HUCKCHUCKFACTS

Pinky

HUCKCHUCKFACTS

Post by Pinky » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:26 am

Take a gander at this Huckabee political ad. Yes is is an authentic ad, although it might have been produced by Mad TV.

At least this takes the attention away from Ron Paul's pathetic ads.

Fordama

Post by Fordama » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:40 pm

Personally, I think its one of the best political ads I've ever seen!

Fordama

kramer

Post by kramer » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:38 pm

He never elaborated on how Chucky was going to secure the borders.

GOODave

Re: HUCKCHUCKFACTS

Post by GOODave » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:46 pm

Pinky wrote:Take a gander at this Huckabee political ad. Yes is is an authentic ad, although it might have been produced by Mad TV.

At least this takes the attention away from Ron Paul's pathetic ads.
Thanks, Pinky.

One more reason to vote for Mike Huckabee...He clearly doesn't take himself so seriously all the time.

What a great, and refreshing, political ad.

OH, and Kramer: It's a 30 second spot. "Debates" are places to tell how...30 second spots are for telling "what." Think "sound bytes."

dave

No Doubt

Huckabee

Post by No Doubt » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:31 pm

Huckabee supports giving in-state tuition and amnesty to illegal aliens.

GOODave

Re: Huckabee

Post by GOODave » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:20 am

No Doubt wrote:Huckabee supports giving in-state tuition and amnesty to illegal aliens.
Show me

(I thought I'd try a different way of saying "Prove it" in hopes you actually COULD provide information OTHER than your myopic, no-count agenda driven smack-talk)

dave

No Doubt

Post by No Doubt » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:48 am

GOODave wrote:Show me

(I thought I'd try a different way of saying "Prove it" in hopes you actually COULD provide information OTHER than your myopic, no-count agenda driven smack-talk)

dave
Don't you read NEWSWEEK or TIME? Do you watch cable news or the debates? Newspapers? Use the Internet as a news source?

When discussing issues we approach it as though the person we are talking to is a blank slate? A blank slate that can think (sometimes) and type (all the time)? Is that about it?

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:57 am

Hey, No Doubt...have you popped the turkey into the oven yet and mixed up a HUGE Bloody Mary, or do you let the daughters do the cooking like any sane mother would?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:25 pm

No Doubt wrote:
Don't you read NEWSWEEK or TIME? Do you watch cable news or the debates? Newspapers? Use the Internet as a news source?

When discussing issues we approach it as though the person we are talking to is a blank slate? A blank slate that can think (sometimes) and type (all the time)? Is that about it?
So, are you going to show me your evidence or just keep yapping like an unruly lap dog?

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:35 am

Here's evidence that Huckabee likes at least one kind of tax. I wonder if this sort of rhetoric disqualifies Huckabee as a true conservative. He certainly seems to be enthusiastically in favor of taxing tobacco. Is he desperate to raise revenue and thinks loading taxes disproportionally on the pariah vice of smoking will do him the least political harm or is he just another social engineer wielding the club of the nanny state to impose penalties upon a portion of the citizenry acting not to his liking? The tone of his rhetoric has me thinking the latter, but either way I'd say he doesn't sound much like a true conservative.

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:12 am

Chuck Norris says Mike Huckabee wants to put the IRS out of business. Can you believe that after watching Mike Huckabee press for taxes any which way his legislature can make it happen?

Huchabee's plan to secure the border? Two words... Chuck Norris.
kramer wrote:He never elaborated on how Chucky was going to secure the borders.
Oh but yes, Chuck will keep our borders safe with his Chin o'Fists.
Huckabee said:
Chuck Norris doesn't endorse, he tells America how it's gun'na be...
I have to admit that I never thought anyone could be less convincing in delivering tough guy bluster than George W Bush; I was wrong.

Mrs. Kravitz

Post by Mrs. Kravitz » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:25 am

No Doubt wrote:

That's not "show me" . . . that's just jabbering. [-X

Provide a link please. I'd be interested in reading up on this.

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:35 am

Mrs. Kravitz wrote:...Provide a link please. I'd be interested in reading up on this.
I don't agree with Huckabee on much but I almost agree with him on amnesty and in-state tuition. The difference is that I'd also grant amnesty to the parents. Here's is the link you request: Huckabee speaking on the issue.

How is this guy a true conservative?

No Doubt

Post by No Doubt » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:18 pm

Pinky wrote: I don't agree with Huckabee on much but I almost agree with him on amnesty and in-state tuition. The difference is that I'd also grant amnesty to the parents. Here's is the link you request: Huckabee speaking on the issue.

How is this guy a true conservative?
I don't know, but why would you want to grant amnesty and in-state tuition to illegals? Don't you think the USA is crowded enough as it is? What about the drought? Have we enough water for all the millions of relatives that will follow should you get your way?

Isn't there enough traffic for you already? Why would you want to add more? What about our natural resources? Do you want to lower the standards in our schools even further? Shut down more hospitals? See more citizens killed and maimed on our highways? Don't you think we have enough problems in our country without adding criminal foreign nationals in that don't belong here?

Don't you think American kids have enough competition trying to get into universities as it is without adding illegal aliens to the mix? That would be a bloody outrage if I thought I lost a place in my favorite pick of colleges to an illegal. Don't you have any sense of fair play, ownership or patriotism? Do you really think that illegal aliens should be put on the same plane as American citizens? Do you think that citizenship is meaningless and should be scrapped?

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:43 pm

No Doubt wrote:...
I don't know, but why would you...

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

...Do you think that citizenship is meaningless and should be scrapped?
Yes.

Sense of Ownership? I've always suspected that your having a notion of you owning the United States is a root of your ultra-nationalism. You're here as an accident of birth, just like most of us. You are a tourist like every one else, but with the not so exceptional trait of having not had to expend any effort or take any risks to get here. Although you can't otherwise be differentiated from two hundred million other middle class Americans you have an aristocrat's opinion of your own self importance and seem to think America is your own personal silver spoon.

What part of the United States do you own?

And by the way, you're free to leave.

Thanks.

No Doubt

Post by No Doubt » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:24 pm

Pinky wrote: Yes.

Sense of Ownership? I've always suspected that your having a notion of you owning the United States is a root of your ultra-nationalism. You're here as an accident of birth, just like most of us. You are a tourist like every one else, but with the not so exceptional trait of having not had to expend any effort or take any risks to get here. Although you can't otherwise be differentiated from two hundred million other middle class Americans you have an aristocrat's opinion of your own self importance and seem to think America is your own personal silver spoon.

What part of the United States do you own?

And by the way, you're free to leave.

Thanks.
What an attitude Pinky and you are so wrong, which isn't a surprise considering you are willing to ruin the entire country and the American way of life for future generations forever by giving amnesty to illegal aliens and millions of their relatives.

What a perfect way to turn the USA into a third world country in the blink of an eye. Haven't you figured out that the United States isn't the world's babysitter yet? Do you think by letting millions of people pour across the borders that you are offering them the American Dream? Is that your intention?

The United States would be far better off without you because you have no idea what your responsibilities are as a citizen. As citizens of the greatest country in the world we have an obligation to the founders and to all who came before us that worked so hard to make the USA what it is today to maintain it for ourselves and future generations that will follow.

Give you the reins and it would be unrecognizable with only the very rich and the poverty stricken. You really need to grasp reality and figure out what the consequences of your actions would be.

Here's a clue. We must make sure that our leaders follow policies that are in the best interests of the country and its citizens. Right now, that isn't happening.

No Doubt

Post by No Doubt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:28 am

Check this out Pinky. The statement below is what people in Sioux City responded to with the most applause at a campaign rally held by Fred Thompson this week.

"How long has it been since we put a man on the moon? Yet we cannot secure our own border," he said, addressing a 150-strong, all-white audience.

"This is our home. And we collectively get to decide who comes into our home."

Now do you get it?

Pinky

Post by Pinky » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:56 pm

No Doubt wrote:...Now do you get it?
I get that you think you somehow own in some manner all or part the United States. It appears that Fred Thompson thinks it benefits his political campaign to pander to such a notion. I get, and it is not news to me, that ultra-nationalism plays well in the Republican party. But I digress...

Again, you are here as an accident of birth. You have been arbitrarily placed in the general circumstances of your existence and you are only very limitedly responsible for anything you think you have, and then certainly only those things that you have that are of a very personal nature. You are deluded in thinking that what constitutes society belongs to you, or anyone else. You think you own a culture, own a language, own a set of liberties, own an expanse of land and own a contract signed more than two hundred years ago by men who didn't have you, or anyone in particular, in mind when they set about securing their own freedoms and liberties. The men who signed our constitution did not do so with any notion that they where establishing any sort of right of ownership to the benefits and liberties it secured, limited or otherwise (not withstanding their failure to secure the liberties of slaves). Nevertheless, they fully hoped that such benefits would pass down to posterity without regard to kin, heritage, origin or time. Your claim of ownership over this has no justification. You desecrate the hopes and ideals of the men who found this country.

Your claims to ownership only serve to assist you to feel good about yourself so that you won't have to face the ugly truth that drives your ultra-nationalism. You are amoral, weak and driven by a fear for your own personal physical well being. You know the fat that America represents to you is not of your own doing so you fret that it may be taken, and so, like a fearful and anxious stray dog, you act to hoard every morsel. Fear for your own personal physical well being is the primordial drive behind your ultra-nationalism.

No Doubt

Post by No Doubt » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:12 pm

Pinky wrote: I get that you think you somehow own in some manner all or part the United States. It appears that Fred Thompson thinks it benefits his political campaign to pander to such a notion. I get, and it is not news to me, that ultra-nationalism plays well in the Republican party. But I digress...

Again, you are here as an accident of birth. You have been arbitrarily placed in the general circumstances of your existence and you are only very limitedly responsible for anything you think you have, and then certainly only those things that you have that are of a very personal nature. You are deluded in thinking that what constitutes society belongs to you, or anyone else. You think you own a culture, own a language, own a set of liberties, own an expanse of land and own a contract signed more than two hundred years ago by men who didn't have you, or anyone in particular, in mind when they set about securing their own freedoms and liberties. The men who signed our constitution did not do so with any notion that they where establishing any sort of right of ownership to the benefits and liberties it secured, limited or otherwise (not withstanding their failure to secure the liberties of slaves). Nevertheless, they fully hoped that such benefits would pass down to posterity without regard to kin, heritage, origin or time. Your claim of ownership over this has no justification. You desecrate the hopes and ideals of the men who found this country.

Your claims to ownership only serve to assist you to feel good about yourself so that you won't have to face the ugly truth that drives your ultra-nationalism. You are amoral, weak and driven by a fear for your own personal physical well being. You know the fat that America represents to you is not of your own doing so you fret that it may be taken, and so, like a fearful and anxious stray dog, you act to hoard every morsel. Fear for your own personal physical well being is the primordial drive behind your ultra-nationalism.
Interesting that you pounced on the ownership thing and are using it to further your irrational argument. First of all, by sense of ownership I meant ownership as a belonging to and accepting the obligation of maintaining that which we inherited.

You do accept the fact that human beings come from groups, places, families, races, etc., don't you? Do you respect a native American's right to feel pride in their culture, where they come from, their ancestors, and place in history?

How about African-Americans? Do you respect their right to feel pride in their heritage, culture, etc.?

Do you accept and respect the right of Mexicans to be proud of their culture, heritage and country?

What about Germans or Italians?

kramer

Post by kramer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Pinky wrote: it is not news to me, that ultra-nationalism plays well in the Republican party. But I digress...
Over 70% of NY Voters were against giving illegals drivers licenses which means there are quite a few dems against this idea. About 25% of voters said they would vote for Spitzer after this scheme broke compared with him getting about 69% of voters in last years election.
Prop 187 was supported by 50% of blacks and Asians and about 30% of Hispanics.

My point is, to portray being anti-illegal immigration as a republican only issue is wrong.

Kramer