With all due respect Mr. President……

Bobby G.

With all due respect Mr. President……

Post by Bobby G. » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:34 am

…that is not true.

In 2009, two-hundred of the better known economist tried to stop the Obama train wreck.

http://www.cato.org/special/stimulus09/ ... imulus.pdf

He did not listen.

Bobby G.

tLIB

Re: With all due respect Mr. President……

Post by tLIB » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:51 am

The Cato Libertarian think tank has a habit of attacking Presidents. Here is what they said about the "conservative" Bush: "Conservative" Bush Spends More than "Liberal" Presidents Clinton, Carter...

http://www.cato.org/publications/commen ... ton-carter

Gadflies are important. I think most Americans expected Obama to be liberal, but it gets discouraging when you can't trust Republicans.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:26 pm

tLIB wrote:The Cato Libertarian think tank has a habit of attacking Presidents. Here is what they said about the "conservative" Bush: "Conservative" Bush Spends More than "Liberal" Presidents Clinton, Carter...
...Conservatives have been saying that for years, though... so, if anything, your find here only supports the validity of what Bobby G. posted.

Red

Post by Red » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:28 pm

Bobby G. wrote:…that is not true.

In 2009, two-hundred of the better known economist tried to stop the Obama train wreck.

He did not listen.

Bobby G.
You don't understand Bobby, Obama's marxist economists know better.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

tLIB

Post by tLIB » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:23 pm

GOODave wrote: ...Conservatives have been saying that for years, though... so, if anything, your find here only supports the validity of what Bobby G. posted.
Indeed, and they say similar things about Romney. Both are horrible candidates and there is little difference between the two. The good thing about the Cato Institute, unlike the Heritage Foundation, is that they don't just jump on the bandwagon because a candidate has an R after their name.

Bobby's pick in the Cato Institute article has more sway, IMO, than one form Fox or Hermitage.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:08 am

He did not listen.

Bobby G.
Wasn't CATO the Green Hornet's sidekick? Since when did he become an expert on economic policy?
Kato.jpg
Kato.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 400 times
All kidding aside, I'll actually bother to care what the CATO Institute has to say about anything when they give up their non-profit status. Until then it's just another partisan conservative organization pushing failed policies.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Bobby G.

Post by Bobby G. » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:42 am

Wabash wrote:Wasn't CATO the Green Hornet's sidekick? Since when did he become an expert on economic policy?

All kidding aside, I'll actually bother to care what the CATO Institute has to say about anything when they give up their non-profit status. Until then it's just another partisan conservative organization pushing failed policies.
I guess you're right.

You're way smarter than those guys.

Sorry

Bobby G.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:59 am

Wabash wrote:I'll actually bother to care what the CATO Institute has to say about anything when they give up their non-profit status. Until then it's just another partisan conservative organization pushing failed policies.
So if they "give up their non-profit status" and start making money, they will no longer be "another partisan conservative organization" and you'll start to "care" about what they have to say?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:59 am

Bobby G. wrote: I guess you're right.

You're way smarter than those guys.

Sorry

Bobby G.
You might be right. When I read publications by the CATO Institute I always ask if they show an example of where a society or a nation has embraced their ideal of what government should be and are the citizens of that nation better off than we are here in America.

I've yet to find that example. But if you have one, I'll gladly consider it.

BTW, there are numerous economists who believe the Stimulus should have been larger. More importantly, a full third of the Stimulus was the embracing of a conservative tenet, that being tax cuts.
Last edited by Wabash on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 am

MDDad wrote: So if they "give up their non-profit status" and start making money, they will no longer be "another partisan conservative organization" and you'll start to "care" about what they have to say? That's pretty twisted logic, even for you.
See response to Bobby G.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 am

Wabash wrote: See response to Bobby G.
I did. It doesn't answer my question.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 am

He did not listen.
Probably because there was an equal, if not greater, number of economists saying the opposite.
"There is no disagreement that we need action by our government,
a recovery plan that will help to jumpstart the economy."
The key word being "jumpstart." You remove the cables once the car starts.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 am

John Q. Public wrote: Probably because there was an equal, if not greater, number of economists saying the opposite.
"There is no disagreement that we need action by our government,
a recovery plan that will help to jumpstart the economy."
The key word being "jumpstart." You remove the cables once the car starts.
Exactamundo. The economic policy of FDR and Reagan both show that action works. One spends likes there's no tomorrow until the economy starts to recover, then austerity measures should be applied. It worked for FDR (New Deal and WW II) and Reagan.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:21 am

MDDad wrote: I did. It doesn't answer my question.
They might still be another partisan organization and I would ask the same questions of their policies.

As you know I don't approve of non-profits for any purposes. At the very least I don't believe charitable contributions should be tax deductible.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:06 am

John Q. Public wrote: The key word being "jumpstart." You remove the cables once the car starts.
And when the engine fails to start after a couple of times, you should look for other possible problems, such as too many leaks in the fuel line (over taxation) and too much resistance in the electrical system (over regulating.)
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:53 am

Troglodyte wrote:And when the engine fails to start after a couple of times, you should look for other possible problems, such as too many leaks in the fuel line (over taxation) and too much resistance in the electrical system (over regulating.)
But when you know that taxes had gone down and regulations hadn't changed and the 6-volt battery your Republican friends gave you got it to sputter a little, odds are pretty good that an actual 12-volt car battery will do the trick.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Troglodyte wrote: And when the engine fails to start after a couple of times, you should look for other possible problems, such as too many leaks in the fuel line (over taxation) and too much resistance in the electrical system (over regulating.)
Those are two pretty good analogies, Trog. A third one would be a clueless driver sticking the ignition key in the cigarette lighter.

Red

Post by Red » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 pm

MDDad wrote: Those are two pretty good analogies, Trog. A third one would be a clueless driver sticking the ignition key in the cigarette lighter.
Obama sticks his cigarette in the ignition.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Brooke

Post by Brooke » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:57 pm

Red wrote:
Obama sticks his cigarette in the ignition.
ROFL
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:17 pm

John Q. Public wrote: But when you know that taxes had gone down and regulations hadn't changed and the 6-volt battery your Republican friends gave you got it to sputter a little, odds are pretty good that an actual 12-volt car battery will do the trick.
Only proving that conservatives are unaware of current tax policy and still cling to the belief that tax cuts creates jobs. Something that has been shown not to work.