Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could stop Clinton

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Trump was discussing the possibility that Clinton, the Democratic nominee, would be able to appoint liberal justices to the Supreme Court if she wins the race for the White House.

He then said that there was nothing that could be done in that scenario, before mentioning “Second Amendment folks.”

“Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment,” Trump said to boos from the crowd.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”
Of course the Trump campaign is claiming the statement is taken out of context.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ocfootballfan

Re: Trump: 'Second Amendment people' could stop Clinton

Post by ocfootballfan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:13 pm

Why aren't the partisan minions not outraged by this?

Bick

Post by Bick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:35 pm

If you can dismiss this as a bad joke, then all the Obama "it could have been my kid" that's led to this BLM stuff, that's morphed into open season on cops gets dismissed too.

Can't have it both ways.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:00 pm

False equivalency.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

ocfootballfan

Post by ocfootballfan » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:58 pm

Wabash is right.......intent counts. WTF is wrong with you guys? Trump cannot continue to make these kind of statements.

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:32 pm

I heard the actual audio of the comment a few hours ago. In my opinion, that was one of the most irresponsible things any major party presidential candidate has said in decades. He is a very immature child playing in a very serious game.

Bick

Post by Bick » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Apologies. I should have prefaced my remarks with, "for those on the right...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:16 pm

I can't understand why even the Conservative media doesn't call people on the "overturning the Second Amendment" business. I don't think I've ever heard anybody say that in my life.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:28 am

Why is anyone surprised at this?

Hasn't the NRA and gun wackos (which is NOT all gun owners) been saying for years that we need guns to fight off tyranny?

afan95

Post by afan95 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 am

Wabash just called Hillary a tyrant.
It's my Board and I will censor you when I feel like it JQP

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 am

It doesn't matter what he or his campaign claim he meant, but how the people who cheered when he said it interpreted it, no?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:55 pm

This was an interesting exchange on Fox News' The Five yesterday.

Eric Bolling tries to spin this and even the rest of The Five have a hard time keeping their composure.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:47 pm

I am troubled by what Donald Trump says, but honestly I am more troubled by what Hilary Clinton has done.

People are P.O.'d at status Quo politicians. What is really scary is the back lash of distrust and disillusionment has caused in this political season.

I listened watched the video multiple times, and you are just nuts if you think Donald Trump was suggesting someone assassinate Hilary Clinton...I would be willing to bet many Americans have said worse about both of these candidates.

I do understand and agree this was a silly comment to make but also do not for one second believe DT was advocating violence...

ocfootballfan

Post by ocfootballfan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:24 pm

If you parse his comment, he's referring to what could be done after Hillary has won the election and is in a position to appoint SC judges. He now says he meant the NRA has political clout.

afan95

Post by afan95 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:33 pm

http://www.cnn.com/

From Hillary's 2008 election, she said," My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said.

During an interview with Radio Isla Puerto Rico on Saturday, Obama reacted to the Clinton comment.

According to a quote released by the campaign, he said, "I have learned that when you are campaigning for as many months as Sen. Clinton and I have been campaigning, sometimes you get careless in terms of the statements that you make, and I think that is what happened here. Sen. Clinton says that she did not intend any offense by it, and I will take her at her word on that."

On Friday, the campaign said in a statement, "Sen. Clinton's statement before the Argus Leader editorial board was unfortunate and has no place in this campaign."

I think Trump is crazy but 8 years ago things appeared to be a bit more forgiving between candidates.
 ! Message from: John Q. Public
Please don't post entire articles.

And the link was broken, so I shortened it to CNN.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:12 pm

Comparing the two remarks isn't even remotely the same. The GOP is in full spin control mode.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:27 pm

The GOP? Really? I've on heard Trump people and gun people. I haven't heard anybody speak as a Republican.

broman

Post by broman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:34 pm

On Friday, the campaign said in a statement, "Sen. Clinton's statement before the Argus Leader editorial board was unfortunate and has no place in this campaign.

Still waiting for Trump and his people to man up.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:51 pm

John Q. Public wrote:The GOP? Really? I've on heard Trump people and gun people. I haven't heard anybody speak as a Republican.
Good point. I keep confusing the two since Trump is the GOP nominee.

afan95

Post by afan95 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Where did I say the two were the same? Look at what was highlighted and my last comment.

This isn't a boxing match Wabash. Why do you expect every comment to be a punch or counter punch. Sometimes the comments are just a comment.