A Bosco JSerra D1 final

cruiser

Re: A Bosco JSerra D1 final

Post by cruiser »

Well, I'm VERY surprised at a running clock to end the game. JSerra looked like MD did last
week. I believe JSerra was a national top#25 team coming into the game?
jb914

Post by jb914 »

Bryce wasn’t 100% but he looked plenty mobile. If that was him playing through pain, that’s pretty freaking impressive.
I think he was playing thru the pain. Kid's got grit.

What impressed me most was MD front mauling the JSerra Oline. 59 yards rushing. Stats Bell, 4-42, Street, 11-17. most of that was Bells TD run. =D>
jb914

Post by jb914 »

cruiser wrote:Well, I'm VERY surprised at a running clock to end the game. JSerra looked like MD did last
week. I believe JSerra was a national top#25 team coming into the game?
JSerra did not look in sync. They seemed to kinda give up in the 2nd half.

I've never seen an MD team give up. Never.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

A lot of it was the MD front seven pretty much shut down Street and the MD secondary
come to play this time.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

FatherSonHolyHldbcks wrote: Bryce wasn’t 100% but he looked plenty mobile.
Plenty mobile? You could see that clearly something was wrong the first time he went back to pass and couldn't find anyone open...instead of taking off, he just kinda stood there and took the sack. First time I've seen him do that all year.

He was obviously about 50%...he took off a couple of times later in the game, but he was nothing like his usual self and you could plainly see it was affecting his touch as well...overthrew a few wide open receivers.

Way to gut out the win
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

cruiser wrote:I believe JSerra was a national top#25 team coming into the game?
#6 on the Calpreps/Maxpreps computer, probably largely due to their performance against SJB
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

Donald Trump
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks »

jb914 wrote: thanks for the commentary, very entertaining! :cheers:
:2cents: --:-- :cheers:
FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks »

jb914 wrote: I think he was playing thru the pain. Kid's got grit.

What impressed me most was MD front mauling the JSerra Oline. 59 yards rushing. Stats Bell, 4-42, Street, 11-17. most of that was Bells TD run. =D>
No doubt he has toughness, one of his biggest strengths. Was still moving around and making plays, throwing darts for touchdowns inside and outside the pocket with a busted ankle, shredding USA Today's #21 team in the nation for just under 300 yds. A week after getting humbled by SJB and allegedly leaving on crutches. That's leadership. I'm sure his coaches and teammates gained even more respect for the kid tonight.

The Monarchs front absolutely stonewalled JSerra, which is very impressive. The Lions have arguably the best OL mentor in HS football in Harlow, a lot of talent and size, and have played a tough schedule of DLines. No one, including Bosco, dominated JSerra in the trenches like Ware-Hudson, Bennett and Co. did tonight. Street a little over 1 YPC. Bell with a 39 yd TD, and 3 other carries for 3 yards. Geez. :shock:
Red

Post by Red »

As you were saying? BTW, ask your coach to put MD on the schedule next season. :wink:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
Daforno

Post by Daforno »

Street made a good move to transfer, at MD 3rd string at best, maybe punt or kickoff, too bad I thought he was OK at MD
he was absent last night!
J Serra on a giant stage with ALL the momentum, THIS WAS THE TIME!!! to make your statement, I think even with Harlow, J Serra is "soft" in that I think they felt ALL the pressure, MD just punched them in the mouth, and J Serra blinked

No sweat get in the playoffs surprise the first round opponent then gone.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

I think you're a front trying to make MD fans look bad, nobody can be this obtuse...can they?
George Will

Donald Trump
SK80

Post by SK80 »

MD got hit and dropped to the canvas, like a great fighter they got off the canvas and won big in the next round.

I think some here thought a scenario where MD got hit so hard by SJB they may not recover. The did in a fashion one expects of great teams. Not every day or game will go your way no matter how great you are. Injuries aside, MD has a few more rounds to get it done.
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
Red

Post by Red »

MV? LOL
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.
Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo »

MD got hit and dropped to the canvas, like a great fighter they got off the canvas and won big in the next round

Remember playing war when you were kids and fighting over who got to be the Marines and who had to be the Germans?

Last night was like JSerra saying "Okay, I'll be you, and you can be Bosco"
George Will

Donald Trump
SK80

Post by SK80 »

was that considered
role play" or in this case ROLL OVER PLAYING!
"don't try to tell people what I think when they can read what I actually said and I won't return the favor, okay?" ~ O. Bongo
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Omar Bongo wrote:#6 on the Calpreps/Maxpreps computer, probably largely due to their performance against SJB
I'll have to take a quick look again but I think JSerra was somewhere in the USAtoday
national top 25 also, before the MD game, man; I'm still surprised MD put a running clock on
them - big loss at left tackle for MD, has to hurt when you lose one of the
premier HS jr class offensive lineman in the nation, someone will have to step up.

In a side note,paper said MD was also missing two starters before the start of the game.
watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 »

The BEST thing to come out of last nights game was that because JS could not even muster a first down we did not ever have to hear even once:
"LION NATION"
Playthegame

Post by Playthegame »

Impressive win for the Monarchs...just goes to show you anything can happen in HSFB on any given Friday night!

How will JSerra respond?
OutOfState

Post by OutOfState »

cruiser wrote:In a side note,paper said MD was also missing two starters before the start of the game.
Yes they were already without William Nimmo and Kody Epps. They have been without Mase Funa, their best defensive player, the whole season.
daddyooo

Post by daddyooo »

Playthegame wrote:Impressive win for the Monarchs...just goes to show you anything can happen in HSFB on any given Friday night!

How will JSerra respond?
They play their arch-rival Santa Margarita this week. The opportunity to put a historical beating on their arch-rival will serve as motivation, much as JSerra played the role after MD got spanked by Bosco.

JSerra/SM is in the process of becoming one of the best rivalries in southern California HSFB. Not only are the two schools proximate there's lot's of bad blood at all levels-staff, coaches, administration, etc.