Ann Romney: 'We've Given 'All You People Need To Know'

MDDad

Re: Ann Romney: 'We've Given 'All You People Need To Know'

Post by MDDad » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:29 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:
Unless of course such a person did in fact have a right to defend his home and property against multiple assailants. That seems perfectly logical to me.
Please. A guy blasting away with an automatic rifle against "multiple assailants" invading his home and property is a fictional scenario straight out of a cartoon . . . or a Die Hard movie. It makes almost as much rational sense to stockpile Acme anvils in case one's home and property are assailed by Wiley Coyote.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm

AsIfYouKnew wrote:Unless of course such a person did in fact have a right to defend his home and property against multiple assailants. That seems perfectly logical to me.
Why not a machine gun or grenade launcher? Personally, I keep a flame thrower handy for those pesky hordes of home invaders. Nothing says "go away" like setting the house on fire.

Seriously AIYK, would you not feel completely safe with a 12 gauge loaded with 00 buckshot?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Hell loading a shotgun shell with a slide in a dark room should be about all you need to bring an invader to his/her knees....if the perp is smart.

What's so fearsome about Rancho Santa Margarita, California home of Dove Canyon and the shopping Mecca for the ditzy OC Housewives....is it like the "crimeville" of south OC planned communities?
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

AsIfYouKnew

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Safe room?
Behind me. :D
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:55 pm

MDDad wrote: An automatic or semi-automatic assault rifle has no other function than to kill. Not rats, or termites, or pit bulls, or even runaway rogue circus elephants. Their only purpose is to kill people, and there is no reason any American, unless he is a member of the military or a police force, should have the rights or means to possess one.
Guess you never heard of the second amendment, or the right of self defense.. I usually keep my Mini 14, hunting rifles, and pistols in my gun safe, and loaded handgun in my bedside table. Now if I still lived in NYC, Chicago, or Miami they all would be loaded and handy. If even one person was carrying in that Aurora and was combat trained there would never have been the number of victems reported. The anti=gun nuts are real quick to point out the number of illegal uses of fire arms, but hush up the number of times a gun was used in self defense. If only cops and criminals had guns, we would be caught in the crossfire.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:59 pm

SoMelo wrote:Why would a civilian ever need armor pierceing bullets?
You might want to ask the citizens of Syria that question, or the people in Miami. ..

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Trog...why would you need all that firepower...what in hell are you worried about, and why are you so worried...you sound like a textbook paranoic. Your melodramas are always hilarious.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:Trog...why would you need all that firepower...what in hell are you worried about, and why are you so worried...you sound like a textbook paranoic. Your melodramas are always hilarious.
I was born and raised in Bedsty Brooklyn, and spent a lot of my life in "glamorous" parts of the world. I'm sure living in most of OC gives a body a false sense of security..
I wonder just how hilarious you would be when you hear glass breaking at 2am and only a golf club to defend yourself..
Last edited by Troglodyte on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:09 pm

I personally believe you just like the Internet swagger of a tough-ass. Probably some two-bit accountant from Laguna Niguel in real life. You watch too many class B flics.

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:14 pm

Parrotpaul wrote:I personally believe you just like the Internet swagger of a tough-ass. Probably some two-bit accountant from Laguna Niguel in real life. You watch too many class B flics.
ROFL Was that a slur, Paul??? I've got the Tshirts and the scars.. Or were you describing yourself..
Living life is quite different than hiding behind a desk trying to outstare a 14 year old..

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 pm

Troglodyte wrote:If even one person was carrying in that Aurora and was combat trained there would never have been the number of victems reported.
Or there might have been more victims.

Thanks for the hypothetical.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Troglodyte wrote:Guess you never heard of the second amendment, or the right of self defense.. I usually keep my Mini 14, hunting rifles, and pistols in my gun safe, and loaded handgun in my bedside table.
Wimp guns. I keep my Ma Deuce next to the LAWS rocket at arms length at all times. I never go anywhere without my vintage FN assault rifle low slung over my shoulder. Trends come and go, the classics endure.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:56 am

Back on topic.

Perhaps Ann can continue to be the messenger on the non-releasing of tax returns. After all, the “We’ve ‘given all you people need to know’” response has worked so well for them.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:07 am

Troglodyte wrote: I've got the Tshirts and the scars...
Show some pics.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:18 am

Troglodyte wrote: ROFL Was that a slur, Paul??? I've got the Tshirts and the scars.. Or were you describing yourself..
Living life is quite different than hiding behind a desk trying to outstare a 14 year old..
Sure you do. I doubt that is the case.

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:23 am

Romney crowd must be getting a little giddy... economy in swing states favors Obama...maybe a release of some financial stuff might take off some of the heat.....maybe not.

GOODave

Post by GOODave » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:07 am

MDDad wrote: Sorry Dave, but this is where my split with most conservatives is like the Grand Canyon.

Knives have more primary functions than killing people. You mentioned Sizzler, and that certainly provides one example. Cars have more primary functions than killing people. So do 120-volt wiring, swimming pools, ladders, ropes, sleeping pills, motorcycles, Drano, bathtubs, baseball bats and a thousand other items that sometimes kill people.

An automatic or semi-automatic assault rifle has no other function than to kill. Not rats, or termites, or pit bulls, or even runaway rogue circus elephants. Their only purpose is to kill people, and there is no reason any American, unless he is a member of the military or a police force, should have the rights or means to possess one.
I am not entirely disagreeing with your assessment, MDDad.

I will, however, point out that part of the discussion was about "legal handguns" and not necessarily about automatic or even semi-automatic assault rifles. In fact, I do not see any need for an average citizen to own an assault rile but that's a personal preference and I do realize there are "collectors" out there who feel driven to possess one or two. That said, however, it seems to me a reasonable solution would be to 1) ban fully automatic assault rifles for "regular" citizens (allow for military and LEO, etc), and 2) Limit or ban certain rapid-load clips/magazines and certain kinds of ammunition.

I don't think you split all that mightily with most conservatives.

Notorious

Post by Notorious » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:13 am

Troglodyte wrote: Guess you never heard of the second amendment, or the right of self defense.. I usually keep my Mini 14, hunting rifles, and pistols in my gun safe, and loaded handgun in my bedside table. Now if I still lived in NYC, Chicago, or Miami they all would be loaded and handy. If even one person was carrying in that Aurora and was combat trained there would never have been the number of victems reported. The anti=gun nuts are real quick to point out the number of illegal uses of fire arms, but hush up the number of times a gun was used in self defense. If only cops and criminals had guns, we would be caught in the crossfire.
Honestly if anyone in there had a gun they most likely would have worsened the situation. it was sheer chaos in there, no one knew where the bullets were coming from.

I don't think we need more gun laws but I don't think we need less either.
Last edited by Notorious on Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Parrotpaul

Post by Parrotpaul » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:23 am

Troglodyte

Post by Troglodyte » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:57 am

Parrotpaul wrote: Show some pics.
Senhd me your Email address.. I'm not about to put it on the open board..
Show mw your's and I'll show you mine...