General off topic garbage

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Red

Re: Manafort Trial

Post by Red » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Well goody goody gumdrops for you Vile. I bet that makes you a very happy man. BTW, do you think Hillary should face a jury for all of her wrong doing? My guess is, you don't find anything wrong with this. It has nothing to do with Russian Collusion.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Post by Red » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:37 pm

I hate to chime in, however it's hard to really take any of you on the left serious. Republicans removes a tag from a hotel pillow! That's a crime. Democrats unmasks 100's of American, wiretaps the Trump campaign, destroys 1000's of subpoenaed emails - no crime here! The echo chamber blows foul air. Tell me again how FBI agents have been fired for lying?
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:36 pm

In May 2016, after nearly a decade of planning (and over the continued objections of Russia), the NATO missile defense system in Europe was finally launched.

What was Obama supposed to do to prove that he was being tough with Russia?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:23 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: Insert Trump for Obama and you see the bankruptcy of the media's outrage over Trump's failure to sufficiently denounce Putin in the manner they demand.
I don't think you want to do the Insert Trump for Obama or vice versa game. The situational morality and patriotism of the conservative movement will shine like a klieg light in a darkroom.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Tommy Tar

Post by Tommy Tar » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:55 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote:$400M paid to Iran initially, then $1.3B later on.

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/03/politics ... index.html
2016 and they need send cash??? Did all the planes make it to Iran??? Maybe we should talk to Admiral Scott Stearney who's job it was to get all the plane to Iran. Oh... wait, he committed suicide four days ago.
--:-- --:-- --:--
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Omar Bongo

Re: Republican scumbaggery at its finest

Post by Omar Bongo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:15 pm

MDDad wrote:The difference in importance of the two statements is staggering.
Credo's lie about what Obama did is worse than what he did
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:08 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Shame on you...how low can you go to defend this scumbag?
Go back and listen to the Access Hollywood tape, and don't simply rely on the soudbites and bias of the MSM.

I don't defend his words nor whatever his actions were, if indeed he actually engaged in such stupid antics. To call this "molestation" is disingenuous. If this were true, where are the criminal charges?

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 pm

Omar Bongo wrote:Credo's lie about what Obama did is worse than what he did
Add Politifact to your list of liars.

Their 2013 Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it.'

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... n-keep-it/

RPW

Re: 2019 Football Schedules

Post by RPW » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:08 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: They better hope Elias Ricks reconsiders IMG.
Why would he go to IMG at this point in his HS career? What's the long play here?
I am The Voice of Reason

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:14 pm

You could ask that same question about all of the super recruits that have transferred to IMG in the last 5 plus years.

“Considered” probably isn’t even the right word for Ricks. I don’t think he was ever going to leave. But that didn’t stop IMG DB Coach Banks from sliding in his and Darion Green’s DMs (and others in the area) and making it clear they were interested.

And it won’t stop IMG from recruiting top SoCal prospects. Worked for them with Chachi Delgado from Bosco, Bookie Radley Hiles (Calabasas), David Baldwin (Upland), TJ Pledger (Chaminade).

RPW

Post by RPW » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: You could ask that same question about all of the super recruits that have transferred to IMG in the last 5 plus years.

“Considered” probably isn’t even the right word for Ricks. I don’t think he was ever going to leave. But that didn’t stop IMG DB Coach Banks from sliding in his and Darion Green’s DMs (and others in the area) and making it clear they were interested.

None of this is true.
I am The Voice of Reason

RedPillWonderland

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by RedPillWonderland » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:49 pm

OutOfState wrote: So while the other division champions can feel good about themselves, the truth is that they are all sitting at the children’s table while the best are in the Open division.
It’s analogous to college basketball postseason. I’d rather be the last team selected to the NCAA tournament than win the NIT. Although I’m sure the NIT champions can still order themselves nice fancy rings.
Easy there; Santa Margarita Basketball just won the “NIT”/baby championship and is ordering their fancy rings right now. Give them their due.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

cruiser wrote:(If it ain't open, it ain't nothing!) - Bottom line,It's open and ALL the rest, period.
You gotta play with the big boys to make it real! everything else is, well; everything else!
That might be the case if anybody knew what the hell was going on in the Open Division for Basketball. There is pool play and then a playoff bracket(?) then a CIF Championship, then more games. Is MD still playing? Does anyone care anymore? Yay big boy basketball. What a mess.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:05 pm

Funny how a team ( let's just call them Santa Margarita ) comes third in their conference AFTER getting Mater Dei at HOME with Mater Dei not getting a return home game with Santa Margarita.

Magically gets dropped to Div 1 and wins the C.I.F.

I guess that is something to be proud about ( I guess playing at a lower level to win a ring must mean something to Santa Margarita )

Why not drop to Div 5 and virtually assure yourself of a ring. Safer that playing with the big boys.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:36 pm

Santa Margarita didn’t get dropped to division 1. No one is in the open division until they announce the open teams. Cif decided there were other teams more worthy of the open division slots so santa margarita went to division 1 because that’s the division they are in. I’m sure santa margaritas players are proud of having won the championship for division 1.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:24 pm

If Santa Margarita didn't get dropped, how did they manage to play in Div 1 for the playoffs and NOT the open div?

Are you suggesting they voluntarily chose to not take the opportunity to play the top teams?

That given a choice they would of played in the open division?

Really it's not so bad, so you go the easier route, after all they came 3rd in league the Div 1 was the smart move.

I wouldn't rush to hang a banner in the rafters though.

Do you think the banner would say div 1?

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:36 pm

they were never in the open division so they couldnt get dropped from it. i would assume they will hang up a banner because i think they do for every sport winning a cif title. i have not asked anyone if it will say div 1 but i would guess so

OutOfState

Post by OutOfState » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:38 pm

Santa Margarita, or anybody else in D1 was not dropped. There was no pre determined open division. The teams that make the open division can come from any league. CIF selected the teams. My guess is that SM likely fell just short of the top 8. SM did not ‘choose’ to play in the D1 playoffs.
Now having said that, I still stand by my earlier statement in that the Open division is the only one that matters.

dont be that guy

Post by dont be that guy » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Daforno wrote:Funny how a team ( let's just call them Santa Margarita ) comes third in their conference AFTER getting Mater Dei at HOME with Mater Dei not getting a return home game with Santa Margarita.

Magically gets dropped to Div 1 and wins the C.I.F.

I guess that is something to be proud about ( I guess playing at a lower level to win a ring must mean something to Santa Margarita )

Why not drop to Div 5 and virtually assure yourself of a ring. Safer that playing with the big boys.
I know, right? It would be way better to go 2-1 in "pool play" and never get a chance to play a meaningful playoff game then beat Chino Hills for the CIF Championship. Ohh, the memories of those pool play games. Priceless. I'm sure those kids who transferred in were dreaming of just being a "big boy" and not winning CIF.

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:44 pm

Actually I think those kids would rather play in the OPEN div with an opportunity to play the best and be the best than to win a lower Div Championship.

These kids with travel teams and playing 80 games in summer league are only playing to win it all and to get to college, I truly think that a league Championship and anything short of the OPEN div doesn't amount a whole lot to them.

Just like the NCAA vs the NIT, I would think any college coach would gladly be team 64 ( with a chance at the big dance )
Than WIN the NIT!!!!!

Like I said good for Santa Margarita it was the easier and obviously the better route for them after coming in 3rd in league I don't think they were the number 9 ranked team. They didn't just miss out of the top 8.