The Benefits of Debating

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
MDDad

Re: The Benefits of Debating

Post by MDDad » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:42 pm

Brooke wrote:No one asked your opinion.
That's right. And nobody asked for 19,000 repetitions of yours.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:35 pm

Trog: Tis better to throw a wrench into a thread they can't logically refute, than to stand by with their mouth open.
Exactly, so how can they possibly have those opinions? Do you know the answer to that?
Trog: Then it is much more fun for them to kick and abuse a crippled puppy
I am not a crippled puppy and no one abuses or kicks me.
Trog: than to actually defend their positions.
You already covered this in your first sentence. Their opinions have no logic, reason or intelligence which is why they cannot defend them. Their only recourse is to lower the level of their behavior.
Trog: The big question is; Why do you stick around and take their crap? I would have left a long time ago...
No, the big question is why don't you guys with some brains put pressure on them to behave like ethical adults instead of ignoring them?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:38 am

Then it is much more fun for them to kick and abuse a crippled puppy than to actually defend their positions.

Even Trog calls you a crippled puppy...now that there is the mark of approval. I'm relieved to read you don't feel kicked or abused...that there is another mark of approval.

Again, you deflect, Bev...the question really is, why do you stick around a place where you're not appreciated?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:56 am

Parrotpaul wrote:..the question really is, why do you stick around a place where you're not appreciated?
Probably for the same reason a few other people do as well.

On that,...
Don't look at me, I just work here.