Lynch shields Clinton Foundation

sbayhills

Lynch shields Clinton Foundation

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:47 pm

This highlights the lengths the Obama Administration will go to protect Clinton. What is in those emails that they don't want voters to see until after the election?
Department of Justice officials filed a motion in federal court late Wednesday seeking a 27-month delay in producing correspondence between former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s four top aides and officials with the Clinton Foundation and Teneo Holdings, a closely allied public relations firm that Bill Clinton helped launch.

If the court permits the delay, the public won’t be able to read the communications until October 2018, about 22 months into her prospective first term as President. The four senior Clinton aides involved were Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Michael Fuchs, Ambassador-At-Large Melanne Verveer, Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills, and Deputy Chief of Staff Huma Abedin.
The State Department originally estimated that 6,000 emails and other documents were exchanged by the aides with the Clinton Foundation. But a series of “errors” the department told the court about Wednesday evening now mean the total has grown to “34,116 potentially responsive documents.”
http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/30/exclu ... 27-months/
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote shortened

Luca

Re: Lynch shields Clinton Foundation

Post by Luca » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:56 pm

It will be interesting to see what justification will be given for such a request, but I can't imagine any legitimate or satisfactory one. Christ, getting a couple months extension on your taxes is like pulling teeth......................Luca

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Lynch met with Bill Clinton privately yesterday. No impropriety there! ](*,) The corruption just gets deeper.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Former President Bill Clinton spoke with Attorney General Loretta Lynch during an impromptu meeting in Phoenix, but Lynch said the discussion did not involve the investigation into Hillary Clinton's email use as secretary of state.

Lynch told reporters that the meeting at a Phoenix airport on Monday was unplanned and happened while the former president was waiting to depart and walked over to the attorney general's plane after she landed there.

Lynch was traveling with her husband and said her conversation with the former president "was a great deal about his grandchildren" and their travels. The former president, who recently became a grandfather for the second time, told her he had been playing golf in Arizona and they discussed former Attorney General Janet Reno, whom they both know.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote shortened

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:06 pm

Lynch met with Bill Clinton privately yesterday. No impropriety there! ](*,) The corruption just gets deeper.
Is meeting with someone illegal? When did that happen?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:35 pm

They actually met Monday. You can't be serious if you can't see the breach in ethics which would have 2 lawyers meeting privately, while the wife of one is under investigation from the DOJ which she runs? And to top it off, Lynch says they discussed their Grandchildren for a half hour, and no business. Of course they didn't talk about not releasing the Clinton Foundation emails....................

I think it would be wise for your to back out on this one Wabash. Even the Dems are hopping mad about this lack of judgment on both of their parts.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/Clinton-lync ... ction.html

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:46 pm

The 27 months requested is certainly suspicious if you do the math.

Unless those 34,116 emails need to be carefully edited, or manufactured from scratch, even a chimpanzee with a dot matrix printer could print out 20 emails an hour. If the chimp works eight hours a day and five days a week (I'm assuming he's a union member with no overtime), he would still finish the task in just under ten months. Why would highly trained Justice Department officials need three times as long as a single chimpanzee?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:03 pm

I realize this is the most important thing to you. I'm betting the State Department might have other things on their mind besides some tin foil hat stuff.

Thanks for the softball.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:15 pm

MDDad: I've had a great deal of experience with document intensive cases, so I make these comments based upon my experience and not because I'm supporting anybody's position.
It's not just printing out the emails. Each email has to be reviewed and then the necessary information entered into the electronic document control system. In private matters, firms can throw an army of junior associates or paralegals at the project 24/7 because a client is being billed. In the public sector, they probably don't have resources like that.
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm betting this isn't the only document request they are trying to fulfill. I bet there are thousands of requests like this coming from RWNJs all desperate to why buying tin foil is necessary.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:29 pm

I'm betting that you're getting concerned. What illegal activity are they trying to hide from voters before the election? What was so important that Lynch and Clinton met in a private plane? It's all starting to come together and unravel for her Presidential run. I look forward to when the FBI gets to question her under oath about her emails. Want to bet that she takes the 5th?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:39 pm

Reconquista Primero wrote:It's not just printing out the emails. Each email has to be reviewed and then the necessary information entered into the electronic document control system.
Thanks, RP. I understand that and I agree. As a quality assurance and regulatory affairs executive in both the medical device (FDA) and aerospace (FAA) fields, I'm unfortunately also familiar with the demands of document review and electronic document control systems. But 27 months is 587 work days. With the potential impact this could have on the outcome of a presidential election, it's a little mind-boggling that the United States government can't review and enter more than 58 emails a day.

Reconquista Primero

Post by Reconquista Primero » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:48 pm

Haven't you answered the question on why it will take so long with the first part of your last sentence? :wink:
Worst choices for president in my 35 + years of voting.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:09 pm

sbayhills wrote:I'm betting that you're getting concerned.
Concerned about what? What is illegal about meeting with someone? Or anything else you've mentioned.

I knew there was more to this story.

Email Delay Request
"In fiscal year 2015 alone we received approximately 22,000 FOIA requests. The requests are also frequently more complex and seek larger volumes of documents, requiring significantly more time, resources, and interagency coordination. While we have increased staffing for our FOIA office, our available resources are still nonetheless constrained," Kirby said.

State says it has processed all work-related records in about 54,000 pages of emails Clinton turned over to her former agency in 2014. However, hundreds of requests for official-account and private-account emails from a slew of Clinton aides are pending.
There are literally thousands of RWNJs all making some wingnut request. You do realize the State Dept. does other things besides answer idiot FOIA requests. Don't you?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:10 pm

MDDad wrote:it's a little mind-boggling that the United States government can't review and enter more than 58 emails a day.
Not when one considers the number of these requests.

From the article I linked above.
However, State spokesman John Kirby blamed resource constraints and—as POLITICO revealed Wednesday—a growing backlog of requests now numbering over 29,000.
I would like to know how many of my tax dollars are going to responding to these idiot requests. I'm betting all of them are nonsense.
Last edited by Wabash on Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:16 pm

sbayhills - HRC can't take the 5th under oath, her presidential run would be history on the spot.

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:20 pm

Thanks Cruiser. It will be interesting how she responds............maybe I can't recall?

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:21 pm

Reconquista Primero wrote:Haven't you answered the question on why it will take so long with the first part of your last sentence? :wink:
I try not to be skeptical all the time...but yeah, I probably did.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:22 pm

sbayhills wrote:Lynch met with Bill Clinton privately yesterday. No impropriety there!
I read the description of the "private meeting" you posted and I agree with your analysis 100%...see, miracles do happen!
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

sbayhills

Post by sbayhills » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:23 pm

Wabash there is no hope for you if you can't see why that meeting was inappropriate.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Wabash wrote:Not when one considers the number of these requests.
From the time we are children we are taught how to prioritize our activities. Are you saying the federal government can't do the same? Or are you saying they probably already did, and shuffled this one to the bottom of the pile.