Regarding problems with deletions/suspensions

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Luca

Regarding problems with deletions/suspensions

Post by Luca » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:41 pm

For those of you who have been contacting me with the problems regarding deletions of your threads and posts, I won't be on the conference board anymore. I won't have any input or contributions to make so you'll need to take it up with whomever else is on the board.

I don't think I'll be posting on this side of the board and perhaps not the website much longer. It may be best to contact JQP directly with complaints and questions. Thanks...............Luca

Parrotpaul

Re: Regarding problems with deletions/suspensions

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:51 pm

You are a fine member, Luca. Your contributions are valuable, scholarly, informative, and credible. There is no need to go anywhere.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Paul, you can keep pretending that there isn't a problem with this board but it's not going to just go away. Go back and read what's left of the JSerra thread and you might get clued in.
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:28 pm

Board has been fine...apparently the dilemma is yours...the place no longer meets your needs. It happens.

I read the JSerra thread...what specifically is in there that causes you to get all stressed? Looks to me as if melo was getting under the skins of a few high school football groupies, and the good old boys got salty and tight-jawed....what's the problem?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Board has been fine...apparently the dilemma is yours...the place no longer meets your needs. It happens.

I read the JSerra thread...what specifically is in there that causes you to get all stressed? Looks to me as if melo was getting under the skins of a few high school football groupies, and the good old boys got salty and tight-jawed....what's the problem?
You seem to have a lot of respect for Luca, are you not curious as to why he's had enough? How about the points raised by AIYK? The are 10+ posters raising the exact same issue and then there is you, Wabroy and Bingo who pretend there's no problems. Why do you suppose the these 10 posters are complaining? What's in it for them? Are they all possibly mistaken about what they perceive has happened around here?
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Not curious at all. This is probably the third time I can remember Luca has sworn off this place. It won't be his last. This board is cupcakeville compared with what it used to be. I don't PM people. That way I don't get too involved in the various groups that form. I'm comfortable with the present state of the board.

Heywould

Post by Heywould » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Not curious at all. This is probably the third time I can remember Luca has sworn off this place. It won't be his last. This board is cupcakeville compared with what it used to be. I don't PM people. That way I don't get too involved in the various groups that form. I'm comfortable with the present state of the board.
I'm glad to know that you're comfortable with the Board, but that wasn't the question. The question was do you just think it's just a coincidence that 10+ posters all have the exact same complaint?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:23 pm

Heywould wrote: You seem to have a lot of respect for Luca, are you not curious as to why he's had enough? How about the points raised by AIYK? The are 10+ posters raising the exact same issue and then there is you, Wabroy and Bingo who pretend there's no problems. Why do you suppose the these 10 posters are complaining? What's in it for them? Are they all possibly mistaken about what they perceive has happened around here?
Yup. Especially the members of those 10 individuals who continually claim I'm someone else.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Heywould wrote: I'm glad to know that you're comfortable with the Board, but that wasn't the question. The question was do you just think it's just a coincidence that 10+ posters all have the exact same complaint?
Name 'em. And while you're there, have them copy you with all of their warnings and the dates of their suspensions. I want to see just how unfair we've been to all 10+ of them. For your 10+, I can show you 182+ who don't have the exact same complaint. Let's compare. I want examples.

And why is it that they've appointed somebody who's hanging on by a thread as their spokesman?

Seriously. I can hit the "ban" button 2, maybe 3 times and all of these accusations will be gone. I don't have a problem with that. It would make my life a whole lot easier.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:41 pm

Heywould wrote: I'm glad to know that you're comfortable with the Board, but that wasn't the question. The question was do you just think it's just a coincidence that 10+ posters all have the exact same complaint?
I don't know, do you think it's coincidence all those OWS protesters have the exact same complaints? Or does this only apply to message board shenanigans?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 am

John Q. Public wrote: Name 'em. And while you're there, have them copy you with all of their warnings and the dates of their suspensions. I want to see just how unfair we've been to all 10+ of them. For your 10+, I can show you 182+ who don't have the exact same complaint. Let's compare. I want examples.
How do the 182+ and 10+ compare as far as time spent on the board?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:52 am

John Q. Public wrote: Name 'em. And while you're there, have them copy you with all of their warnings and the dates of their suspensions. I want to see just how unfair we've been to all 10+ of them. For your 10+, I can show you 182+ who don't have the exact same complaint. Let's compare. I want examples.
I am one of them, of course.

I'm happy to share my earned warning and suspension with Heywould or anyone else who asks. But, of course, you would likely take issue with the earned warning I share from amongst all the rest I did not earn.

Personally, I think 10 is a low-ball estimate: If I count those who no longer come here to argue, the list gets pretty long and includes people from both ideologies.

So, as to your 182, are you sure you're not counting all the alleged sock-puppets and seasonal (or non-) participants who are listed on the Members page?

Just going by the members list, I count significantly fewer than that, but maybe we're counting differently: with the list ordered by number of posts, highest to lowest, I'm through the first three pages and I'm not even to a hundred, yet.

Red

Post by Red » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 am

Luca wrote:For those of you who have been contacting me with the problems regarding deletions of your threads and posts, I won't be on the conference board anymore. I won't have any input or contributions to make so you'll need to take it up with whomever else is on the board.

I don't think I'll be posting on this side of the board and perhaps not the website much longer. It may be best to contact JQP directly with complaints and questions. Thanks...............Luca
Thanks for your service.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:36 am

Luca wrote:For those of you who have been contacting me with the problems regarding deletions of your threads and posts, I won't be on the conference board anymore. I won't have any input or contributions to make so you'll need to take it up with whomever else is on the board.

See ya. Don't be a stranger.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.