Best Concert You've Ever Been To

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Wed May 25, 2011 3:30 pm

slowyoroll wrote:Awesome story..who are the Celtic Women?

http://www.celticwoman.com/
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
oceanvue
Posts: 5928
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by oceanvue » Wed May 25, 2011 3:48 pm

which one is Larry Bird's wife?
Image

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by Notorious » Wed May 25, 2011 5:18 pm

SoMelo wrote: :eh?: was your mom even born then?
How is that relevant at all?
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by SoMelo » Thu May 26, 2011 5:14 am

Notorious wrote: How is that relevant at all?
True.. I saw a TV special regarding you people the other day.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:54 am

slowyoroll wrote:
:ROFL: :ROFL: I can't wait to see Daniel Tosh at the Honda Center
in August..THAT is gonna rock..
Bump for this Sunday :thumbsup:

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by AndUR?? » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:57 am

\:D/
Jr is going to Daniel Tosh too!
Somehow...Mom got hosed out of the situation :thumbsdown:
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:04 am

I was suppose to can't now.. :thumbsdown:
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

joefutbol
Posts: 5173
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by joefutbol » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:06 am

Is there a mother hosing event I should be made aware of?

User avatar
AndUR??
Posts: 2280
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by AndUR?? » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:11 am

slowyoroll wrote:I was suppose to can't now.. :thumbsdown:
Ya....a bit bummed to be cut of the deal.
But we all agreed that me going with Jr and having seats pretty close up to the stage would not be the best idea.
Your are one opinion away from being replaced.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

Then I'll let you know how it was....

I got tickets to see Anjelah Johnson in December

joefutbol
Posts: 5173
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by joefutbol » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:03 pm

SoMelo wrote:Then I'll let you know how it was....

I got tickets to see Anjelah Johnson in December
She's........ nice.

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:05 pm

joefutbol wrote:
She's........ nice.
She's funny

joefutbol
Posts: 5173
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:28 am
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by joefutbol » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:37 pm

SoMelo wrote:
She's funny[/quote]

I usually don't pay attention to what she says. :wink:

crayegg
Oversight Committee
Posts: 4147
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by crayegg » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

I saw Daniel Tosh's stand up show on Comedy Central. Was not impressed.

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by Charles » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 pm

slowyoroll wrote:Diana Ross
Prince
Rod Stewart
LL Cool J
Beastie Boys
The best concerts I've been to have been at small venues. I saw Bill Bruford (the drummer for Yes and his own jazz band) at the Roxy. Also saw Steve Hackett (ex Genesis lead guitar) there.

At big places, Jethro Tull at Long Beach, Genesis (without Gabriel though) at the Forum, Black Sabbath at Long Beach, the Rolling Stones at the Mammoth Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Jean-Luc Ponty at the Santa Monica Civic (another medium sized place).

Saw The Who and Yes seperately at the LA Sports Arena and Rush at the Forum. The Who was so loud my ears were ringing for days.
The Cult at Universal (enclosed) was so loud that I actually wussed out and put in earplugs. I saw Peter Gabriel at Universal too but he didn't blow my ears out.

First punk concert (if you call them concerts) were the Adolescents and the Ramones at Perkins Palace in Pasadena and later DK at Florentine Gardens.

Used to slam to Black Flag and Fear at Devonshire Downs in Northridge when I was a student there in the early 1980s.

User avatar
~44~
Posts: 3305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:54 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by ~44~ » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Charles wrote:
The best concerts I've been to have been at small venues. I saw Bill Bruford (the drummer for Yes and his own jazz band) at the Roxy. Also saw Steve Hackett (ex Genesis lead guitar) there.

At big places, Jethro Tull at Long Beach, Genesis (without Gabriel though) at the Forum, Black Sabbath at Long Beach, the Rolling Stones at the Mammoth Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and Jean-Luc Ponty at the Santa Monica Civic (another medium sized place).

Saw The Who and Yes seperately at the LA Sports Arena and Rush at the Forum. The Who was so loud my ears were ringing for days.
The Cult at Universal (enclosed) was so loud that I actually wussed out and put in earplugs. I saw Peter Gabriel at Universal too but he didn't blow my ears out.

First punk concert (if you call them concerts) were the Adolescents and the Ramones at Perkins Palace in Pasadena and later DK at Florentine Gardens.

Used to slam to Black Flag and Fear at Devonshire Downs in Northridge when I was a student there in the early 1980s.
RIP North Campus Stadium
Hi

slowyoroll
Posts: 13235
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:53 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by slowyoroll » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Luther Vandross
Patty Labelle..
L.L. Cool J..3 times same tour..good stuff
Jill Scott
"IF YOU'RE NOT RICH, IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB DON'T BLAME WALL STREET BLAME YOURSELF!"

HERMAN CAIN

IDIOT

Charles
Posts: 809
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by Charles » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:49 pm

~44~ wrote:
RIP North Campus Stadium
You can have a lot of fun with Historic Aerials:

http://www.historicaerials.com/aerials. ... &year=1959

CSUN 1959 on the left and 2005 on the right. Move the slider to compare.
csun1959_2005.JPG

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by Notorious » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Saw Taylor Swift recently.


It was bomb. I wore glitter for it.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
SoMelo
Posts: 12322
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: Best Concert You've Ever Been To

Post by SoMelo » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:50 pm

Notorious wrote:Saw Taylor Swift recently.


It was bomb. I wore glitter for it.
I bet you looked pretty

Post Reply