Are Locked Threads Killing This Forum?

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
not4u13

Re: Are Locked Threads Killing This Forum?

Post by not4u13 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:40 pm

The single best thing anyone here can do is to NOT respond to personal attacks. If someone posts something you feel is attacking you personally, either ignore the post respond to whatever part of the post is on topic. This isn't a contest or debate where there is a winner. This is a discussion forum. There are no winners and the only losers are those who stoop to making it about them and not the topic.

It's really pretty simple.

JQP is really pretty liberal with allowing threads to drift off topic as long as they don't end up in some long series of personal attach responses.

Wabash, I take your posts as particularly problematic, not so much because of the harsh content, but the speed and frequency with which you respond. Your almost immediate posts can spiral a thread off topic very quickly primarily because there isn't any time for anyone else to chime in to bring something back on topic before there are 10-20 posts from you either defending yourself or attacking someone else (more likely both). The speed you trash a thread is mind numbing. Take a break. Start your own threads. Set yourself a rule. No less than 30 minutes between posts on the same thread. I'd prefer 4 hours where you are concerned, but we have to start somewhere.

As for Brooke. There really isn't any fix for that one.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:00 pm

That's hysterical! ! Keep those jokes coming. You big silly.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:42 pm

Another tip would be to understand that nobody's joking here.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:47 pm

Sure would be nice if you guys could make up your minds.

How am I supposed to know the difference?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:10 pm

Would it help you figure it out if you found yourself no longer able to access the site?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:15 pm

not4u13: As for Brooke. There really isn't any fix for that one.
There you go John, a personal insult.

What keeps me here is to see if those who have opposing opinions can articulate the why of those opinions. I have also been patiently waiting for years for facts and evidence to back the why of those opinions. So far, I haven't seen any of that. All I see is the dust kicked up by PC cowards running away.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:11 pm

Bev's the victim. I get it.

But her second paragraph underscores just how much of a dimwit mentality Bev enjoys. You know what they say about pounded thumbs. :shrug:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

not4u13

Post by not4u13 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:34 pm

Very good Brookie. You can tell a personal insult from a normal post. That's progress. Now, can you start recognizing them when you lob them at others or do I need to continue so you can have more "examples".
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:27 pm

No Parrotpaul, you don't get it. If I thought of myself as a victim I wouldn't be here.

I would ask how you came to the conclusion that it is dimwitted to expect responsible behavior from adults on a public forum, but I won't because it is just another one of your pathetic, illogical, and bitter, face-saving ego ploys to make yourself feel better.
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:37 pm

I have never had a problem identifying insults not4u13; why you would even bring it up is a mystery to me.

Whenever one of your ditzy ideas is challenged you disappear for a time; to recover I assume. Come up with intelligent ideas that you explain and justify with common sense and you won't need to take a sabbatical when your ideas are rejected.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:49 pm

:shrug:

All opposed to voting Brooke off the island speak now or forever hold your peace.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Gosh John, why do you come to the defense of these wimps? If they cannot bear to defend their opinions then what is the point of them being here?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:23 am

John Q. Public wrote::shrug:

All opposed to voting Brooke off the island speak now or forever hold your peace.
I oppose voting her off the island.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Post by crayegg » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:29 am

Snuff the torch.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 am

That's a surprise Wabash - why?

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 am

crayegg, it wasn't that long ago that you said that you like me being here. You even told John the same thing. I was going to keep it to myself, but now you are being mean. So, why did you change your mind? I haven't changed. I still expect folks to defend their opinions, which is a common sense, intelligent way for adults to conduct themselves on a public forum.

Why do you stand on the side of liars and con men? How hard is it to identify evil when you see it?

What do I do that you all dislike so much? I think I am reasonable. I don't expect anything out of anyone that I don't expect from myself or any adult of good character. I don't get it.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:55 pm

I haven't changed.

There's the rub.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:15 pm

What do I do that you all dislike so much? I think I am reasonable. I don't expect anything out of anyone that I don't expect from myself or any adult of good character. I don't get it.

If you all want me banned then at least tell me why? :eh?:

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:23 pm

I don't want you banned, but I think you take yourself as well as this forum and its posters far too seriously. Your expectations are way off and this leads to you being frustrated and lashing out.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Thank you for that RP; what should I expect?