General off topic garbage

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Wabash

Re: General off topic garbage

Post by Wabash » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:30 pm

I don't. Just pointing out the business model Fox uses.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:49 am

The business model of virtually every news agency is readership/viewership. People seem to like a good trainwreck. FoxNews finds the trainwreck, shows everyone the trainwreck and stands by fanning the flames. Then they show stats on all train wrecks and make it personal by telling you how you could be affected by such a trainwreck.

To some extent, all of the 100% news channels are like that.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:07 am

There was no train wreck with the Ebola virus.

Fox made it sound like it was going to affect all of us. Which wasn't true at the time and never occurred.

Then almost like someone hit a switch, their coverage all but disappeared the day after the November elections.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:16 am

Yeah! They should have stuck with real news, like convincing us our airplane was going to get lost in the Indian Ocean or shot down.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:32 am

Or like the MSNBC guy who stated that maybe it fell into a black hole!

Wabash continues to try and blame Fox for over exaggerations, when his example is just that.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:20 am

How would you know that unless you watch MSNBC or someone told you?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:45 am

SBH, I blame their viewers for being so gullible. Fox is making money. I don't blame them for tapping a golf vein.

Just don't pretend they are in the business of being a legitimate source of information.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:24 am

Wabash wrote:Fox made it sound like it was going to affect all of us.
Ebola in America was a great attention-grabber and lead story, so Fox blew it out of proportion, as did all the other news channels.

However, they never said we would "all die from it" or that "it was going to affect all of us". You either imagined that because of your political biases, or you're exaggerating it to support your political agenda.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:51 am

I posted quotes from Fox Newies proving my point. Please feel free to do the same.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:04 am

Yes, and none of those eight quotes said that we would "all die from it" or "all be affected by it". It's just you pushing your tiresome biases....again.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:27 am

I would agree with you if parenthetical interpretation was all that was being implied.

I believe they were intentionally trying to whip up the hysteria I stated earlier.

If you want to see tiresome biases, watch Fox News. Their tiresome bias is 24/7.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:21 pm

How would you know that unless you watch MSNBC or someone told you?
The video of that one was posted on Yahoo News.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:24 pm

If you want to see tiresome biases, watch Fox News. Their tiresome bias is 24/7.
Or read your exaggerations!

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:55 pm

None of the comments about me change the bias that exists on Fox News.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:51 pm

Here you go Wabash, some basic info about Fox News. Your opinions about Fox News are wrong.

Fox News Channel, also known as Fox News, is an American basic cable and satellite news television channel that is owned by the Fox Entertainment Group subsidiary of 21st Century Fox. As of August 2013, approximately 97,186,000 American households (85.1% of cable, satellite & telco customers) receive the Fox News Channel. The channel broadcasts primarily from studios at Rockefeller Center in New York City.

The channel was created by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch, who hired former NBC executive Roger Ailes as its founding CEO. It launched on October 7, 1996, to 17 million cable subscribers. It grew during the late 1990s and 2000s to become the dominant cable news network in the United States.

Fox News Channel has long been accused of promoting conservative political positions and it has been widely criticized for biased reporting. Employees of Fox News Channel have responded that news reporting and political commentary operate independently of each other and have denied any bias in news reporting.

A 2014 poll by Robert Morris University finds that Fox News is the most trusted for accurate reporting among the major television news organizations. 18.4% of the 1,004 respondents named Fox as "most trusted" while CNN drew 11.9%, with no others over 7.5% trust.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News_Channel
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Wabash: I would agree with you if parenthetical interpretation was all that was being implied.
Parenthetical Interpretation? What do you mean by this and where did you take it from? Show me please?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:08 pm

A 2014 poll by Robert Morris University finds that Fox News is the most trusted for accurate reporting among the major television news organizations. 18.4% of the 1,004 respondents named Fox as "most trusted" while CNN drew 11.9%, with no others over 7.5% trust.

18%....big WOW!!!! From that same poll article..... interesting what can be done with facts

“The connection between a perceived liberal bias and the corresponding support for FOX News is not surprising,” said Anthony Moretti, associate professor of communication at RMU. “That network has ingrained in us the idea that it is ‘fair and balanced’ even though this poll shows people see FOX News as also biased.”
Large percentages see bias in most news organization reporting. All respondents were asked to name all the news organizations they considered biased in their respective reporting. Nearly one-half of all those surveyed, 47.8%, saw bias at FOX News followed by MSNBC (37.1%), CNN (36.6%), NBC News (29.5%), ABC News (29.5%) and CBS News (28.4%). Others were named with less frequency of mention.

http://www.rmu.edu/News.aspx?id=611
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Brooke wrote:Fox News Channel has long been accused of promoting conservative political positions and it has been widely criticized for biased reporting. Employees of Fox News Channel have responded that news reporting and political commentary operate independently of each other and have denied any bias in news reporting.

Um, Brooke, neither of those paragraphs say what you seem to think they say.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:24 pm

Not to worry John, I know what I posted and what it means. Meanwhile please read this again, it's important.

Employees of Fox News Channel have responded that news reporting and political commentary operate independently of each other and have denied any bias in news reporting.

This is in contrast to the other cable news stations that don't report some of the news at all, especially if it makes Obama look bad.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:54 pm

The "news reporting" at the cable news stations are fine (though limited.) However, the various opinion programs--especially at FOX--are generally crap. CNN at least has Zakaria, Amanpour to cover international news well, and Gupta for medical news.

FOX has nobody decent to comment on anything. I never watch MSNBC or CNBC, so I have no clue about them.

Fordama
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK