You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Does that go for "everyone else here" too, or is that just your own pithy observation?
I am relatively sure most reasonably intelligent people feel the same way.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by RPW » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Brooke wrote: Thanks so much for the rude and wrong assessment, which I have to say surprised me. I don't remember talking to you much so I looked you up and we have talked more than I have realized or at least you made mostly inane comments here and there. That must be why I have never bothered to conjure up a picture of you at all.

What was I wrong about? The cat part?
I am The Voice of Reason

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by RPW » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
I wish that were true, JQP. I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself). As for you, you just seem blind to what everyone else here can see plainly. If I can't make you see the elephant in the room, what will one more post do to help it?
SoMelo wrote:
Dude if you got a warning from me it must have been to one of your sockpuppets, because I have never given AsIfYouKnew a warning. jus' sayin'
This right here is hilarious.
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
Troglodyte
Posts: 16607
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Troglodyte » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:10 am

I wonder just when JQP is gonna look at just how many new members VP has impressed and attracted to this board by his aurtoritarian and condescending manner, just how he has encouraged more posts (other than Wabash's inanities and peop-le dumb enough to get sucked into his schick). Sure he has stopped people responding with a bad full of MFs, and those marathon "Am Not" "Are toos", but where else is the improvement in the level of discussions? Where is the late night dorm room or coffee shop comradery? Threats, fear, and intimidation never promotes open honest discussion.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Notorious » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:15 am

Open and honest discussions has less to do with the moderator and more to do with the members. Not many people respect the other's side.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:25 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
I wish that were true, JQP. I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself). As for you, you just seem blind to what everyone else here can see plainly. If I can't make you see the elephant in the room, what will one more post do to help it?
SoMelo wrote:
Dude if you got a warning from me it must have been to one of your sockpuppets, because I have never given AsIfYouKnew a warning. jus' sayin'
RPW wrote: This right here is hilarious.
Isn't this a perfect example of a Mod doing what has been "forbidden", i.e. accusing people of having sock puppets. $100 says you can't prove I have ever posted under another name.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Notorious » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am

I don't think that's really accusing but if I had said it, I'm sure I would have been warned.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24361
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Wabash » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:28 am

Troglodyte wrote:Threats, fear, and intimidation never promotes open honest discussion.
Where is that happening? I've seen just the opposite. Discussion is far more open and honest. What I do see is significant end to personal attacks. I've been accused of so many things during my time here.

Supposedly, I'm at least two other people. As claimed by numerous individuals such as heywood, goodave, red, kramer, et al.

That has been stopped. If anything has occurred, the conservative posters now have to address issues instead of personalities.

That would only be considered a negative if one is not capable of engaging in that manner.

And I believe the treatment from the moderators has been even-handed. I've had posts deleted and received warnings on more than one occasion.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Wabash wrote:I've had posts deleted and received warnings on more than one occasion.
Indeed, but of course they were invisible to anyone but you, so there's a perception they never happened. Good of you to point out they did happen, but I hold little hope that it will change the perceptions much.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Wabash wrote: I've seen just the opposite.
:-"
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Notorious wrote:I don't think that's really accusing but if I had said it, I'm sure I would have been warned.
I think it clearly is. However, you are right, there will be no warnings in this case. Nor an apology. :shrug:
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:39 am

AsIfYouKnew wrote: quote= Notorious I don't think that's really accusing but if I had said it, I'm sure I would have been warned.

I think it clearly is. However, you are right, there will be no warnings in this case.
I think you're right, there will be no warnings...perhaps that's because she really didn't accuse you of anything, and because this thread isn't on the main boards. If you look around, you might notice all sorts of things in this thread that would get removed/edited/warned if they appeared on the main forum.
Nor an apology. :shrug:
Indeed. When can SoMelo and I expect your apology?

I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself).
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
I think you're right, there will be no warnings...perhaps that's because she really didn't accuse you of anything, and because this thread isn't on the main boards. If you look around, you might notice all sorts of things in this thread that would get removed/edited/warned if they appeared on the main forum.



Indeed. When can SoMelo and I expect your apology?

I have gotten warnings from Somelo (for a really really stupid reason) and from VP (why repeat myself).
Please pay attention. She accused me of having sock-puppets. I clearly do not have any, nor have I ever had any. Others have received warnings in the past for the same accusations.

As for the warnings, you have given me a warning, and so did SoMelO. Perhaps before the current warning system was put in place, but she did in fact tell me to stop posting about your mother (even though I said I would pray for her). Perhaps you don't want to revisit that whooping, but it happened.

Again, I await my apology.

One last thing. the worst thing about you being a mod is that i can't ignore your posts. Personally, most of your posts are not worth my time to review, and they take up too much room on my screen. If I could ignore your "non-mod" posts, I would likely be just fine, even with the gross inequity in the system.

JQP, is there any way we can fix this issue?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:22 pm

We?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:We?
Yes, you know, in the Royal sense.

Get a grip, Paul.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:50 pm

We is a collective pronoun...that would mean you are willing to do something to correct a situation you see as needing correcting. What do you perceive your part to be in that process?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:We is a collective pronoun...that would mean you are willing to do something to correct a situation you see as needing correcting. What do you perceive your part to be in that process?
I might do anything reasonable that he would ask me to do.

What can I say? I'm a giver.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:01 pm

OK...and being it is his place, I would think he gets to define what is and what isn't reasonable...n'est pas?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

John Q. Public wrote: I just pulled up your record. The only warning since you joined was one from VP over a year ago for a post that was about the poster and not their post.

Note to mods and the OC: I just changed the "Latest 5 warnings" on the mods page (but not the heading. That's in some other file.) to show the latest 50. Not coincidentally, it only added 13 names. The other 32 are the same handful of people doing the same things we continually warn and suspend them for.
Your "we" continually warn them for isn't "we" at all.

Just to clarify, it is "him."

THAT moderator is the point of this entire thread. "he" cannot argue reasonably and has not been able to since I've "known" him. He cannot moderate reasonably, and has not since I've known him. And he cannot stand for anyone to correct him, and he has not been able to since I've known him.

AND, like AIYK said, you seem at least blind to it all, if not encouraging it.

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:OK...and being it is his place, I would think he gets to define what is and what isn't reasonable...n'est pas?
Well, Paul, I just think it is more polite to offer help to solve the problem, as opposed to my saying "What are YOU going to do about it?"

Perhaps it is just a matter of style?
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Locked