Bonnie is baaaaaaaack!!!

The No Bull Board
John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Bonnie is baaaaaaaack!!!

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:34 pm

Trog, I take it you'd say the same thing if somebody :wink: wanted to turn Balboa into a container terminal? Boats are boats, no?

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Balboa isn't a container terminal now.. It's a pleasure craft harbor.. El Toro was a Marine base with noisy jet fighters.. It was when those idiots bought houses next to it.. Don't like noise. Don't buy next to an air base.
I don't suffer from any mental illnesses.. I enjoy them..

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:33 pm

The Marines used to fly over our office in Aliso Viejo maybe 10 times a day. Tops. Big difference between that and an Airbus every 10 minutes.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:37 am

When did you buy your house, Paul?? Wasn't the air base in operation then??
If you don't like the sound of jets taking off, buy somewhere else... Simple..
No need,Trog. I in concert with many others formed a grass-roots kind of army to work to keep a commercial airport out of El Toro NAS. We won, Trog. Haven't heard a jet take off from that base since when...1999? That's a good thing. :cheers:
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:30 am

When did you buy your house, Paul?? Wasn't the air base in operation then??
If you don't like the sound of jets taking off, buy somewhere else... Simple..

I highlighted the relevant word in your sentence. It was an air "base" not an air "port." The two are very different. Do you need the difference explained? They have very different purposes and operations.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:18 am

$200Billion later. The runways are still there. Most of the "great park' has been sold off. The people have an ugly orange balloon, a few scrabbly soccer fields and a truck load of studies and plans.. Agrin and friends are richer... Where's our illustrious attorney general's investigation???

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 am

Which has nothing to do with your earlier claims about why the base should have been converted to an airport.
Last edited by Wabash on Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:23 am

Admittedly I am not thoroughly knowledgeable on the subject, but where did you come up with $200 billion? That does not sound right.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:24 am

He made it up. That number is roughly equivalent to two years of the CA state budget. I agree with you that this is a Trog exaggeration.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 pm

The great park was made up too.
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:03 pm

Trog's Fantasy Fun Facts.
"I think I may say that of all the men we meet with, nine parts of ten are what they are, good or evil, useful or not, by their education." John Locke

Troglodyte

Postby Troglodyte » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 pm

:oops: They placed the B too close to the M on my keyboard.... :oops:
A few million here, a few million there and pretty soon we're talking about real money...

Fantasize this, Heckle and Jeckle....

Published OC Register; Published: July 8, 2014 LINK

IRVINE – Auditors investigating how more than $200 million was spent at the Great Park got another $330,000 to finish their report.

Published LA Times: October 27, 2012 LINK

Ten years after Orange County residents voted to turn a shuttered military base into one of America's most ambitious municipal parks, most of the land remains fenced off, looking very much like the airfield the Marines left behind.
The city of Irvine has spent at least $203 million on the project, but only 200 acres of the promised 1,347-acre Orange County Great Park has been built, and half of that is leased out for commercial farming.
Most of the money has paid for plans, designs, administrative costs and consultants, with less than a fifth of it going toward actual park construction, according to a Times analysis of the spending.
Now, the money to build "the first great metropolitan park of the 21st century" -- as the city calls it -- has just about run out, leaving Irvine leaders to contemplate radical measures: Selling off public land to raise funds or asking private business to step in and build the park for them.

Parrotpaul

Postby Parrotpaul » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:43 pm

That is going to persuade me of what? I was finished fighting that battle in 2003. What Agran and the City of Irvine did with that acreage didn't concern me much then, and it doesn't concern me much now. Airplanes aren't flying in and out...all else is but toys.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Either way, no airport is going to be built. That was the point.

Return to “The El Toro Chronicles”