Complaint About Another Locked Thread

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
Brooke

Complaint About Another Locked Thread

Post by Brooke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:24 pm

I disagree with your decision to lock the Cadet Carson thread John. Especially in light of the fact of all the confusion that surfaced with several of the last posts. There was still lots to discuss.

Where does all the confusion come from on this forum? So many times straight-forward posts are misinterpreted. :eh?: How is that possible?
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Re: Complaint About Another Locked Thread

Post by Parrotpaul » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Low hanging fruit... I'll pass.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:29 pm

I disagree with your rude assessment Parrotpaul. After all, isn't the ultimate goal here is to reach greater understanding of the issues under discussion?

Your post is puzzling considering your years as a teacher. :??
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:46 pm

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:56 pm

A whole bunch of pages of "IS"/"IS NOT" wasn't going anywhere, Brooke...
Wabash redefining "IS" and you insisting "IS NOT" got old a long while back...
You two will still be arguing the same points after the next election is over..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:36 am

I didn't redefine anything. I only cited facts from the USMA website detailing admissions policy. The best part is that you helped.

JQP hit the nail on the head. A offer of a recommendation was made. There was never an offer of a full scholarship since he never applied.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 am

Oh. I thought you were going to say that I'd hit the nail on the head by thinking that the last 5 pages of it had been a waste of server space.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:13 am

I didn't feel the need to cite the obvious.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:25 pm

Hang on Trog, it's more complicated than IS and IS NOT. I will make my case.

A lot of what happens here is that some forum members aren't careful readers or cannot correctly interpret what they read. I will show you what I mean. OK? :)

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:29 pm

Here is a post from sbayhills that I want to respond to re: the Cadet Carson thread.

I like you sbayhills, so don't get your hackles up that I am trying to discredit you. I am pointing out that you are wrong regarding this particular issue. It doesn't mean that I don't like you or that I am trying to make you look stupid. I'm not.

sbayhills: Brooke, we've already established his West Point story is false.

You've said it enough that you believe it so. Rational people understand why an 18 year old would believe he was offered a scholarship. My brother states that his son has a full scholarship to Annapolis. That's how it was sold to them. If my brother was a Republican running for President, you'd be calling him a liar.
No, sbayhills, I did not say that. I have been saying the exact opposite. Read through all the posts on the thread if you want to verify what I say is true.

Carson's West Point story was not false. It was absolutely true. Where things go wrong on this forum is that forum members don't read through all the posts and oftentimes put their own incorrect interpretation to what has been said.

For example, there are a couple of references on this forum that state General Westmoreland offered a scholarship to Carson. THAT IS NOT TRUE, NOR DID CARSON SAY THAT. Carson said he attended a dinner with Westmoreland and other Congressional Medal of Honor winners. He said, he was later offered a scholarship to West Point.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Jesus, give it up! :dead horse:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:36 pm

My God.
Don't look at me, I just work here.