Division 1 Playoffs

Omar Bongo

Re: Division 1 Playoffs

Post by Omar Bongo »

If JSerra, Olu, SMCHS or San Clemente win their first game they'll be at home in the quarters no matter who they face
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

.I've always wondered in the playoffs why the higher seed has to travel to a lower seed's
home field in the playoffs, it's not that way for CIF state playoffs, I believe?, and in many other
states also - do the other state CIF sections have the same process as the CIFSS in determining
who gets the home game during playoffs? Anyone have a clue?
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

For the fans...when feasible, everyone gets at least one home game

Unless you have a stadium on campus I'm not sure it makes that much difference
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

Omar "Unless you have a stadium on campus I'm not sure it makes that much difference"
Oh it can make a big difference in your teams fans seeing the game. Like St. Margarets having a game against Bishop in the Owens Valley with just a 6 hour bus ride one way. Or lots of games where you have one team having to drive to thew other side of LA on a Friday night which can be a 3 to 4 hour drive in itself. ( if you have to work till 5 or 6 you are not making it to that game unless you take the time off)

( if it happens like Chaminade will have if they play Servite and Servite elects not to play at Cerritos but somewhere down here in the OC. or a game against Mission Viejo)
2002tony

Post by 2002tony »

cruiser wrote:.I've always wondered in the playoffs why the higher seed has to travel to a lower seed's
home field in the playoffs, it's not that way for CIF state playoffs, I believe?, and in many other
states also - do the other state CIF sections have the same process as the CIFSS in determining
who gets the home game during playoffs? Anyone have a clue?
It does not mater what you are ranked or seeded in the state playoffs. just like it will not mater that MD is number 1 in the nation, they will still have to go to No Cal to play in the finals or where ever it was already predetermined to be at.

Other states pick where they want to have those games played. They may or may not chose the same process we have. Here CIF with all of the schools in the southern section have chosen to have this format that we have. As Omar pointed out they (CIF committee) try to give each team that makes it to the playoffs a chance to have at least one home game. Highest seeded teams do get to go first.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

...if it happens like Chaminade will have if they play Servite and Servite elects not to play at Cerritos but somewhere down here in the OC

The home team gets to pick the venue in the playoffs? I thought the CIF had the final word...
George Will

Donald Trump
MDDad

Post by MDDad »

Technically, there are no "home" teams in the playoffs. There are only "host" teams. And both your statements are correct. The host team gets to pick the venue, and they typically pick their regular season home field. But if the CIF decides the site doesn't provide reasonable accomodations for the visitors' fans (i.e. the CIF would be leaving money on the table), they can require that another more suitable venue be chosen.
The Old Gym

Post by The Old Gym »

It won't matter where any of these games are played this year.
hit the lights

Post by hit the lights »

great week in D-1 coming up
MD vs LB POLY-
MD too good too powerful- well coached

MVvs OLU -
MV Defense vs Olu Offense! Kyle Ford and Hillinski, 0 run game.
Olu Defense has given up 306 points this year.

Bosco vs Rancho Cucamonga.
Bosco wins easy.
Bick

Post by Bick »

Murrieta Valley with a pretty big upset of Sta Margarita. Impressive work down there by Mr. Bachmeier.

Speaking of upsets, you'll have to back before 2001 to see if you can find the last time the entire Mission league went one and done in the playoffs, and they only had 4 teams prior to 2010.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Interesting post on the southerncaliforniapreps board - a NorCal poster asks why MD, the number one
seed has to travel during the CIFSS playoffs apparently it goes by seeding for host games in NorCal.
Justadude

Post by Justadude »

Cif does a coin flip after first round for the rest of the games to determine Home field. Weird but true. MD lost
NJtoNYCtoSOC

Post by NJtoNYCtoSOC »

That’s the only thing MD will lose this year
ARF

Post by ARF »

LMAO :notworthy: