[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration" - Orange County Forums

"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Wabash

"the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:12 am

Sounds like you are laying the groundwork to blame her for the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration.

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Bick

Re: Seeds of Defeat

Postby Bick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:31 am

Do you have any specific measurable indicators of this impending disaster? Or does everything that happens in the next 8 years qualify by definition?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:01 am

History shows that folks like Trump don't understand how to govern.

He hasn't shown any predilection to prove that wrong.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:06 am

That should be an easy task for you then. What specific, measurable indicator will we see in 2017 that would qualify as a disaster?

broman

Postby broman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:33 am

Curious Bick, based on the measurably indicators, GDP, unemployment rate, stock market, and job growth, did these things improve during the Obama years?

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:47 am

I'm sure some did.

I'm curious what is supposed to happen in this upcoming disaster movie though. I've read how people are planning to move to Canada, disrupt the inauguration, etc. This should be a very easy thing to articulate given all the adverse actions being taken.

So...what's going to happen?

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:59 am

On a side note, what happen to all the well to do mega bucks people, hollywood stars. well
known wealthy entertainers and the the like that said they were leaving the country if Trump
won, not a peep from them on doing it, no?

And - as I posted before if Trump even gets even half of what he said he was going to do or the perception
that it's happening he will be elected by a wider electoral margin in 2020!

The Trump haters can only hope for a medical problem that makes him unable to serve - it is what it is.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:08 am

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:10 am

MDDad

Re: "the inevitable disaster that will be the Trump Administration"

Postby MDDad » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Bick

Postby Bick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm

I assume the history reference is due to the absence of any real idea what the impending disaster is that's been the source of the rioting and whatnot?

A little odd the amount of certainty we're on the Titanic without any clue as to the description of the icebergs.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:41 pm

With all due respect to Santayana.

Those who do read history are condemned to relive the mistakes made by those who don't.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I want to know who all these Trump-like individuals are.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

broman

Postby broman » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:37 pm

Lookie, lookie GOP just changed the rules of oversight.

In one of their first moves of the new Congress, House Republicans have voted to gut their own independent ethics watchdog — a huge blow to cheerleaders of congressional oversight and one that dismantles major reforms adopted after the Jack Abramoff scandal. Monday's effort was led, in part, by lawmakers who have come under investigation in recent years. Despite a warning from Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), House Republicans adopted a proposal by Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) to put the Office of Congressional Ethics under the jurisdiction of the House Ethics Committee.

The office currently has free rein, enabling investigators to pursue allegations and then recommend further action to the House Ethics Committee as they see fit. Now, the office would be under the thumb of lawmakers themselves. The proposal also appears to limit the scope of the office’s work by barring them from considering anonymous tips against lawmakers. And it would stop the office from disclosing the findings of some of their investigations, as they currently do after the recommendations go to House Ethics.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/h ... ght-233111

Tell me about the rigged system again. ](*,)

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:25 pm

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm

Yeah. A former Cabinet member and a governor for 8 years. Just like Trump. Sure thing.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Let the dumpster fire begin!
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:11 pm

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:31 am

Scroll up to where it says "Broman."

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:48 am

Return to “National”