Obama's "wimpiness" discussed in a New Yorker article

If it doesn't fit anywhere else
MDDad

Re: Obama's "wimpiness" discussed in a New Yorker article

Postby MDDad » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:13 pm

Wabash, as is so often the case, your response is totally unrelated to what I said. I hope that in the spirit of even-handedness, JQP and moderators see it as another attempt to deflect or hijack a thread.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:14 pm

PP, I give Poppy Bush a lot of credit I don't give the son. Poppy was a baseball player at Yale. Not a college yell leader. Poppy was an aviator who went to war and survived being shot down and fished out of the ocean. An almost miraculous outcome for the era.

The son managed to get a slot in the national guard and went to Alabama to work on political campaigns when men were being killed in Vietnam. Like Romney, Bush Jr. supported the war in Vietnam, but had no interest in going there to actually fight in it.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:15 pm

MDDad, sorry if the facts offend you. But that is the reality for these types of event.

BTW, Obama has been effusive in his credit to the men that actually carried out the mission. But the ultimate blame would have been on him had the mission failed. When one considers the operation starts out with a helicopter crash (which was one of the many reasons Eagle Claw failed) it is even more remarkable that such a favorable outcome occurred.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:23 pm

I agree with you about daddy Bush. I voted for him the first time...the opposition sucked. :)

The bride and I tailed him one time from his compound in Kennebunkport to Vivian's where he eats lobster on a regular basis. He was no longer in office, but there were about four other blue Lincoln's in the motorcade that wound its way along the half mile coastal road to Vivian's.
Last edited by Parrotpaul on Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:24 pm

Facts don't offend me, Wabash.

The Angels beat the Orioles, 1-0, in 13 innings yesterday. That's a fact. When discussing how Obama's "getting" bin Laden is proof of his manliness, it's also as irrelevant as the Ronald Reagan/Jimmy Carter facts you interjected. It's sometimes hard to believe you aren't embarrassed by what you post.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Guys...it's a ridiculous argument.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:33 pm

MDDad wrote:

Facts don't offend me, Wabash.

Your statements don't support that claim.

MDDad wrote:

The Angels beat the Orioles, 1-0, in 13 innings yesterday. That's a fact. When discussing how Obama's "getting" bin Laden is proof of his manliness, it's also as irrelevant as the Ronald Reagan/Jimmy Carter facts you interjected. It's sometimes hard to believe you aren't embarrassed by what you post.

I laid out my rationale for making that statement. You are confusing the realities of a military operation with the perception of how it is played out in the political arena. Can't help you if you don't understand the difference.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Has anyone seen Obama's work out video? It's almost too painful to watch.

But you watched it anyway.

BTW....Obama really isn't unique when it come to Newsweek doing cover stories on POTUS wimpiness..to wit:

joefutbol

Postby joefutbol » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Maybe we should just get their test levels checked. That should bring resolution to the debate.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:21 pm

I hope that in the spirit of even-handedness, JQP and moderators see it as another attempt to deflect or hijack a thread.

I'm not sure it's possible to hijack this thread. It started out in the basement and has gone down ever since.

Certainly not in the individual post category, but this has to be the stupidest thread taken as a whole that I've seen in a long time.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 pm

One doesn't have to be the captain on the HS football team or an ice hockey goal tender not to be a wimp.
There has been many a Casper Milchtoast who won silver stars in battle, or been town hero.
A person's actions and deeds say more about his strength than muscles and form.
Wimps, OTOH, keep making excuses and blaming others. They draw lines in the sand they never intend to back up. They take credit for other's accomplishments. They snivel that no one likes them because of racism. I could go on, but you get the description...
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:18 pm

I meant to add "Afraid to make a decision" to that list.
Unfortunately an ill-mannered parrot barfed all over my post before I could hit "Edit"... --:--
Do you have me on speed dial, Paul? You've replied to my posts sometimes before I hit "submit"..
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Sigh. If only we had a real president.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:51 am

Bill Maher described those pics of Putin best. They look like they should be on a van in New Jersey.

The irony of the so-called wimp factor is that those making that claim would be calling him more of a tyrant or arrogant than they do now if he were to start acting as "manly" in the way they define the term.

We've seen that already.

Trog wrote:

Wimps, OTOH, keep making excuses and blaming others. They draw lines in the sand they never intend to back up. They take credit for other's accomplishments. They snivel that no one likes them because of racism. I could go on, but you get the description...

You just described the eight years of Bush. Except for the racism part.
Last edited by Wabash on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:53 am

Wimps, OTOH, keep making excuses and blaming others.

Ahh...so people who blame Obama for everything are "wimps"...got it.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

sbayhills

Postby sbayhills » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:04 am

Bill Maher described those pics of Putin best. They look like they should be on a van in New Jersey.

Way to show where you get your schtick Wabash. Your own Avatar would look great on the side of a van in New Jersey. Please accommodate us.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:10 am

Maher also discussed Sarah Palin last night...."My thoughts and prayers go out to the people of Ebola." Sarah Palin :mrgreen:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:42 am

I think I saw your avatar on the tailgate of a pickup truck in Santa Ana, SBH.

! Message from: "John Q. Public"
Now, can we stop discussing each other?
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Hanna

Postby Hanna » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:27 am

Presidents Palin and McCain would now be sending soldiers to all four corners of the world. After bringing back the draft to provide enough cannon fodder for all these activities. And, of course, would quadruple the deficit by supporting all these activities. All the while, the majority of Americans really do not want to get involved in any foreign wars.

--:--

MDDad

Postby MDDad » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:00 am

Wabash wrote:The irony of the so-called wimp factor is that those making that claim would be calling him more of a tyrant or arrogant than they do now if he were to start acting as "manly" in the way they define the term.

A grown man can learn how to throw a baseball or swing a pickax without being called arrogant or tyrannical. Physically, Obama is a spastik.

Return to “The Off Topic Forum”