You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Red

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:38 am

Again, being voted "The Most Magnificent Poster" on this site was quite an honor in light of the fact it was either intended to be a slap down, or another poster was supposed to win. The fact is, I have invited new posters to join this site. They have lurked on the site and learned in a few browsing sessions, what I have known for quite awahile. I have even asked previous posters to come back to no avail. There is an infection in here and it is not me, however I will take some of the blame. Having said that. all in fun. No harm intended. :cheers:
Last edited by SoMelo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quoting whole post.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:36 pm

I just recieved a warning for quoting. Will somebody please explain to me why some posters get away with and why I receive wanrings. Help me here! I did nothing wrong here. Ramon posed a noted regarding his parents and how they feel about illegal immigrants. I quoted his posted and indicated my wife felt the same way and received a warning. What did I do wrong. I am confused.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:54 pm

Save it, Red...you've been asked dozens of times not to quote long articles or long posts by other posters...you have blown it off for months as being careless. Now you whine when you get slapped.... :shrug:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 pm

When your responding to a post with no other posts between, there is no reason to quote it.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Red wrote:Great teaching moments, Zebra. She is learning early how the liberal mind works (err.....doesn't).
Red wrote:I know Zebra. He is a great teacher and I am sure his Daughter knows right from wrong. A concept that somehow escapes the liberal mind.
sbayhills wrote:It seems that Wabash is being afforded special protection the more outrageous his bashing on Conservatives becomes.
Any different than Red's daily insulting comments about liberals?
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Save it, Red...you've been asked dozens of times not to quote long articles or long posts by other posters...you have blown it off for months as being careless. Now you whine when you get slapped.... :shrug:
I didn't realize you were a moderator
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:35 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:

Any different than Red's daily insulting comments about liberals?
Yeah... There are Wabash's daily, hourly, and minute-by-minute insulting comments about conservatives...

OH WAIT, that's not different. So, no.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Heywould wrote: I didn't realize you were a moderator
Read my post from this morning: I noted it was time for Paul and Omar to get back into this thread. Like clockwork, anyone complains about the moderating and one or both dance in here to drive the topic off the moderating.

I'm sure the moderators appreciate it because they have yet to address it ( never mind stop it)... So best thing for us to do is laugh at their predictable juvenile antics.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:44 pm

crayegg wrote:When your responding to a post with no other posts between, there is no reason to quote it.
I disagree. I think it is just good manners to post the quote you are responding to. It saves readers from looking everything up. It makes things less confusing when switching to different threads.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

The owner of the site has requested us not to quote unnecessarily. In my opinion, when there is no other post between a response (like this one), it is unnecessary to quote.

When there are multiple posts between your post and the post your are responding to, I think the quote is appropriate, like here where you quoted my short post. Perhaps JQP will give his opinion.
Last edited by crayegg on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm

crayegg wrote:The owner of the site has requested us not to quote unnecessarily. In my opinion, when there is no other post between a response (like this one), it is unnecessary to quote. Perhaps JQP will give his opinion.
You may feel that way because you don't post much; if you did you would soon realize the importance of using quotes.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Check my edited post.

See, your post was right next to mine this time, the quote was unnecessary.

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Some people would be in a major hurt if he disabled the quote function..
Just like he did with the emoticons maybe he should disable it for a few days :shrug:

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:15 pm

You may not do it crayegg, but many other do. I'm hoping they all get warnings. Yeah, that's the ticket. So enjoyable when you post and get a BOARD WARNING. I say the owner of the board either share CLEAR rules that apply to everyone, or don't enforce it at all. BTW, if I make a donation, can I use more cyberspace?

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:21 pm

SoMelo wrote:Some people would be in a major hurt if he disabled the quote function..
Just like he did with the emoticons maybe he should disable it for a few days :shrug:
I have to disagree with this, and I seem to recall you weren't too happy about the smiley's being disabled. if there's a problem with any poster for any reason, it should be addressed with that poster, not the whole membership, IMO.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
I have to disagree with this, and I seem to recall you weren't too happy about the smiley's being disabled. if there's a problem with any poster for any reason, it should be addressed with that poster, not the whole membership, IMO.
Alrighty now! Not trying to start anything, however is this what I received the warning for? Quoting? I am still confused when I can and when I can't. Thanks for the help.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm

Maybe the board should take a summer vacation from the posters...come back for the conventions...might do everyone some good.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Red wrote:Not trying to start anything, however is this what I received the warning for?
You asked me this via PM and I answered your question. You were warned for ignoring the repeated requests of the mods and JQP. I really don't understand why that isn't clear to you or why it's even a surprise. As has been pointed out, this has been going on for months and you've pleaded "carelessness" as the cause. While this might be acceptable as an explanation for past behavior, it can't excuse continuing in that behavior which you have been requested to stop. You've were asked many, many, times. The next step is to give you a warning, which you finally received after much patience on the part of the mods and JQP. As I said in my PM to you, it's only a warning...think of it as a strong reminder to not be careless when you post here.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

SoMelo

Post by SoMelo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:11 pm

If you explained all this to him in a PM, why the need to repeat it? Is one's ability to comprehend on on open thread any different from a PM?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:46 pm

SoMelo wrote:Some people would be in a major hurt if he disabled the quote function..
I've seriously thought about turning it off for a few days. Nothing like having to manually type "So and so said:" to see how unnecessary it is. It should be used for clarity and that's all. It's not a Reply button. Crayegg's absolutely right.
Don't look at me, I just work here.