You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:03 pm

GOODave wrote: Your "we" continually warn them for isn't "we" at all.

Just to clarify, it is "him."

THAT moderator is the point of this entire thread. "he" cannot argue reasonably and has not been able to since I've "known" him. He cannot moderate reasonably, and has not since I've known him. And he cannot stand for anyone to correct him, and he has not been able to since I've known him.

AND, like AIYK said, you seem at least blind to it all, if not encouraging it.
:yeahthat:
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19537
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:41 pm

GOODave wrote: Your "we" continually warn them for isn't "we" at all.

Just to clarify, it is "him."

THAT moderator is the point of this entire thread. "he" cannot argue reasonably and has not been able to since I've "known" him. He cannot moderate reasonably, and has not since I've known him. And he cannot stand for anyone to correct him, and he has not been able to since I've known him.

AND, like AIYK said, you seem at least blind to it all, if not encouraging it.
GOODave: "That stinkin', no good, rotten cop's following me."

Judge: "Mr. Dave, this is your 19th speeding ticket. Of course he's following you."

Sez here that "I" gave you 7 warnings in 7 months. "He" gave you 12 in 13 months. Sounds like you're doing better under "him."

The problem isn't who's giving you the warnings. It's that you refuse to heed them.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:48 am

John Q. Public wrote: GOODave: "That stinkin', no good, rotten cop's following me."

Judge: "Mr. Dave, this is your 19th speeding ticket. Of course he's following you."

Sez here that "I" gave you 7 warnings in 7 months. "He" gave you 12 in 13 months. Sounds like you're doing better under "him."

The problem isn't who's giving you the warnings. It's that you refuse to heed them.
Dificult to heed when 1) he doesn't explain why it was given until after the fact when I can get into my PM's and 2) he frequently makes crap up or takes offense at ridiculous posts. But, as long as he "gets me," that's all that counts, right!

:roll:

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 am

Red wrote:Okay, now back to the boycott.
John Q. Public wrote:Run, Red, run!

I hope you're enjoying your boycott as much as we are.
Funny thing: If red or I or several others expressed this kind of riducule, the vulture circling our heads would have given us a warning and banned us.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:01 am

GOODave wrote:Dificult to heed...
Most people have no difficulty heeding warnings.
...when 1) he doesn't explain why it was given until after the fact when I can get into my PM's and...
You do know that when your posts are "deleted' they are put in the "Recycle Bin" where the mods can see them?
2) he frequently makes crap up or takes offense at ridiculous posts.
Are you claiming that I manufacture posts to warn you about?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:02 am

GOODave wrote:
Funny thing: If red or I or several others expressed this kind of riducule, the vulture circling our heads would have given us a warning and banned us.
Double standard come to mind?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:10 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Most people have no difficulty heeding warnings.



You do know that when your posts are "deleted' they are put in the "Recycle Bin" where the mods can see them?



Are you claiming that I manufacture posts to warn you about?
No: I observe that you manufacture an offense over my posts about which to warn me, to wit: The most recent warning, come banning, was over a statement I made, TO you, that said:
GOODave wrote:...don't be so touchy: Just give intelligent responses and you'll be fine.
Everyone, including your oversight committee, thought that statement to be innocuous and inoffensive, except you: You took such umbrage that I would dare intimate you to be "touchy," you proved you were, in fact, touchy by warning and, then, banning me. As with so many of your faux offenses, I was unaware of what it was I'd done until I returned and found your PM that linked me to the post you had already deleted, but had quoted to me (in relevant part, as noted above).

Like I said, you're the vulture circling over some of us and that is not good moderating: It's abuse of authority.

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:17 am

I would have to agree.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:30 am

GOODave wrote:Funny thing: If red or I or several others expressed this kind of riducule, the vulture circling our heads would have given us a warning and banned us.
You think I should warn or ban the owner of the site? :lol:

Seriously Dave, that has to be the stupidest thing you're ever posted and that's saying something. In case you didn't realize it before, JQP owns the site and he can say anything he wants here.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:31 am

Red wrote:Double standard come to mind?
:roll:

Is that your new motto? You should have "double standard' tattooed on your ass.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:42 am

Vilepagan wrote:
:roll:

Is that your new motto? You should have "double standard' tattooed on your ass.
Uh...no comment.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24361
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 am

Love reading conservatives claiming victimhood.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 am

GOODave wrote:No: I observe that you manufacture an offense over my posts about which to warn me, to wit: The most recent warning, come banning, was over a statement I made, TO you, that said:

...don't be so touchy: Just give intelligent responses and you'll be fine.


False on two counts. First, your comment about the OC is just a lie. There's been an ongoing discussion about your last warning and suspension on the Conference Board and the opinion of the OC is not what you claim here. Second, the problem with your last warned post was not the "touchy" comment, it was the "Just give intelligent responses" part. You can't seem to make a post without saying something snotty about the person you're responding to, and this despite the fact that all your warnings are for that same thing.



If you're getting warned 19 times about the same thing, and you can't figure out why you're being warned, you are an idiot.


BTW, it's not "some of us" Dave, just you. You are the problem, not anyone else. I understand you'd like nothing more than to include others in this group, but it's just you. The reason you have a vulture circling over you is because your posts are offal. :wink:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:24 am

you are an idiot.

I don't get it, you want a more civil board, yet you use personal attacks. What's up with that? If I called another poster an idiot, I get a warning or a suspension. I will tattoo "double standard" and post it later. You really need to calm down.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:36 am

Red wrote:
I don't get it....
That's pretty clear to all who post or lurk here.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:36 am

Red wrote:you are an idiot.
Nice job editing my statement to make it look worse. :roll:
I don't get it, you want a more civil board, yet you use personal attacks. What's up with that? If I called another poster an idiot, I get a warning or a suspension. I will tattoo "double standard" and post it later. You really need to calm down.
No, I'm calm Red. You, and your fellow complainers need to calm down, and stop whining, especially about what is posted in this thread. This is not the general forums, and as I've said in this thread many times, the "rules" are a little relaxed here. Have you noticed no other "personal attacks" in this thread?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:53 am

Vilepagan wrote:


False on two counts. First, your comment about the OC is just a lie. There's been an ongoing discussion about your last warning and suspension on the Conference Board and the opinion of the OC is not what you claim here. Second, the problem with your last warned post was not the "touchy" comment, it was the "Just give intelligent responses" part. You can't seem to make a post without saying something snotty about the person you're responding to, and this despite the fact that all your warnings are for that same thing.
O.K., I stand corrected. I was going by the OC member who thought to communicate with me. Although I doubt it is as affirming (of you) as you'd like me to believe, but whatever...
If you're getting warned 19 times about the same thing, and you can't figure out why you're being warned, you are an idiot.
That would be true, IF I was warned about the "same thing" each time. But most of those were concocted out of your faux sense of outrage at what I've said. I could say the same thing to you and JQP: IF you get complaints about the same thing from a number of different sources, and you can't figure out why people keep complaining, you are an idiot.

Your warnings to me (specifically you) are quite similar to my complaints to you and/or JQP: You guys don't respect me and you, individually, would really like to see me gone, so no one would expect you to heed my complaints (or anyone who echoes them). By the same token, I do not respect you or the thin authority JQP gave you when you followed me over here. I don't agree with most of the warnings you give me but, like the gnat buzzing around your head, I eventually just have to deal with it. It is, however, almost laughable that any of you whine about "all the warnings" I've gotten when most of those were concocted by one, fertile (if not over-sensitive) imagination.

Further, I notice you can't post to people like Bev or Red (or many times, me) or AIYK or some of the others without including a snotty remark, whereupon you likely go looking for a snotty remark you want to believe I made so you can warn me. Part of the reason I do not respect you is, you're a hypocrite (but I've told you that before and you, as expected, don't heed the complaint).

BTW, it's not "some of us" Dave, just you. You are the problem, not anyone else. I understand you'd like nothing more than to include others in this group, but it's just you. The reason you have a vulture circling over you is because your posts are offal. :wink:
No, it's not just me. You might have noticed everyone ELSE participating in this thread. Sure, your stalwart defenders periodically poke their noses in, but for the most part, many pages of complaints about one vulture-like moderator. The reason I have a vulture circling over my head is because the vulture doesn't like me and wants to see me gone.

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:07 am

Vilepagan wrote:
Nice job editing my statement to make it look worse. :roll:



No, I'm calm Red. You, and your fellow complainers need to calm down, and stop whining, especially about what is posted in this thread. This is not the general forums, and as I've said in this thread many times, the "rules" are a little relaxed here. Have you noticed no other "personal attacks" in this thread?
I have noticed less, however I have also noticed a certain bird on here that stalks and throws insults all the time and gets away with it.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:35 am

Umm, Red...what happened to your "ignore" swagger? I'm in your head, Red...what can I say?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19537
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:11 am

GOODave wrote:That would be true, IF I was warned about the "same thing" each time. But most of those were concocted out of your faux sense of outrage at what I've said.
Unfortunately for the board, your choir believes you when you say that. The mods don't. We have copies of your warnings. Most have the quote of what you were warned for, some don't and some only have comments from an exasperated mod - mostly me.

I consider those to be private communications between the mods and you. I'm a very principled person and It isn't something I would ordinarily do, but when I see you trying to destroy the board with your false claims, I'm very tempted to post the list publicly.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Locked