You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Red

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Zebra wrote:

It seems like a lot of common sense is missing from this board (posters and mod) along with respect, fairness, consideration. This place has become a one sided joke. But I think I'll stay for the entertainment. :cheers:

My 15 year old daughter has made it a project at school the past year to monitor the board. Her group logged on everyday and checked out thread after thread. She can't believe these are adults "discussing" things. She even saw some of my posts and PMs and told me I should know better. To that I said, "HA HA HA" (hope I didn't over do that) :hide:
Great teaching moments, Zebra. She is learning early how the liberal mind works (err.....doesn't).
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Zebra wrote:My 15 year old daughter has made it a project at school the past year to monitor the board. Her group logged on everyday and checked out thread after thread. She can't believe these are adults "discussing" things. She even saw some of my posts and PMs and told me I should know better. To that I said, "HA HA HA" (hope I didn't over do that) :hide:
Is she going to publish her findings?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 pm

I know, right?

Zebra's revelation of his daughter's experiment sent a shiver down my spine.

[Red, that would be the opposite to CM's leg shiver at BHO's inauguration.]

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:46 pm

I told you there were kids here.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:22 am

This forum is pretty tame compared to some of the ones friends have asked me to join.. :shock: Zebras kid on one of those would get an education no parent could ever imagine.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:43 am

Zebra wrote:

It seems like a lot of common sense is missing from this board (posters and mod) along with respect, fairness, consideration. This place has become a one sided joke. But I think I'll stay for the entertainment. :cheers:

My 15 year old daughter has made it a project at school the past year to monitor the board. Her group logged on everyday and checked out thread after thread. She can't believe these are adults "discussing" things. She even saw some of my posts and PMs and told me I should know better. To that I said, "HA HA HA" (hope I didn't over do that) :hide:
Great teaching moments, Zebra. She is learning early how the conservative mind works (err.....doesn't).
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:01 am

Wabash wrote: Great teaching moments, Zebra. She is learning early how the conservative mind works (err.....doesn't).
heh, heh, heh ... would it be easier if I just PM'd you with what I write in posts? you wouldn't have to follow me around, then. :thumbsup:

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:08 am

GOODave wrote: heh, heh, heh ... would it be easier if I just PM'd you with what I write in posts? you wouldn't have to follow me around, then. :thumbsup:
I know Zebra. He is a great teacher and I am sure his Daughter knows right from wrong. A concept that somehow escapes the liberal mind.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:07 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Is she going to publish her findings?
I think I can swing that ..

She does start her section of the narrative with "I always knew my Dad was a child at heart but ... " :-"
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:12 pm

SoMelo wrote:This forum is pretty tame compared to some of the ones friends have asked me to join.. :shock: Zebras kid on one of those would get an education no parent could ever imagine.
I agree .. thier group of five followed their parents "message boarding" habits for 6 months .... there was some eye opening stuff. All of this was done with parent permission and understanding that some of the posts they may see would be shocking. For instance, one kid in the class (not in the group), his dad and Mom are Toe Tag Skinheads ... crazzzzzy stuff. :shock:
Coach, you can call me a S.O.B. all you want. Just don't call me a little S.O.B. [-X

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:17 pm

Zebra wrote: I think I can swing that ..

She does start her section of the narrative with "I always knew my Dad was a child at heart but ... " :-"
Tell her I'll give her a password. She can have the front page. :shock:

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:28 pm

As anyone with a teenager knows or knows a teenager, they have a mind of thier own.. she gets to chose which road she wants to go down. :rockon:

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Zebra wrote:As anyone with a teenager knows or knows a teenager, they have a mind of thier own.. she gets to chose which road she wants to go down. :rockon:
I gotta think this site has got to be pretty boring for a 15 year old girl.

But wait... She did like My Doggie Auggie, right?

How about the new video I made of Beavis & Soca?
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:40 pm

John Q. Public wrote: Tell her I'll give her a password. She can have the front page. :shock:
I suspect she's a budding teenage hacker gurl. I'll email her portion, which concerned this board, and the end conclusions, which contains a group view, to you and you can peruse it before posting. It doesn't name names or rip on anyone, in particular, its a pretty good narrative of the way the kids look at the "discussions" and how they think thier parents would react to each others boards. I knew I should have kept my nose in the Sports Board exclusively wher I know what the hell I'm talking about. The only people they really call out are the parents, because they have our permission.

You may recall a recent retraction I requested the mods to do for me .. that was a direct result of my daughter reading my words and looking me in the eye and verbalized .. "Really Dad?" :slapfight:

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:45 pm

SoMelo wrote: I gotta think this site has got to be pretty boring for a 15 year old girl.

But wait... She did like My Doggie Auggie, right?

How about the new video I made of Beavis & Soca?
[BBvideo 425,350][/BBvideo]
She loved Auggie! :thumbsup:

Yup ... Bored to tears but entertained and they got a grade for it.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 am

John Q. Public wrote:
Is it the word "stupid" to which you object, John?

It is not a "warnable" offense to make an untoward comment about something someone has SAID. Note I did not call Wabash, himself, "stupid." That was, as you quoted, a stupid STATEMENT (or "...a stupid thing to say").

So I think I've answered my own question: You object to the use of certain words, regardless of the context, right? What about "dumb?" Could I have observed it was "...a dumb thing to say?" Or "...an idiotic thing to say?" Or is it just "stupid" to which you object?

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:24 am

GOODave wrote: Is it the word "stupid" to which you object, John?

It is not a "warnable" offense to make an untoward comment about something someone has SAID. Note I did not call Wabash, himself, "stupid." That was, as you quoted, a stupid STATEMENT (or "...a stupid thing to say").

So I think I've answered my own question: You object to the use of certain words, regardless of the context, right? What about "dumb?" Could I have observed it was "...a dumb thing to say?" Or "...an idiotic thing to say?" Or is it just "stupid" to which you object?
It seems that Wabash is being afforded special protection the more outrageous his bashing on Conservatives becomes.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 am

Wabash...it's your week, big guy...the hit squad has you in its sights, and they'll be pounding you for the next few days....Let the trashing begin......Image
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:04 am

Parrotpaul wrote:Wabash...it's your week, big guy...the hit squad has you in its sights, and they'll be pounding you for the next few days....Let the trashing begin......Image
What a stupid thing to say. :mrgreen:

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 am

I think it's time for Paul and Omar to get back into this thread. So:
John Q. Public wrote:I see. You... had... nothing... to do with the words in red, other than you're the one who posted them!

You see, Red, you say you're "careless" when you post things like that but that's not how it looks from this side. To people other than yourself, you just look like you aren't all that intelligent. You can prevent that by paying attention to what you post.
You were talking, above, about Red's post which you moved into the "NY Principal: 'God Bless the USA' offensive" thread and, then, criticized Red because you believe the parts you highlighted in his post make him look unintelligent.

First, your criicism was unwarranted and a very thinly veiled personal attack on Red. You're right, you're the site owner so we should be expecting much better from you.

But moreover, I disagree with what you've observed here. I am typically very careful of how I post articles and quotes from articles: I try to remove all the irrelevant links and sidebars and anything that doesn't contribute to one's understanding of what I want them to read. But this community has more than a few who are not as careful as I am. ANY number of articles have those un-working links and sidebars included in the quote and I've simply learned to overlook them.

I do not believe including them is any level of indicator of one's intelligence since both Al and Paul (two of the more learned people in this community) incude that stuff regularly. Both Al and Paul have grammatical errors in their comments, as well and what I conclude from that is, they weren't raised with the strict grammar rules with which I was raised... doesn't make them less intelligent and doesn't make me think of them as less intelligent.

Finally, I don't believe you blamed Red for Google's page-rating. That's just nonsense as long as you encourage some of the juvenile posters who infect this place.