Democrat Election Interference

Credo ut intelligam

Democrat Election Interference

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:04 am

Good enough for the Russians, good enough for the Democrats?

From the New York Times:
Secret Experiment in Alabama Senate Race Imitated Russian Tactics

As Russia’s online election machinations came to light last year, a group of Democratic tech experts decided to try out similarly deceptive tactics in the fiercely contested Alabama Senate race, according to people familiar with the effort and a report on its results....

The project’s operators created a Facebook page on which they posed as conservative Alabamians, using it to try to divide Republicans and even to endorse a write-in candidate to draw votes from Mr. Moore. It involved a scheme to link the Moore campaign to thousands of Russian accounts that suddenly began following the Republican candidate on Twitter, a development that drew national media attention.

“We orchestrated an elaborate ‘false flag’ operation that planted the idea that the Moore campaign was amplified on social media by a Russian botnet,” the report says.
Read the Times article here.

But I'm sure someone will soon explain that this NYT story about Democrats using Russian disinformation tactics is itself a Russian disinformation project. Next we'll hear that Hillary never actually deleted 30,000 emails under Congressional subpoena nor did she even set up a private server to avoid FOIA requests; the Russians planted all those stories in the press. That, or "deplorable" conservatives just made it all up.
Last edited by Credo ut intelligam on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Fate

Re: Democrats Election Interference

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:19 am

That can't be. Vilepagan assures us that only the GOP uses slimy, underhanded tricks like that. :roll:
Make Them Cry Again In 2020

Credo ut intelligam

Re: Democrats Election Interference

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:12 am

I think he called it "Republican Scumbaggery at its finest." Very measured and unbiased in its tone, I thought.

Professor Fate

Re: Democrat Election Interference

Post by Professor Fate » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:19 am

I believe you are right. Of course you realize that you just took away his chance to contradict me. :lol:

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:16 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: I think he called it "Republican Scumbaggery at its finest."
I did, and it was, and thank you for repeating it yet again.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:40 pm

You notice how when the Trump Haters are confronted with a fact that contradicts their self-righteous narrative, they are nowhere to be found. :hide:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:06 am

Might be because your examples are usually false equivalencies.

Trump was getting assistance from a hostile foreign government.

Not the same.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:08 am

No, but I do notice you don't seem to be very observant. No one's gone anywhere, but if you're not getting the responses you think you deserve, perhaps you have an over-inflated view of the value of your opinions.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:24 pm

"Time for hearings into election meddling by Silicon Valley elites."

Darn those pesky "elites". :roll:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:
What was done that is illegal?
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:09 pm

True, likely nothing illegal here, but extremely shady, which is why the guy is apologizing in the national press.

The headline on the tweet was meant to point out the vacuous and hypocritical nature of the two-year media/Democrat hyperventilation over alleged Trump-Russia "collusion", for which ZERO evidence has been put forth, despite the best efforts of people like Bob Woodward and Mueller's $30M team of Democrat donors.

broman

Post by broman » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote: But I'm sure someone will soon explain that this NYT story about Democrats using Russian disinformation tactics is itself a Russian disinformation project. Next we'll hear that Hillary never actually deleted 30,000 emails under Congressional subpoena nor did she even set up a private server to avoid FOIA requests; the Russians planted all those stories in the press. That, or "deplorable" conservatives just made it all up.
I guess we don't need to comment then. :roll:

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote:
The headline on the tweet was meant to point out the vacuous and hypocritical nature of the two-year media/Democrat hyperventilation over alleged Trump-Russia "collusion", for which ZERO evidence has been put forth, despite the best efforts of people like Bob Woodward and Mueller's $30M team of Democrat donors.
The investigation is ongoing. I don't know why anyone considers Woodward to be an authority given that he is not on Mueller's team.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:43 am

Credo ut intelligam wrote: The headline on the tweet was meant to point out the vacuous and hypocritical nature of the two-year media/Democrat hyperventilation over alleged Trump-Russia "collusion", for which ZERO evidence has been put forth...
Ah yes, the old "no evidence" line of nonsense as if you'd be privy to any evidence that Mueller might have. No, you'll just have to wait like the rest of us to see what evidence Mueller might have.

I would add that trump doesn't act like Mueller has no evidence.

Vilepagan

Post by Vilepagan » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:44 am

broman wrote: That, or "deplorable" conservatives just made it all up.
Yeah, let's go with that.

Credo ut intelligam

Post by Credo ut intelligam » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:26 pm

You guys can pin your hopes on Mueller until the cows come home, but the FACT is there is ZERO evidence of Trump-Russia "Collusion." Didn't happen. End of story. Prepare to be disappointed. Don't be the last ones to figure out this was all a hoax launched by the Hillary campaign as an excuse for their horrible candidate blowing the election.

Think about it, if there was any evidence it would have been leaked long ago.

Even Saturday Night Live figured out the jig was up 9 months ago:
Bachelor Finale Cold Open - SNL. Becca K. (Cecily Strong) is shocked to learn Robert Mueller (Kate McKinnon) can't commit to charging President Donald Trump with collusion.

Professor Fate

Post by Professor Fate » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Credo ut intelligam wrote: Think about it, if there was any evidence it would have been leaked long ago.
Yeah, EVERYTHING else has been leaked almost immediately...this would have been leaked for sure, if they had anything at all on that front.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:39 pm

I don't recall any leaks from Mueller's team.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Omar Bongo

Post by Omar Bongo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 pm

The more frantically Trump Lovers bleat about "NO evidence of collusion!" in the face of all the other investigations of possible illegal behavior, the bigger the smile on my face gets. Happy New Year, guys!
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump