[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Some polling nuggets - Orange County Forums

Some polling nuggets

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Some polling nuggets

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Re: Some polling nuggets

Postby Omar Bongo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:38 pm

Only about half of American adults believe that the nation’s elections are fair and open, according to an IPSOS poll. That includes 43 percent of Democrats and 68 percent of Republicans

Like immigration that's another one that could have more than one interpretation.

For Dems that could include alarm over the Citizens United decision, repeated attempts at voter suppression, the watering down of the Voting Rights act, rampant gerrymandering, foreign entities meddling in favor of the GOP, etc.

For Republicans it could signify paranoia about the "Deep State" and those millions of illegals voting for Dems...
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:27 am

I hear about the "Deep State" all the time from my conservative friend. I have to give the Russians credit for realizing how easily it is to manipulate that group.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:39 am

From Electoralvote.com

Interpreting polls in the Age of Trump is no easy thing, but these headlines might be missing the point. First of all, those numbers among independents are pretty ghastly, especially for a president who has very little margin of error to work with if he wants to be reelected. More precisely, he got between 48% and 52% of the independent vote in the three states that he won by a combined 77,000 votes. The evidence is mounting that he won't do nearly as well the second time around.

Second, and more importantly, the big news in the two weeks (or so) before Trump's European trip was that he was at 90% approval among Republicans. The President even bragged that he was doing better than Abraham Lincoln (overlooking the minor point that Old Abe died 60 years before polling began). Just about a quarter of those 90% are now unhappy enough with what they saw that they were willing to tell a pollster about it. Perhaps every one of them will fall back in line behind the Donald, but the smart money says some do not. And again, this is a president with very little margin for error—he can't afford to bleed 2 or 3 percent of his support. Put another way, we wondered on Monday whether or not Donald Trump had reached his tipping point. That is a question that cannot be answered right now, but what we can say is that this is exactly what it looks like when such a moment arrives.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:19 pm

Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:50 pm

All those have proved are the situational morals and patriotism of the evangelicals.

Which wasn't a surprise. Despite their claims of piety and patriotism they are the biggest sinners and America haters in our midst.

Red

Postby Red » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:45 am

I am pretty sure you are going to find millions of democrats are going to cross the isle and be Americans again. No honest hard working tax paying worker of both parties want their taxes raised nor intelligence officials determining our President. Good for them. Welcome to the big tent.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:48 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:38 pm

Red's occasional calm, literate posts are always intriguing...it's like he's a completely different person :2cents:
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Not true. Democrats used to be Americans and now there will be MILLIONS of Americans that used to be Democrats.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Red

Postby Red » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:20 pm

I have no idea why I was so angry before. I am calmer because everything predicted came true.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:00 pm

That the Trump administration would be an unmitigated disaster is the clearest prediction that I see came true.

And with Trump's meddling in the economy with Tariffs and what not, the long sustained economic momentum built up by the Obama administration that has sustained the economy up to now, will likely make a precipitous turn south.

I sure hope this country wises up and disowns the Republican Party as currently constituted. Starting in November.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:30 pm

George Will

Donald Trump

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Americans' Views of the Top Problem Facing the U.S.
What do you think is the most important problem facing this country today?
July 1-11, 2018
%

Immigration/Illegal aliens 22
Dissatisfaction with government/Poor leadership 19
Race relations/Racism 7
Unifying the country 6
Lack of respect for each other 6
Healthcare 3
Ethics/moral/religious/family decline 3
Poverty/Hunger/Homelessness 2
Guns/Gun control 2
Education 2
Judicial system/Courts/Laws 2
Environment/Pollution 2
Crime/Violence 1
The media 1
National security 1
School shootings 1
Children’s behavior/Way they are raised 1
Drugs 1
Wars/War (nonspecific)/Fear of war 1
Terrorism 1
International issues, problems 1
Abortion 1
Welfare 1
Situation with North Korea 1
Elections/Election reform 1
Foreign policy/Foreign aid/Focus overseas 1
Situation with Russia *
Social Security *
Advancement of Computers/Technology *
Care for the elderly/Medicare *
War/conflict between Middle East nations *
Situation in Iraq/ISIS --
Lack of military defense --*
Gay rights issues --
Situation in Syria --
Energy/Lack of energy sources --
Other non-economic 7
No opinion 3

* Less than 0.5%

https://news.gallup.com/poll/237392/sat ... edium=copy

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:25 pm

Dissatisfaction with government/Poor leadership 19*

*1 out of 5 polled
George Will

Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:29 pm

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:41 pm

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:19 am

A FB friend asked his conservative friends to point to an example of "fake news."

Not surprisingly, none of them could.

The only stories that were pointed as inaccurate also had to be recognized when a correction was also printed.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:21 am

Return to “National”