You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 am

Again, being voted "The Most Magnificent Poster" on this site was quite an honor in light of the fact it was either intended to be a slap down, or another poster was supposed to win. The fact is, I have invited new posters to join this site. They have lurked on the site and learned in a few browsing sessions, what I have known for quite awahile. I have even asked previous posters to come back to no avail. There is an infection in here and it is not me, however I will take some of the blame. Having said that. all in fun. No harm intended. :cheers:
Last edited by SoMelo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting whole post.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I just recieved a warning for quoting. Will somebody please explain to me why some posters get away with and why I receive wanrings. Help me here! I did nothing wrong here. Ramon posed a noted regarding his parents and how they feel about illegal immigrants. I quoted his posted and indicated my wife felt the same way and received a warning. What did I do wrong. I am confused.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Save it, Red...you've been asked dozens of times not to quote long articles or long posts by other posters...you have blown it off for months as being careless. Now you whine when you get slapped.... :shrug:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

crayegg
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by crayegg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 pm

When your responding to a post with no other posts between, there is no reason to quote it.

User avatar
Omar Bongo
Posts: 9074
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Red wrote:Great teaching moments, Zebra. She is learning early how the liberal mind works (err.....doesn't).
Red wrote:I know Zebra. He is a great teacher and I am sure his Daughter knows right from wrong. A concept that somehow escapes the liberal mind.
sbayhills wrote:It seems that Wabash is being afforded special protection the more outrageous his bashing on Conservatives becomes.
Any different than Red's daily insulting comments about liberals?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Heywould
Posts: 1443
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Heywould » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Save it, Red...you've been asked dozens of times not to quote long articles or long posts by other posters...you have blown it off for months as being careless. Now you whine when you get slapped.... :shrug:
I didn't realize you were a moderator
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:

Any different than Red's daily insulting comments about liberals?
Yeah... There are Wabash's daily, hourly, and minute-by-minute insulting comments about conservatives...

OH WAIT, that's not different. So, no.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Heywould wrote: I didn't realize you were a moderator
Read my post from this morning: I noted it was time for Paul and Omar to get back into this thread. Like clockwork, anyone complains about the moderating and one or both dance in here to drive the topic off the moderating.

I'm sure the moderators appreciate it because they have yet to address it ( never mind stop it)... So best thing for us to do is laugh at their predictable juvenile antics.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

crayegg wrote:When your responding to a post with no other posts between, there is no reason to quote it.
I disagree. I think it is just good manners to post the quote you are responding to. It saves readers from looking everything up. It makes things less confusing when switching to different threads.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

crayegg
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by crayegg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

The owner of the site has requested us not to quote unnecessarily. In my opinion, when there is no other post between a response (like this one), it is unnecessary to quote.

When there are multiple posts between your post and the post your are responding to, I think the quote is appropriate, like here where you quoted my short post. Perhaps JQP will give his opinion.
Last edited by crayegg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm

crayegg wrote:The owner of the site has requested us not to quote unnecessarily. In my opinion, when there is no other post between a response (like this one), it is unnecessary to quote. Perhaps JQP will give his opinion.
You may feel that way because you don't post much; if you did you would soon realize the importance of using quotes.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

crayegg
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by crayegg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Check my edited post.

See, your post was right next to mine this time, the quote was unnecessary.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Some people would be in a major hurt if he disabled the quote function..
Just like he did with the emoticons maybe he should disable it for a few days :shrug:

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:15 pm

You may not do it crayegg, but many other do. I'm hoping they all get warnings. Yeah, that's the ticket. So enjoyable when you post and get a BOARD WARNING. I say the owner of the board either share CLEAR rules that apply to everyone, or don't enforce it at all. BTW, if I make a donation, can I use more cyberspace?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12550
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:21 pm

SoMelo wrote:Some people would be in a major hurt if he disabled the quote function..
Just like he did with the emoticons maybe he should disable it for a few days :shrug:
I have to disagree with this, and I seem to recall you weren't too happy about the smiley's being disabled. if there's a problem with any poster for any reason, it should be addressed with that poster, not the whole membership, IMO.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red
Posts: 17717
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
I have to disagree with this, and I seem to recall you weren't too happy about the smiley's being disabled. if there's a problem with any poster for any reason, it should be addressed with that poster, not the whole membership, IMO.
Alrighty now! Not trying to start anything, however is this what I received the warning for? Quoting? I am still confused when I can and when I can't. Thanks for the help.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Maybe the board should take a summer vacation from the posters...come back for the conventions...might do everyone some good.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12550
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Red wrote:Not trying to start anything, however is this what I received the warning for?
You asked me this via PM and I answered your question. You were warned for ignoring the repeated requests of the mods and JQP. I really don't understand why that isn't clear to you or why it's even a surprise. As has been pointed out, this has been going on for months and you've pleaded "carelessness" as the cause. While this might be acceptable as an explanation for past behavior, it can't excuse continuing in that behavior which you have been requested to stop. You've were asked many, many, times. The next step is to give you a warning, which you finally received after much patience on the part of the mods and JQP. As I said in my PM to you, it's only a warning...think of it as a strong reminder to not be careless when you post here.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:11 pm

If you explained all this to him in a PM, why the need to repeat it? Is one's ability to comprehend on on open thread any different from a PM?

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19744
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 pm

SoMelo wrote:Some people would be in a major hurt if he disabled the quote function..
Just like he did with the emoticons maybe he should disable it for a few days :shrug:
I've seriously thought about turning it off for a few days. Nothing like having to manually type "So and so said:" to see how unnecessary it is. It should be used for clarity and that's all. It's not a Reply button. Crayegg's absolutely right.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Locked