Any more transfers to speak about?

NotDonaldBren

Re: Any more transfers to speak about?

Post by NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 pm

TomDrake wrote: I feel bad for the MD LB that has been working hard and committed for 3 years that was going to get a shot under some very very unfortunate circumstances (I’ve heard nothing but great things about Funa and his character - I wish him a speedy recovery). If such a player exists at MD I hope he stays the course and earns his spot on the field
Funa was an OLB for MD. MD had a junior who has never started at LB (Nate White) and a sophomore who has yet to start anywhere (Raesjon Davis) at the OLB spots in spring practice. So there is really no "poor 3 year backup at OLB waiting for a shot" like Sondy and his minions love to cape for. No different than Bosco had no 3 year backup waiting to stand in when Spencer Lytle showed up at LB this offseason, or Ralen Goforth the summer before. UNless we are counting fellow transfer Jacob Jornadal. Nor when OLu had no 3 year backup waiting when Kyle Ford checked in last year at WR, unless we are counting now departed Josh Jackson who was then a rising sophomore.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:20 pm

Wow! Is that ever a lame answer. Someone was going to play each of those spots before the transfers were brought in. And now they won't get to. Period!
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 pm

... Period! Tell us more ...
I.jpg
I.jpg (7.21 KiB) Viewed 1042 times

BBB

Post by BBB » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Does this board’s moderator pay NDB by the number of words he posts? Then all of these useless posts would finally make sense!

NotDonaldBren

Post by NotDonaldBren » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:57 pm

BBB wrote: Does this board’s moderator BLAH BLAH BLAHDEE BLAH TROLL TROLL I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY I NEED ATTENTION PLEASE PLEASE I'MA KEYBOARD WARRIOR!!!
8P.gif
8P.gif (980.33 KiB) Viewed 1014 times
giphy1.gif
giphy1.gif (1.99 MiB) Viewed 1014 times

BBB

Post by BBB » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:43 am

Now it’s obvious: The board’s moderator CLEARLY pays Donnie Boy by the number of words he posts! It’s apparently lucrative enough for him to now have his 12 year old kid post on his account like the one right above! Good job Donnie Boy Jr!

TomDrake

Post by TomDrake » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:58 am

Omar Bongo wrote:Any feelings about the equally comitted & hard-working LH LB who is no longer looking at riding the pine for next two years?
Never thought of that. Great for him! Unless, of course, he’s replaced by yet another transfer.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:50 am

Sondheimer on a roll......
SondTrans2.png
SondTrans3.png
So who is next on the list.... --:--
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

MDDad

Post by MDDad » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:06 am

Professor Fate wrote:Someone was going to play each of those spots before the transfers were brought in. And now they won't get to. Period!
That's true of almost every transfer in every sport at every high school in the country. That makes it kind of a pointless truism, doesn't it?

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:07 pm

SK80 wrote:Well at least it is now more "OPINION" from E. Sond. and he is showing his personal stance which many already knew...

I think this is all a mess now, that is my personal take. However i also live in the real world and in the moment, it is now what it is for various reasons. Maybe one day it will have different look, people will feel different than they do right now.

SondChoice.png
Not at all surprising a writer from the Times would take this stance.

What IS surprising is some guys who lean conservatively on the political side would agree with him and hope for some form of regulation, while a liberal leaning guy is OK with MD dominating as the football school of choice.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Bick, I find "regulation" leans more left/liberal and a guy like E. Sond. would be a writer at a left leaning publication which would usually be pro public school not a charter nor private school supporter.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo

Buck

Post by Buck » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:45 pm

Is Funa still at MD? Now that he can’t play football will MD still cover his 15k tuition bill? Just asking bc he would never be at MD if he couldn’t play football. Is MD still actively recruiting Flowe, heard he had a great showing at the SC Elite camp.
SC should look into hiring MD’s recruiting coordinator.... very impressive collection of mercenaries he’s put together.

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:20 pm

NotDonaldBren wrote:Funa was an OLB for MD. MD had a junior who has never started at LB (Nate White) and a sophomore who has yet to start anywhere (Raesjon Davis) at the OLB spots in spring practice. So there is really no "poor 3 year backup at OLB waiting for a shot" like Sondy and his minions love to cape for. No different than Bosco had no 3 year backup waiting to stand in when Spencer Lytle showed up at LB this offseason, or Ralen Goforth the summer before. UNless we are counting fellow transfer Jacob Jornadal. Nor when OLu had no 3 year backup waiting when Kyle Ford checked in last year at WR, unless we are counting now departed Josh Jackson who was then a rising sophomore.
Thank You NotDonaldBren.. I was about to say exactly what you just posted...

Sweetness34

Post by Sweetness34 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:42 pm

Professor Fate wrote:Wow! Is that ever a lame answer. Someone was going to play each of those spots before the transfers were brought in. And now they won't get to. Period!
I know I'm going to get heat for this, but the bottomline is, MD had no beyond Davis at LB. Yeah, there may have been kids who play service team LB, don't have it to play at this level. Those kids would never see the field. Everyone thinks MD has the incredible deep pool. And they don't. It compares nothing to what Bosco has in depth.

MD has its ones and goes straight to threes, or kids who would have trouble starting at other pubic schools. Depth is an issue.

And if you'll still try to use the argument, its still a kid who was a LB .. c'mon would want a kid who lacks the ability to play at this level wanting to be your starter? Times have changed, either accept it or move on..

BBB

Post by BBB » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Agreed times have changed and we should move on, but also realize NDB isn’t accurate. There were older kids who were waiting to play who got displaced by these transfers. I don’t feel bad about it because it’s a competitive sport. But we should also let kids transfer free and clear.

If it isn’t obvious to all of us by now, you can’t stop transfers. On a side note, I love watching MDDad trying to compare all other schools with a transfer or two to his beloved MD. Talk about a false equivalency! He struggles reconciling all of those years touting how few transfers MD accepted while taking shots at those schools who accepted more of them only to do a dramatic about face in not criticizing MD now that they’re the biggest culprit.

One thing to support your school, another to show heavy bias, but his obvious struggle with his hypocrical stance is funny, just afraid his head will explode. Especially true when JSerra started to beat the Monarchs at their own game recently.

So let’s be done with this charade and open up all transfers. Schools can chose to accept or decline whomever they want based on the brand they want to build. Otherwise, if we keep the current system, all we’re doing is creating extra work for parents and schools alike without any real or meaningful barrier to switching schools.

It’s up to a school and program to offer a sufficiently competitive option and create the demand needed to attract and retain these kids. Survival of the fittest. MD finally discovered that notion. 4-6 will do the trick apparently.

If a school, such as Bosco, MD, the other Trinity programs, Narbonne and Cen10 want to pursue taking it to a higher level and build true all-star teams, then so be it. But segregate then into their own regional or national league with like minded programs (Trinity, Cen10, Narbonne, DeLaSalle, Gorman, etc). It is the envetible, logical conclusion to the current trajectory of HS football.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:46 pm

MDDad wrote: That's true of almost every transfer in every sport at every high school in the country. That makes it kind of a pointless truism, doesn't it?
No, it IS the point.
Sweetness34 wrote:
I know I'm going to get heat for this, but the bottomline is, MD had no beyond Davis at LB. Yeah, there may have been kids who play service team LB, don't have it to play at this level.
Tough. Then that's what you go with. Servite bringing in McKibbin is the same thing. The Friars had very little returning talent at QB, but they did have people who could have played the position. I would have preferred they went with Damien Moun.

Sometimes you're going to have a week senior class, that's just the way life is.. Like MD did in 2011, and Servite did in 2012. That 2011 team was Rollinson's FINEST HOUR, in my opinion. While they missed the playoffs, they came within 7 points of beating the league champions, and were throwing a Hail Mary on the last play of the game, that could have tied it or won it with a 2pt. conversion. And, by the way, the MD QB who threw that Hail Mary, just hit his first major league homerun for the Colorado Rockies. Way to go Ryan McMahon!
BBB wrote: But segregate then into their own regional or national league with like minded programs (Trinity, Cen10, Narbonne, DeLaSalle, Gorman, etc). It is the envetible, logical conclusion to the current trajectory of HS football.
I agree. Start a league with Mater Dei, Bosco, Centennial, Narbonne, De La Salle and Gorman. Either that or have them all go freelance.

And above all, have your ADs refuse to schedule them for non-league games. At least you can control that.
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:40 pm

This may eventually go intra-state play....... if many or most schools refuse to schedule these uber teams they will have to look elsewhere for games and competition... they will ramp it up get even more exposure and more money will come to the high school game.. FOX SPORTS here we come!

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:17 pm

some guys who lean conservatively on the political side would agree with him and hope for some form of regulation, while a liberal leaning guy is OK with MD dominating as the football school of choice

Freedom of choice is a distinctly American value, not a liberal or conservative one
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

downtothewire

Post by downtothewire » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:40 pm

SK80 wrote:This may eventually go intra-state play....... if many or most schools refuse to schedule these uber teams they will have to look elsewhere for games and competition... they will ramp it up get even more exposure and more money will come to the high school game.. FOX SPORTS here we come!
I keep saying it....eventually HS football will go the "club" format like it is in European sports. Face it, HS football at the top levels is a business, so it might as well start operating like one, out in the open, money freely exchanging like its no tomorrow. Get the money out of the game of HS football, get the mercenaries into clubs and all-star teams ala IMG, and everything will return to normal.

Bick

Post by Bick » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:39 pm

DTW - to expand on your suggestion, I think it's spot on directionally. For those schools that want to do the transfer bit, I say knock yourself out...more power to you. But once you exceed 5 xfers in a year, you won't be playing for a CIF title. You can play in a freelance national championship v. the IMG's of the world. Play a 9-11 game schedule against the very best in the country. Less wear and tear on the D1 kids. It's a win-win.