Servite's best two players...are transfers from Bosco???

RoadRunner

Re: Servite's best two players...are transfers from Bosco???

Post by RoadRunner » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:02 pm

I don't care how talented the kids in the CC area are, they win a lot of ball games because of transfers so stop crying.

Tell you what ...How about you give me all the names of the transfers to CC that has helped them win games the last three years ( I will make it easy for you-just give me the names of the impact transfers)... And the "CC area" you speak of is the Corona/Norco Unfied School district which has some pretty damn good talent across the board...incoming freshman have their choice of what HS they want to attend.
" Inter-National Scouting Director for Youth Football"

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:40 pm

Thats the point. CC gets the advantage of open enrollment. Its not as though they are just getting kids from a certain area and Santiago and Corona are getting kids from a different area. The kids are choosing CC, which is turning it into an all-star team. CC is effectively a private school when it comes to sports just like Long Beach Poly. CC is not representative of a true public school environment with the built in limitations. And since the school is free, CC has a built in advantage over the privates where $15K a year tuition keeps out a lot of athletes.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:53 pm

TLF was talking about transfers...

number9

Post by number9 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:59 pm

J.J. Taylor and Ketteringham (sp). That is just off the top of my head from last year. I know you will say J.J. is from that area but he didn't choose that school he transferred into it. I believe Bynum and Ulua (sp) on defense were also transfers.
Last edited by number9 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:03 pm

lol...

rvoltes5

Post by rvoltes5 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:54 am

I just like the color black
"You must learn to master your fear, or else your fear will be your master." ~ RS

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:57 pm

I think people need to get off their high horse over transfers. Keep in mind what you're getting when you get a 4 or 5 star transfer. You're getting a kid who in all likelihood is a natural athlete, a self-starter and would get offers regardless if he went to Loara. That 4 or 5 star player didn't hone his ability at the school he just left, he was that way when he arrived on campus and improved in the offseason with 7v7 and personal trainers. So Bosco, Servite, CC, MD etc. didn't build these kids, they built themselves.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:45 am

I disagree wholeheartedly. When an athlete attends a school as a freshman, they may have the same genetic makeup they would at any other school, but the coaching, strength and conditioning and other intangibles that are taught at a school have a lot to do with their development.

probablynot

Post by probablynot » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:50 am

From what I can tell, most varsity and aspiring varsity quarterbacks have their own private coach and many have private trainers. Add in non-program off-season participation in camps, clinics and 7 on 7 competitions and top players become top players regardless of what high school they attend.

Do top players benefit by being in a well coached or high resource program - sure. One area though that is just as important is the need for player/program fit.

A good player will be challenged to improve if at a school - regardless of the quality of coaching available - that is not a fit for their particular game. OLU comes to mind for many quarterbacks/receivers.

Ultimately, a well run program will be attractive to both transfers and local area students. Poorly run programs not so much.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 am

servite picked up a couple of transfers on varsity. Anyone know who they are and where they came from?

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:10 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:I disagree wholeheartedly. When an athlete attends a school as a freshman, they may have the same genetic makeup they would at any other school, but the coaching, strength and conditioning and other intangibles that are taught at a school have a lot to do with their development.
For a 4 or 5 star kid? Most of those kids are phenomenal athletes when they arrive at the school. Chances are strong that the kid is doing a lot more on his own than relying on whatever he's getting at the school he's going to. A lot of 4 or 5 star players don't all go to big name high schools or have big name coaches, which underscores that these players are more self-made than people give them credit for.

If a 4 or 5 star kid wants to make it, he is going to work for it, and it won't matter if he's going to JSerra, Serra, Edison, Bosco, Buena Park, Los Al. The one thing they get from playing at a top school is better competition to push them.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:37 am

Just heard about a new Bosco transfer to Servite. He is Bosco's 3rd stringer holder for the field goal team. Servite just upgraded another position thanks to the Braves!

albundyrules

Post by albundyrules » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:41 am

Nope Byumn, lyttle, Taylor, Hernandez.

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:48 am

by FriarJoe » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:37 am

Just heard about a new Bosco transfer to Servite. He is Bosco's 3rd stringer holder for the field goal team. Servite just upgraded another position thanks to the Braves!
If you are talking about Curtis Hernandez, I believe he is/was their long snapper, rated three and a half stars by long snapper guru Chris Rubio...65th out of 264 long snappers that Rubio rated from the class of 2016
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:51 pm

People don`t understand how important snapping is…At Norc we have the #1 ranked CA Rubio Long Snapper 2017 & #10 Nationally Kyle Gibbs 6`2 230lbs….this kid is money when it comes to snapping…

nice pick up for Servite

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 pm

He's kidding. Curtis Hernandez isn't going anywhere. Read the previous post, it's meant to be a joke.

RoadRunner

Post by RoadRunner » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:25 pm

Damn...jokes on me..ol

Lionhunter

Post by Lionhunter » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:29 pm

I was serious. maybe AlBundyrules was joking.
Goin' on a lion hunt, but I don't see no lion.

BoscoBrave

Post by BoscoBrave » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:24 pm

Friar Joe was the one joking.

FriarJoe

Post by FriarJoe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:04 pm

I said third string holder not long snapper.