Bosco vs San Clemente

BoscoBrave

Bosco vs San Clemente

Postby BoscoBrave » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:39 am

What are the chances San Clemente pulls off the upset? Back when they played in 2011 San Clemente was the favorite and kicked Bosco’s tail. Are they close to being that good this year? Bosco by 14.

ColSixPack

Re: Bosco vs San Clemente

Postby ColSixPack » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:50 am

They need to cook up some of that MAGIC they had against Mater Dei way back in 95!

OutOfState

Postby OutOfState » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:17 am

I have a lot of respect for San Clemente and I'd love to see them shock the world but I'd be surprised if Bosco didn't put a running clock on them.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am

SC is a great team and program, Ortiz runs one of the best publics. But all logic says a team made up of exceptional recruited players to the extent a SJB does would have to do more than drop the football, over and over for me to entertain the idea a SC could beat them.

IF SC should pull "the upset" get ready for a Hollywood script to be written and another movie based on the "underdog"!

BoscoBrave

Postby BoscoBrave » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:57 am

I hope you’re all right.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:49 am

Come now, for Bosco to lose to San Clemente, hell would have to freeze over...

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Bosco holding OneTownOneTeam to OneTouchdown tonight. Ex Friar Ex Monarch Trent McDuffie the Triton Killer tonight: punt return TD, rushing TD and an INT.

Some talk about MD penalties in their blowout of MV potentially being a problem, SJB had a ton of flags in this one like they have all year. Some of that is on the teams, but it is well documented how dispicable CIFSS refs have been this season. They’ve got to shape up in these playoffs, just as much as team discipline does.

Some indefensible calls still being made this late in the season. No one is there to watch the zebras.

the bravery

Postby the bravery » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:08 pm

As a graduate and ex football player at SJB I would like to apologize to the San Clemente fans for what I witnessed last night. The unsportsmanship, arrogance, complete disregard for gamesmanship and showboating displayed by the team was utterly embarrassing.
The coaching staff is ultimately to blame but the administration that allows this to continue is is lacking in leadership and devoid of morality.
Yes of course I would love to see my beloved Braves win and succeed in the CIF SS as I have since graduating from the great school decades ago. Back then Coach Friedrich and his staff demanded excellence but never at the cost of Catholic Salesian values.
This circus we see now, although highly successful, has absolutely no concept of the humility, faith and fellowship that embodies the legacy of St John Bosco the man. If we are up by 42 point in the 4th quarter why is the 1st string throwing deep to embarrass a clearly outmatched opponent? These are young impressionable teens that we are purposefully humiliating. Is this what we represent?
It was cringeworthy to see a Triton receiver extend his hand out to a Bosco DB after a competitive play and watch the SJB DB turn his back dismissively and walk away.
The parents and fans in the stand add an extra layer of viciousness. Taunting opposing players for their mistakes, cursing at the officials with loud profanities in front of toddlers, young children just because Bosco was flagged for yet another blatant unsportsman like penalty. I definitively doubt any of them could even tell you what it means to be a Salesian much less know what one is.
I understand that wins and championships are worthy goals but at what cost Bosco? Do we sell out our values, principles and the core of what made out school stand out? Sad day.

SK80

Postby SK80 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you for sharing bravery, I'll hold further comment for now.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:32 pm

the bravery wrote:Source of the post The unsportsmanship, arrogance, complete disregard for gamesmanship and showboating displayed by the team was utterly embarrassing.

the bravery wrote:Source of the post If we are up by 42 point in the 4th quarter why is the 1st string throwing deep to embarrass a clearly outmatched opponent? These are young impressionable teens that we are purposefully humiliating.

I don’t think it was that ba...

1020AE69-B258-469E-A346-877928A4D408.jpeg

Ok yeah, Negro and #BraveNation probably need to chill. Kris Hutson taunting all of San Clemente in the end zone with his little ball-glue routine, while up 48, probably didn’t help.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Postby FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:43 pm

the bravery wrote:Source of the post It was cringeworthy to see a Triton receiver extend his hand out to a Bosco DB after a competitive play and watch the SJB DB turn his back dismissively and walk away.

Chris Steele has to have something spicy to write in his weekly USA Today blog (“The Steele Curtain” - appointment reading!).

the bravery wrote:Source of the post The parents and fans in the stand add an extra layer of viciousness. Taunting opposing players for their mistakes, cursing at the officials with loud profanities in front of toddlers, young children just because Bosco was flagged for yet another blatant unsportsman like penalty.

To be fair, the Uiagalelei family DOES have a lot of cousins. Big Dave and DJ can’t be held responsible for ALL of them. DJ is turning 18 in a few months, these could be his last games!

the bravery wrote:Source of the post I definitively doubt any of them could even tell you what it means to be a Salesian much less know what one is.

Now on this one, I can say Negro is making an effort. I mean he had Nike put Salesian Bosco messages and stuff right there on their game pants! How could they not know?

EB56C358-92B5-4F9C-AE08-BE3D7B537162.jpeg
EB56C358-92B5-4F9C-AE08-BE3D7B537162.jpeg (20.79 KiB) Viewed 688 times

48F883C1-65DF-4B09-BA92-2FD53B57091D.jpeg

1906DB89-1EEA-442A-AA2B-C3FB931DCF49.jpeg
1906DB89-1EEA-442A-AA2B-C3FB931DCF49.jpeg (21.25 KiB) Viewed 688 times

In all seriousness, great points. Negro, his staff, players, parents and fans could all use a big dose of that humility. As Bosco SuperFan Chad Johnson would say, it’s “refreshing to humanity.”

Exocet 98

Postby Exocet 98 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Great win, my bud nub and I could not be happier !! Congr
ats SJB !! :mrgreen:

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:29 pm

One of the motives for running up the score may be the feeling that the bigger the score, the more likely they can hold on to the #1 ranking in the country. Teams didn't use to care so much about such things.
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

BB bos

Postby BB bos » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Its the new OC as he doesn't stand on the field, he's in constant state of attack mode in his bunker upstairs or in last nights case on the lift. I'm hoping its just his freshman need to prove himself and his offense is better than Chads.

....Yes unfortunately he was laughing after the play call for the 80yd TD

The parents are no help with 42-0 calling for more with our starters still in.

I get keeping the D starters in and still playing hard

BoscoBandWagon

Postby BoscoBandWagon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:10 pm

Bravery....what?
Your highly out of touch with the current program. Come down and see a game for yourself. What ever you think you see is not there.
There were penalties but literally for playing to hard, or to fast. The sideline ref said this was the fastest HS game he ever saw.
As for the td up 42-0. It was bosco's 19 play of the game. Dj finished 6 for 9. They were up 42-0 early 3rd qtr and still had under 20 plays of offense. All they were doing was running their offense to get better. Dj needs more than 9 live passes in one game. This is the d1 playoffs, not pop Warner everybody gets a trophy bs.

BoscoBrave

Postby BoscoBrave » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:05 pm

BoscoBandWagon I agree 100%. The people who live this life with the boys daily know the truth. Bosco is every bit as much a Salesian school as it’s ever been.

FriarJoe

Postby FriarJoe » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:30 pm

I hope so. The behavior I saw from the Bosco fan base at a Bosco JV game a couple of years back was absolutely disgraceful. To call it totally street thug/ghetto would be an understatement. Haven’t been to a Bosco game since but I certainly hope that element is no longer present there.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 pm

6-7 years at a MD/Bosco frosh game at MD, the Bosco fans got so heated at MD fans that
Santa Ana PD had to be called to calm the storm, fyi

Credo ut intelligam

Postby Credo ut intelligam » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:39 pm

BoscoBrave wrote:BoscoBandWagon I agree 100%. The people who live this life with the boys daily know the truth. Bosco is every bit as much a Salesian school as it’s ever been.

I'm pretty sure two of Don Bosco's most memorable exhortations were about "taking 4-star transfers from your rivals" and "running up the score while taunting your opponent." He was also a big proponent of wearing the "turnover chain" and having plenty of alternative helmet designs.

So yeah, I guess you're right.

Professor Fate

Postby Professor Fate » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:53 pm

OUCH! :lol:
Well, obviously we have giant butterflies in CA. They's climbin' in your windows, They's snatchin' your people up, tryin' to steal 'em. So y'all need to hide your kids, hide your stars, and hide your coaches cause they're grabin' everybody out here.

Return to “High School”