General off topic garbage

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Wabash

General off topic garbage

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:11 pm

! Message from: John Q. Public
Tell ya what. Let's just pile all of the crap in one place and see how big the pile gets.
MDDad, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to NOT buy into the fear based reporting that has become the norm for outlets like Fox News.

Fear of immigrants being one of their schticks.

It wasn't that long ago we were all going to die from Ebola. Yet here we are.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

sbayhills

Re: President Obama Dissembles and Defames

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:38 pm

It wasn't that long ago we were all going to die from Ebola. Yet here we are.
This continues to be one of your latest schticks. You've already used it to death. Nobody said that, and nobody believed it.

Your New Years Resolution should be to quit watching Fox News. We're tired of hearing what you think they said.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:51 pm

"We're" is a collective pronoun, SBH. I would not know what was on Fox News without Wabash and his commentaries or Bev and her commentaries. Who would you believe first? Just sayin" I'll go with Wabash....a well-educated gentleman with far-reaching experience in a variety of personal and professional areas. :mrgreen:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:05 pm

Just sayin" I'll go with Wabash....a well-educated gentleman with far-reaching experience in a variety of personal and professional areas. :mrgreen:
No surprise there. As for your flattering description of the guy................... :oops:

Do you really believe that Fox News stated " We were all going to die from Ebola" as your well educated Gentleman Wabash has been throwing out there?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:17 pm

Do you really believe that Fox News stated " We were all going to die from Ebola" as your well educated Gentleman Wabash has been throwing out there?

I do. Do you put much credibility in Bev's reporting of Fox News? Do you watch Fox News because it is a credible news source or because it is comfort food?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm

sbayhills wrote:Do you really believe that Fox News stated " We were all going to die from Ebola" as your well educated Gentleman Wabash has been throwing out there?
PP wrote:I do. Do you put much credibility in Bev's reporting of Fox News? Do you watch Fox News because it is a credible news source or because it is comfort food?
Really Paul? You complain about others credibility, but how about your own. Let me repeat what your well educated Gentleman Wabash wrote. Fox News stated we were all going to die from Ebola............Geez.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:55 pm

Loosen up....we all know Wabash drives you up a tree and twisting you a little now and then is like taking a quick shot of 110 amps..small rush. :) Trog would understand.

That you would begin to support Fox News with the same passion with which you defend the Palin family is curious and interesting to me.

Happy New Year.. :cheers:

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:04 pm

Happy New Year to you too Paul. :cheers:

Your continued over the top support of Wabash puzzles me just as much. :mrgreen:

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:10 pm

BTW, it wasn't so much about the Palin family as it was about the cheap shot Lodge crap we were all having to watch take over this board. And about Fox News. They certainly live up to a higher standard than your favorite, MSNBC.
Last edited by sbayhills on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Lindsay Graham said it but he was talking about ISIS, not ebola.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Some things simply can't be explained to anyone else's satisfaction.....such is my support for Wabash...possibly for similar reasons as to why you never spoke out against the far-right mouthpieces that tended to clutter this place for a while.

Ummm....MSNBC is not a fav of mine. I watched it before the election of 2008 but not much afterward. CNBC...I watch even though it rankles me about as much as Fox does. I love to watch the libertarians spin the realities of the equities markets.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:18 pm

Thanks Crayegg. Happy New Year to you too.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Some things simply can't be explained to anyone else's satisfaction.....such is my support for Wabash...possibly for similar reasons as to why you never spoke out against the far-right mouthpieces that tended to clutter this place for a while.
There's a difference between speaking out against someone you felt were out of line, and going to bat for someone who behaves in similar fashion would be my best explanation. Those were some pretty vicious times for sure.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:27 pm

There's a difference between speaking out against someone you felt were out of line, and going to bat for someone who behaves in similar fashion would be my best explanation.

Huh?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:51 pm

I hope no one has written off Ebola as a threat to Americans. Obama continues to play with fire, he's been lucky so far regarding Ebola.
Citing Ebola, Obama Administration Allows Nationals from Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone to Stay in U.S.

Last Thursday, Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Jeh Johnson announced that nationals from Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone are eligible for protection from deportation, grants of work authorization, and travel authorization for eighteen months. (USCIS Press Release, Nov. 20, 2014) DHS is affecting this change by granting nationals from these countries, whether legal or illegal, Temporary Protected Status (TPS). DHS estimates these grants of TPS will apply to 8,000 West Africans.

In the announcement, the Obama Administration cites the Ebola outbreak as the reason for granting TPS to these West African nationals.
http://www.fairus.org/legislative-updat ... 11-24-2014
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Parrotpaul: Some things simply can't be explained to anyone else's satisfaction.....such is my support for Wabash...
Not so hard to explain at all.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:01 pm

This continues to be one of your latest schticks. You've already used it to death. Nobody said that, and nobody believed it.

Here you go:
Fox News host Megyn Kelly: “Breaking tonight with Ebola scares popping up across the country.”

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly: “All flights from West Africa should immediately be discontinued to the USA.”

Fox News host Eric Bolling: “Meanwhile, we have a border that is so porous, Ebola or ISIS or Ebola on the backs of ISIS could come through our border.”

Fox News host Sean Hannity: “Should pets who have been exposed to the Ebola virus be euthanized?” “Yes,” says an off-camera voice.

Fox News host Bill O’Reilly: “That’s where we are. Many people frightened and angry that Ebola may spread throughout the USA.”

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro: “What’s that? You don’t want people to panic. You don’t want us to panic? How about I don’t want us to die.”
This has nothing to do with immigration. So this will be my only response about Fox News and its coverage.

They are in the business of selling fear. Fear of immigrants is part of their schtick.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:27 pm

This has nothing to do with immigration. So this will be my only response about Fox News and its coverage.
Great, that means I'll get the last word in for the first time with you Wabash.
They are in the business of selling fear. Fear of immigrants is part of their schtick
So you agree that no one said what you stated, Fox News stated we were all going to die from Ebola. Interesting that you accuse Fox as selling fear, when you're the one spreading it here.

Fordama

Re: General off topic garbage

Post by Fordama » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:07 pm

How in the world is allowing people to stay here for an extra 18 months instead of going back to West Africa playing with fire in regards to ebola?

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

afan95

Re: General off topic garbage

Post by afan95 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:18 pm

Wabash, I thought that you never bought into the Fox news doom and gloom stories.
For you to say that it's part of your 2015 resolutions makes it sound like you have in the past...

so which issue caused you to get drawn in??
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP