: But neither you nor he will cite an example of what "he sees happening here" or how it's affected either of you. For now, I guess I'll have to file this on my list of unexplained phenomena - right after "uncertainty."
You really need to go back a few months on this, JQP. VP really went off the rails IMHO, and I think should not be a mod. He has perhaps been better behaved as of late, but he has already pissed in the pool, IMHO.
Jonathan Swift

FallStar

Post by FallStar » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:58 am

Brooke wrote: That doesn't happen, the more outrageous something is said the more likely the person who said it will disappear or come back and retaliate with name calling, etc. sometime later. It should not happen in the adult world. I believe that people should be accountable for what they say.
This isn't the adult world, this is the internet. Unless I can punch you in the face, you aren't accountable.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:02 am

FallStar wrote:
This isn't the adult world, this is the internet. Unless I can punch you in the face, you aren't accountable.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:this forum used to be a great place, now it is more of a lobotomy day-camp.
You know, it finally dawned on me what these "good old days" that you guys keep mentioning were.

It was the time when I was the only mod and I'd come home from working a full day and I'd have to tell the FB I couldn't join her for dinner because I had to spend an hour or two of my time cleaning up after people who had trashed my website.

We aren't going back to that.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am

John Q. Public wrote: You know, it finally dawned on me what these "good old days" that you guys keep mentioning were.

It was the time when I was the only mod and I'd come home from working a full day and I'd have to tell the FB I couldn't join her for dinner because I had to spend an hour or two of my time cleaning up after people who had trashed my website.

We aren't going back to that.
I agree it is better now. I've noticed the personal attacks have diminished significantly. That is a good thing.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Сделай Америку великой снова

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
You really need to go back a few months on this, JQP. VP really went off the rails IMHO, and I think should not be a mod. He has perhaps been better behaved as of late, but he has already pissed in the pool, IMHO.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:41 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote: I wish that were true, JQP. I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself). As for you, you just seem blind to what everyone else here can see plainly. If I can't make you see the elephant in the room, what will one more post do to help it?
I just pulled up your record. The only warning since you joined was one from VP over a year ago for a post that was about the poster and not their post.

Note to mods and the OC: I just changed the "Latest 5 warnings" on the mods page (but not the heading. That's in some other file.) to show the latest 50. Not coincidentally, it only added 13 names. The other 32 are the same handful of people doing the same things we continually warn and suspend them for.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 pm

FallStar wrote:
Right, I recognize your blather and the attitude that goes along with it. Standing up for those who always aim for the lowest common denominator. I get that.

My question is why do full grown adults feel compelled to behave like that rather trying to engage in serious discussions where everyone is honest and tries to convince the other side with facts and what is best for the country (for example). Instead, we have a group of folks that love to antagonize and frustrate the people they talk to. Which is not honorable behavior. I don't like it and I don't like people that do it. And, one of the worst offenders is Vilepagan. Yet, he is a moderator whose role is to foster fairness and civility, but he does just the opposite on a daily basis.

So, why don't you tell me why you feel compelled to make excuses for those who exhibit bad behavior rather than trying to convince them to act like grownups?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:20 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
I wish that were true, JQP. I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself). As for you, you just seem blind to what everyone else here can see plainly. If I can't make you see the elephant in the room, what will one more post do to help it?
Dude if you got a warning from me it must have been to one of your sockpuppets, because I have never given AsIfYouKnew a warning. jus' sayin'

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:37 pm

John Q. Public wrote:I just pulled up your record. The only warning since you joined was one from VP over a year ago for a post that was about the poster and not their post.
When I warn someone they stay warned. :mrgreen:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:38 pm

SoMelo wrote: Dude if you got a warning from me it must have been to one of your sockpuppets, because I have never given AsIfYouKnew a warning. jus' sayin'
Mayber I am overly sensitive, but you did once tell me to stop mentioning VP's mother in posts, even though what I said was that i woudl pray for her. Perhaps that wasn't really a warning, but it seemed like one.
Jonathan Swift

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:41 pm

John Q. Public wrote: I just pulled up your record. The only warning since you joined was one from VP over a year ago for a post that was about the poster and not their post.
What would happen if that rule was equitably enforced? it doesnt' seem to be applied fairly to me.

And for what it's worth, I am not saying I want to go back to the wacky days of Max, Hurl, and the Thunderdome, but this overly stringent protection of everyone's potential for feelings being hurt just seems to be a bit much, IMHO.
Jonathan Swift

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:42 pm

Parrotpaul wrote: ****.
Always classy, aren't we?
Jonathan Swift

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Parrotpaul wrote: ****.
AsIfYouKnew wrote:Always classy, aren't we?
******* *** *****, ********. :shrug: *********........**** no ***** to see ********. :mrgreen: :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
Get real.
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Omar Bongo wrote: Get real.
Get a clue.
Jonathan Swift

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Does that go for "everyone else here" too, or is that just your own pithy observation?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump