Trump to Run in 2020 to Avoid Prosecution

seeinred

Trump to Run in 2020 to Avoid Prosecution

Postby seeinred » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 pm

This IS by far and away the most ludicrous and scariest thing I’ve ever heard of!!! Think about that... running for POTUS to stay out of prison?!?!?!!!!
Snip- If President Donald Trump is re-elected in 2020, he will win more than another four years in the White House. He might also delay or even dodge any criminal prosecution.
https://www.politico.eu/article/us-president-donald-trump-biggest-2020-win-avoiding-prosecution-mueller-investigation/amp/

Vilepagan

Re: Trump to Run in 2020 to Avoid Prosecution

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:54 am

From your article:

But long-standing Justice Department protocol dating to the Watergate scandal holds that a sitting president can’t be prosecuted when he’s in office.

I think this idea needs to be changed.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

RPW

Postby RPW » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:51 am

So people knowing he will be prosecuted would vote to keep him in office? :eh?:

That is a strong and loyal political base.
I am The Voice of Reason

seeinred

Postby seeinred » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:22 am

You are right RPW. And as the WaPo OpEd reports, this is largely due to Fox News being the "State TV" for the President. It's sole purpose has become to both push and lead the President's agenda.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed

RPW

Postby RPW » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:45 am

I did a test of watching Fox News for 2 weeks straight to gauge the information and opinions given.

I strongly believe that Fox targets people with the IQ of a snail. The topics, the comments and the suggestive nature they provide news is awful. They make claims that no reasonable person should believe.
I am The Voice of Reason

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 am

RPW wrote:Source of the post I strongly believe that Fox targets people with the IQ of a snail.

What have you got against snails? :wink:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:03 pm

RPW wrote:I strongly believe that Fox targets people with the IQ of a snail. The topics, the comments and the suggestive nature they provide news is awful...

Did you see any footage from CPAC this week? The President humping the flag was probably one of the less outlandish things said and done. That's the FOX target audience.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

RPW

Postby RPW » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:32 pm

Trump during Presidential Campaign: "We will build a big beautiful glorious wall and Mexico pays for it!!"

Trump snail supporters: "Yes!! Build that wall"

Trump February 2019: "I never said Mexico was going to pay for the wall. Its not like they will give me a check. You Americans will pay for it in taxes, but the tax cut I gave to the rich will reap the benefits"

Trump snail supporters: "Yes!! That is okay!! Build that wall"
I am The Voice of Reason

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:24 am

RPW wrote:Source of the post I did a test of watching Fox News for 2 weeks straight ....

Really? If so you are a stronger man than I. I could not stomach Fox News for two weeks. Nope nope nope.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:50 am

RPW wrote:Source of the post I did a test of watching Fox News for 2 weeks straight to gauge the information and opinions given.

Their model is genius. They report on some newsy type stuff for the first couple hours of the day. Then spend the rest of time having so called "experts" explain why you should be outraged and angry.

It has done a great job of brainwashing the intellectually lazy into believing why their pathetic lot in life is someone else's fault.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW

Postby RPW » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 am

Here is another issue I have with Fox News, is the the portrayal of people of color. Example is the two women they have tap dancing and singing on TV - Diamond and Silk. They are a joke and an embarrassment.
I am The Voice of Reason

Return to “National”