Saving Mr. Banks

Bubba#35

Saving Mr. Banks

Postby Bubba#35 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 am

Went into this movie expecting to be bored but the wife wanted to see it and we had a family member recommend it so what the heck. Came out really pleased. I generally look for action movies or comedies but this was neither. Very we'll down and worth my time. Tom Hanks did a very credible job as Walt Disney and Emma Thompson did a wonderful job as the author of "Mary Poppins". My wife said she was a better grumpy old man than me. The back story in this movie was a great story of redemption. Five out of five stars.

SLK230

Re: Saving Mr. Banks

Postby SLK230 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:58 am

I enjoyed the movie but wished it could have moved a little faster.

It was just to slow.
Thought for the day:
We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money.
How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

Red

Postby Red » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:05 pm

I'll wait to watch it on cable. At least I won't waste $15 to take a snooze.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

not4u13

Postby not4u13 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:28 am

Went and saw this gem yesterday. Paid $6 each matinee price and loved it. I am a Disney fan and was especially appreciative of the bit of Disney lore that was shared during the movie. Stay through the credits. They show old black and whites of the premier and they play audio from some of the actual tapes that were made during script reviews. I know this was a dramatization but it is based on a true story, which made it even more appealing to me.

I agree that Hanks did a credible job as Walt Disney but I also thought all of the cast did an outstanding job. I had a hard time seeing a weak link in any of it. One of the few times I can say that about any movie. Great cast, great historical references, great Disney history and a very good story to start with. This is not a movie that needs the big screen but it is a movie that is worth the time to watch.

I would describe more about the plot here but I think the trailer does a good job of that without revealing too much.
Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountain is going home; that wildness is necessity; John Muir
http://www.quotesdaddy.com

Return to “Movies”