You're wrong, Moderator

Members only. No guests or bots allowed.
User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 am

There is a bunch of malcontents who will not be content until they get tossed..they have been, are, and will continue to conspire together to make this the most miserable place on the Internet for anyone to come to post. Aside from all the bogus calls for fairness these folks arrive in their usual group and unleash the stuff that has driven most people away...pull the frigging trigger...someone, puleese....enough is enough....the board needs significant change...if it is me..so be it...I'll take the hit...I was the one who recruited most of the old board to come here. Big mistake in retrospect.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19537
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 am

Parrotpaul wrote:There is a bunch of malcontents who will not be content until they get tossed..they have been, are, and will continue to conspire together to make this the most miserable place on the Internet for anyone to come to post. Aside from all the bogus calls for fairness these folks arrive in their usual group and unleash the stuff that has driven most people away...pull the frigging trigger...someone, puleese....enough is enough....the board needs significant change...
I'm very close to that.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:31 am

Parrotpaul wrote:There is a bunch of malcontents who will not be content until they get tossed..they have been, are, and will continue to conspire together to make this the most miserable place on the Internet for anyone to come to post. Aside from all the bogus calls for fairness these folks arrive in their usual group and unleash the stuff that has driven most people away...pull the frigging trigger...someone, puleese....enough is enough....the board needs significant change...
John Q. Public wrote:I'm very close to that.
But, of course, some of these tr... er, "malcontents"... will survive your purge unscathed, right?

I assume that would be the very ones who tend to agree with your political ideologies, but pull that sycophantic "who, ME?" crap with you guys.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:38 am

John Q. Public wrote: Unfortunately for the board, your choir believes you when you say that. The mods don't. We have copies of your warnings. Most have the quote of what you were warned for, some don't and some only have comments from an exasperated mod - mostly me.

I consider those to be private communications between the mods and you. I'm a very principled person and It isn't something I would ordinarily do, but when I see you trying to destroy the board with your false claims, I'm very tempted to post the list publicly.
YOU created this forum for this kind of thing: So denizens can lodge their complaints but not have it available to the general browsing public.

SO, you get some feedback you don't want (I do not believe you would not have foreseen it), and suddenly you're going postal on me?

I am not trying to "destroy the board with [my] false claims." You may well consider them "false" but they are real and valid to me and others who have suffered at your moderator's hands (both here and in the previous community that is, now, no longer available). People have left, and I understand your preference to believe they've left because of me or other conservatives... but you've got blinders on: As I told your "moderator," you don't respect me so you don't heed any of my complaints... but your acceptance of them does not invalidate them: It only renders communicating them to you pointless ... which makes THIS forum a vent (as VP recently said in another thread in this forum).

If you are a "very principled person," let's see you put some of that integrity to work for ALL of us ... and not just for the parrotpauls and the wabash's and the OBs who trot up to your "defense" in this community.

Fact is, you and VP spend an inordinate amount of time in this forum if you're truly not interested in the complaints and'or don't believe them valid. It is possible that I'm wrong .... but it is also possible you're wrong as well. I have considered the possibility, it has been my observation you have not.

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19537
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 am

GOODave wrote: YOU created this forum for this kind of thing: So denizens can lodge their complaints but not have it available to the general browsing public.
That I did. However, I didn't create it for people to tell outright lies about the mods and myself. That right there is enough to make me ponder banning you, and maybe 2 others, permanently. You'll know my decision later today.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Troglodyte
Posts: 16607
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:33 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Troglodyte » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:05 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
Most people have no difficulty heeding warnings.



You do know that when your posts are "deleted' they are put in the "Recycle Bin" where the mods can see them?



Are you claiming that I manufacture posts to warn you about?
This is a perfect example of the way you purposely misconstrue what has been written, and turn it into an attack on whichever poster has the termerity to question your actions, or dares to challenge one of your posts. You know damned well what Dave was saying.. You are the kind of person no one should ever give any authority to.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

User avatar
Parrotpaul
Posts: 33550
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:14 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Parrotpaul » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Troglodyte wrote: You are the kind of person no one should ever give any authority to.
Why not? That's a pretty damning thing to say to anyone...why VP? I for one like what he has brought to the board...poster accountabilty. Sorry, Trog, we don't want to continue to have this site as one of those bowels of the earth haunts you so love to wear like badges...the tough guy stuff is for comic book lovers.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24363
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Wabash » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Parrotpaul wrote: Why not? That's a pretty damning thing to say to anyone...why VP? I for one like what he has brought to the board...poster accountabilty. Sorry, Trog, we don't want to continue to have this site as one of those bowels of the earth haunts you so love to wear like badges...the tough guy stuff is for comic book lovers.
Since when has Trog been perceived as a tough guy? What would I care? It's a message board.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:57 pm

John Q. Public wrote: That I did. However, I didn't create it for people to tell outright lies about the mods and myself. That right there is enough to make me ponder banning you, and maybe 2 others, permanently. You'll know my decision later today.
It is not a lie. I have related my opinions about the moderators behaviors from my observations. Of course, I can't read minds (as VP always reminds me when he doesn't want to read what I've got to say). I observe human behavior and his is, so far, reprehensible.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:12 pm

GOODave wrote:I am not trying to "destroy the board with [my] false claims."
What are you trying to do with your false claims?
You may well consider them "false" but they are real and valid to me and others who have suffered at your moderator's hands (both here and in the previous community that is, now, no longer available).
1. I consider a lot of your claims false because they're not true, unreal, imaginary...for example, you are fond of claiming that I "followed" you here or "stalked" you here to "get" you. The truth is, I came here because of a complaint about you, but I can understand why it wouldn't do you much good to repeat that as often as possible, so you lie and make claims designed to make me look bad.

2. Suffered? Isn't that a little melodramatic, even for you?
Fact is, you and VP spend an inordinate amount of time in this forum if you're truly not interested in the complaints and'or don't believe them valid.
So people should just remain silent when you trash them? Why?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

User avatar
GOODave
Posts: 26392
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:21 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by GOODave » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Vilepagan wrote:...for example, you are fond of claiming that I "followed" you here or "stalked" you here to "get" you. The truth is, I came here because of a complaint about you, but I can understand why it wouldn't do you much good to repeat that as often as possible, so you lie and make claims designed to make me look bad.
You came here because "butterfly" found me on allforums.net and approached you about helping [him] get me out of OCConnect. The following week, you showed up here under a different name and, then, after about a month or so, you switched your OCConnect screen name to match your allforums.net screen name.

The "complaint about [me}" came AFTER you told butterfly to PM you because you hesitate to discuss getting rid of a poster there in public, like that.

BTW, I kept that exchange between the two of you because I knew even then you could not be trusted.

User avatar
Vilepagan
Posts: 12525
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:07 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Vilepagan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:26 pm

GOODave wrote:You came here because "butterfly" found me on allforums.net and approached you about helping [him] get me out of OCConnect. The following week, you showed up here under a different name and, then, after about a month or so, you switched your OCConnect screen name to match your allforums.net screen name.
Yes. Like I said, I came here because of a complaint about you. Your conduct actually drove someone to go to another forum looking for help. Congratulations.
BTW, I kept that exchange between the two of you because I knew even then you could not be trusted.
And you don't post it because?
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Heywould
Posts: 1443
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Heywould » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Vilepagan wrote:
Yes. Like I said, I came here because of a complaint about you. Your conduct actually drove someone to go to another forum looking for help. Congratulations.



And you don't post it because?
Oh VP to the rescue, thank god for VP, what would all of us do without you here? Dave would have just run roughshod over us without you. Thanks again for saving us....
If I Had a Dollar for Every Time Capitalism was Blamed for Problems Caused by Government I'd Be a Fat Filmmaker with a Baseball Cap

User avatar
John Q. Public
Site Admin
Posts: 19537
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:00 pm

I've been concerned for some time about what I can only call the paranoia that's developed among our Conservatives. I've noticed the boycotts (although some of us prefer the word "respites"), the complaints that have read almost like form letters, the lack of substantiation for any of them and the lack of reports for any of the perceived offenses by Liberals that are so often mentioned but never cited. All this has led me to believe that there has been a private conversation, based on something other than the truth, going on behind the scenes that has somehow gotten people convinced that the mods have it in for all Conservatives - even the ones who've never had a warning or even had a post deleted.

Dave doesn't like Vilepagan and he'd like nothing better than to get rid of him. That's obvious. His post on the previous page pointed out to me that he apparently hasn't let the truth get in the way of his quest. For that reason, he's being banned permanently. And he'll be accompanied by Heywould.

Victory dancers will receive warnings and/or suspensions.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Notorious » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:21 pm

Bummer.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

User avatar
Wabash
Posts: 24363
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:29 am
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Wabash » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:54 pm

No victory dance here.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW
Posts: 6001
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:11 pm

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by RPW » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:11 am

Sorry to keep this going but.... you're wrong, Moderator.
I am The Voice of Reason

User avatar
Brooke
Posts: 21580
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:51 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Brooke » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:30 pm

Here is an example of how rude Vilepagan is from the 46 million Americans thread if anyone wants to read through it.

Brooke wrote:
What an odd statement. My arguments are much more complex than yours right down the line.

Vilepagan wrote:
:roll:

Brooke wrote:
I have listed a myriad of reasons why China cannot be trusted, but you refuse to acknowledge them.

Vilepagan wrote:
Because your argument is shallow, and one-sided.

Brooke wrote:
Most people use past history as a basis for present and future behavior, especially when it doesn't change.

Vilepagan wrote:
I don't believe you are familiar with the history of U.S.-China relations, nor how it might affect our relations today.

Brooke wrote:
Your tone indicates that you mightily disapprove that I express my thoughts regarding China's expected behavior. I find that peculiar. Why would you object? This is a public forum that is expressly set up to discuss a gamut of topics. Is speculating on future actions taboo for some reason? If so, why? I don't understand the logic of that at all.

Vilepagan wrote:
Because trying to discuss any topic with you is about as pleasant as diving head first into a pool of warm pus.

Brooke wrote:
There is no doubt your condescending tone just stepped up a notch.

Vilepagan wrote:
How very observant of you.

Brooke wrote:
Where does that come from? Do let me know the answer will you? I want to see if my theory is even close to what you have to say.

Vilepagan wrote:
I'm sure your "theory" is as reliable as your conclusions based on false premises. I treat you with condescension because it's either that or treat you with contempt, and I'm much more likely to break the rules here if I express my contempt.

Brooke wrote:
The best reason that I can think of right off the top of my head is that communist regimes, including the Chinese have murdered millions of their own people. I don't think Americans would feel safe in a world dominated by China as a superpower. Especially given their shameless behavior regarding U.S./China economic issues thus far.

A shift in global power is a very serious issue for everyone on the planet.

Vilepagan wrote:
Ok, you believe that Americans would feel "unsafe" living in a world with a Chinese superpower...how do you propose we keep that from happening?

Also, you pointed out, quite correctly IMO, that "A shift in global power is a very serious issue for everyone on the planet.", so I presume that you mean the Chinese have rights too...like "feeling safe".

Given your knowledge of the history of Sino-American relations over the past 100 years, do you think the Chinese "feel safe" in a world dominated by the U.S.?

You are right when you say that a shift in global power is a major concern, but as I wrote earlier, the Chinese will become a superpower whether we like it or not, and IMO our concern should be focused on how we can live with that fact, not how we can try to prevent it from happening.

_________________
Who in their right mind uses a welcome sign to mean people who would come into their home uninvited, paid by their neighbors who are using their illegal labor, overrun the neighborhood, and refuse to leave?

User avatar
AsIfYouKnew
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:01 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by AsIfYouKnew » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:02 pm

yep. it would seem to me that vp was not being his best mod self in that post.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.
Jonathan Swift

http://www.civilityinamerica.org/en/index.html

User avatar
Notorious
Posts: 11909
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 am

Re: You're wrong, Moderator

Post by Notorious » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:43 am

I don't see anything wrong with his posts, I've said similar things and not been warned because of it.
Never Underestimate The Fart Of A Monarch

Locked