First Charges filed by Mueller

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:51 pm

The scariest line I saw was that this is what a Trump 2020 victory will look like.

And a DOJ spokesman said it will be weeks before a public version of the report will be available. Hang on to your hats.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:00 pm

No skin in this topic, but man; some people hate Trump so much that they just can't let it go.
Now, to the middle road people,it just seems like overkill, if the Dem's keep it up,it could
actually help Trump for 2020, could Trump actually win again because of the Dem's consistent fury
with the topic, Trump now has the upper hand, personally I would just cool it and let it be.

broman

Post by broman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:13 pm

Just saw George Papadopoulos on MSNBC talk about meetings with Russians while bringing in contact with the Trump campaign. Same pattern emerges, meetings with Russians and lies and denials from the campaign. Why?

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:40 pm

John Q. Public wrote:The scariest line I saw was that this is what a Trump 2020 victory will look like.

And a DOJ spokesman said it will be weeks before a public version of the report will be available. Hang on to your hats.
He could win a second term. I don't discount the possibility.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:32 pm

In the very early polling, only Biden and Bernie poll better than Trump. Harris is a very distant third. Like single digits third.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:41 pm

A plurality of Americans aren't falling for the Republican gaslighting offensive.
...[A] new POLITICO/Morning Consult poll shows the political fog around the president remains.

The poll shows a plurality of voters, 47 percent, think Trump “tried to impede or obstruct the investigation into whether his campaign had ties to Russia” — despite the fact that Special Counsel Robert Mueller didn't reach a decision on the question*. Thirty-nine percent don’t think Trump tried to impede the investigation, and 14 percent don’t know or had no opinion about whether Trump tried to obstruct the investigation.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/ ... on-1238013
* We don't know that for certain. The opinion that was released on it was Barr's.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Drs. Note
Attachments
Dr.  Note.png
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:18 pm

broman

Post by broman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:06 pm

Glad somebody else is thinking like me...

The letter says the Justice Department won’t prosecute Trump, but it reaches that conclusion by tailoring legal standards to protect the president. Here’s a list of Barr’s weasel words and what they’re hiding. The Russian government.” The letter quotes a sentence from Mueller’s report. In that sentence, Mueller says his investigation didn’t prove that members of the Trump campaign “conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.” The sentence specifies Russia’s government. It says nothing about coordination with other Russians

“In its election interference activities.” This phrase is included in the same excerpt.
It reflects the structure of the investigation. Mueller started with a counterintelligence probe of two specific Russian government operations: the production of online propaganda to influence the 2016 U.S. election, and the hacking of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton’s campaign. These are the two operations Mueller targeted in his indictments of Russians last year. If Barr’s letter is accurate, Mueller seems to have decided to confine his examination of American complicity to those two operations.

“Agreement—tacit or express.” A footnote in Barr’s letter says the special counsel defined coordination as “agreement—tacit or express—between the Trump Campaign and the Russian government on election interference.” The letter doesn’t clarify whether this definition originally came from Mueller or from the Justice Department. This, too, limits the range of prosecutable collusion.
https://slate.com/comments/news-and-pol ... ading.html

Believe it or not, the person who publicly predicted this situation was Rudy G. =D> Well played sir.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 am

cruiser wrote: No skin in this topic, but man; some people hate Trump so much that they just can't let it go.
Now, to the middle road people,it just seems like overkill, if the Dem's keep it up,it could
actually help Trump for 2020, could Trump actually win again because of the Dem's consistent fury
with the topic, Trump now has the upper hand, personally I would just cool it and let it be.
Where "Dems," including many independents and democratically (small "d")-minded Republicans stand on this - imagine if all we knew of the "Whitewater" investigation was a short summary of what Janet Reno thought was important, saying there wasn't enough evidence to charge Clinton with real estate fraud and finishing with the tag, "while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him."

That's where this investigation stands at the moment. The "lying to Congress" part came after Starr's report was turned over to them. We've yet to see if Mueller's intention was turn his findings over to Congress or federal prosecutors for prosecution. That could be the case or it could not be the case but we don't know that at this point.

broman

Post by broman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 pm

cruiser wrote: No skin in this topic, but man; some people hate Trump so much that they just can't let it go. Now, to the middle road people,it just seems like overkill, if the Dem's keep it up,it could
actually help Trump for 2020
If a person was a middle of the road type, I don't believe, or don't understand how they would be so critical of the Dem's overkill surrounding Trump and not be equally critical of Trump.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:06 pm

And keep in mind that Mueller could have recommended that Congress or the DOJ prosecute whatever it is that he wasn't exonerated on. Best reason I can think of, besides "that's the way democracy normally works" and "we're the employers here," to release at least some public version of the report. Donald wants us to think that Barr's letter was the final word but I don't see how it could be.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:13 am

Even tough it was announced that Mueller's grand jury is still deliberating on... something, and we still have no idea what the report says. If Barr doesn't make some kind of statement to that effect I might start thinking he's part of the conspiracy.

Luca

Post by Luca » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:31 pm

I’ve been too busy to respond to some of the more curious posts, but “the conspiracy”?............Luca

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:06 pm

Sorry, maybe I should have gone with "concerted disinformation campaign." Either way, Barr doesn't seem to be especially concerned that the entire GOP leadership is purposely misconstruing his words in an effort to obstruct the next phases of the investigation(s).

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:07 am

Democracy fans are calling it a cover-up.

Wabash

Post by Wabash » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:27 am

It's pretty obvious the White House strategy is to scream "NO COLLUSION" as long and as loud as possible. Hoping to end the discussion.

That will work with those who would vote for Trump regardless. There is enough polling out there that shows a plurality of Americans believe the report should be made public.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:07 am

As always, look at the "Independents" column.

Red

Post by Red » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:50 pm

OMG! How funny. Quoting the NPR poll. That's hilarious! You guys just cant accept the truth.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:22 pm

It's over! - even the most liberal of TV/cable are staying away from the subject if they can, MSNBC and
CNN took a ratings dump when the report came out!