First Charges filed by Mueller

Wabash

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby Wabash » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:55 am

Not that anyone is surprised. Sanders admitted she lies on the podium.

This coming from someone who claims to be a good christian.

#shockednotshocked

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

RPW

Postby RPW » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:12 pm

After all of this, nothing will happen to this guy.

He most likely will be re-elected and run the largest Ponzi scheme funded by the dumbass people that vote for him.
I am The Voice of Reason

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:20 pm

I would agree. The only way to affect this presidency is to vote him out.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:56 pm

It sounds to me like Mueller said he couldn't indict because of precedent, not because he didn't have the evidence, and he left that decision to Congress. I doubt Congress will do it, at least for now. Politically speaking, justice be damned, an impeachment right now would give Pence a year and a half of carrying out Donald's plans but not being such a buffoon - if it's successful. If it isn't - and the way politics has been lately there's no guarantee they'd have the votes - it hurts the Democratic candidates, probably bigly. I have a feeling having the specter of impeachment in their back pockets might be the better strategy for the Dems.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:23 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post I have a feeling having the specter of impeachment in their back pockets might be the better strategy for the Dems.

I would think that the best election strategy for the Democrats would be to point to the Mueller report and say "look who you elected last time"...but that presupposes that trump's base gives a crap that trump's a buffoon.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:24 pm

Wabash wrote:Source of the post The only way to affect this presidency is to vote him out.

Really it's not...just ask Lincoln or Kennedy. :hide:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:31 pm

Wrong. There's a third option.

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Wow, Vilepagan; are you really that low of a person - pretty despicable on your part!

broman

Postby broman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:49 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Wrong. There's a third option.

“The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intents present difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred,” Mueller wrote. “Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.” Mueller began by noting that the Office of Legal Counsel in the White House wrote in a 2000 memo that sitting presidents can’t be indicted because it would undermine their ability to oversee the nation’s criminal justice system
http://time.com/5573289/robert-mueller- ... n-charges/

Same with Barr, Tucker Carlson had a media career before Trump, why the need to lie?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:01 pm

I'd rather Mueller had explicitly said "that's for Congress to decide" rather than using language that only people who know about such things would understand, but he doesn't seem to have. So watch for the all-out blitz to discredit anything Congress does, now.

And yeah. I agree with Cruiser. Pretty out of line, VP.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:12 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Really it's not...just ask Lincoln or Kennedy. :hide:

I'm not a Trump fan. I didn't even let thought enter my mind.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:22 pm

And keep in mind that removing Trump by impeachment (or otherwise) gives Pence the advantage of incumbency. I doubt that's anything the D's want.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:41 pm

broman wrote:“The evidence we obtained about the President’s actions and intents present difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred,” Mueller wrote. “Accordingly, while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

That’s clear enough. An investigation’s purpose is to find out whether a crime occurred. It’s not to prove a negative, i.e. that no crime occurred. You can’t prove a negative and don’t need too. That’s not how the justice system works. The entire investigation was triggered by a highly suspect “dossier” partly financed by political opponents and then took on a life of its own. All the wasted media energy on this fiasco and God knows how many self assured posts by you guys. Impotent ventilating. Sound and fury. All for nothing.

And you still can’t accept it, still trying to prove it was Col Mustard with the candelabra in the library. ‘Those damned commies put a Manchurian candidate in the White House’. Christ, Joe McCarthy on his most manic days couldn’t have dreamed up more incoherent nonsense.

I told you weeks ago: it’s over. You can fantasize about killing an American president (class act, as usual, pagan), but the fat lady has sung, I’m afraid..............Luca

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:12 pm

cruiser wrote:Source of the post Wow, Vilepagan; are you really that low of a person - pretty despicable on your part!

Wow, cruiser...ever read a history book? :roll:

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:21 pm

Jeez guys, seriously?

Throughout history people have been killing leaders they thought were corrupt, incompetent, or otherwise unfit for office for one reason or another. I was neither recommending it nor endorsing it, nor "fantasizing" about it (shame on you Luca) just observing that it's just another way for people to remove one of their leaders. And you guys all had a cow...unbelievable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:25 pm

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post So watch for the all-out blitz to discredit anything Congress does, now.

Luca wrote:Source of the post You can fantasize about killing an American president (class act, as usual, pagan), but the fat lady has sung, I’m afraid.

You forgot the Kool-Aid smiley. His declining to indict was a referral to Congress, which is the only agency with that power. And there's plenty of material in there to indict him on. Whether they will or not is up to them.

And again, nothing in the dossier has been disproved or discredited.

BTW, Australia says now that the investigation is over it can release the documents pertaining to the real reason the investigation was started. Your "highly suspect dossier" talking point is about to officially expire.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm

Luca wrote:Source of the post That’s clear enough. An investigation’s purpose is to find out whether a crime occurred. It’s not to prove a negative, i.e. that no crime occurred.

Wouldn't that depend on what's being investigated?

At any rate in this case we're well aware of the purpose of the investigation.

You can’t prove a negative and don’t need too. That’s not how the justice system works.

Sure you can, at least for many practical purposes, and the criminal justice system is one place where it's done every day.

The entire investigation was triggered by a highly suspect “dossier” partly financed by political opponents and then took on a life of its own.

No, the investigation was NOT triggered by the dossier. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

I told you weeks ago: it’s over.

You told us a lot of things, many of them of questionable veracity.

You can fantasize about killing an American president (class act, as usual, pagan)...

Yeah, and you can fantasize about me all you want...although it does seem a bit odd that you would feel it necessary to do so. Perhaps if you spent less time fantasizing about my motives you might have time to learn the truth about the topic so you wouldn't make so many errors in your posts.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:38 pm

Luca wrote:Source of the post You can fantasize about killing an American president...

Do you find the idea of killing an American president more morally repugnant than a leader of a foreign nation?

I found your wording to be curious.

Luca

Postby Luca » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:49 pm

Vilepagan wrote:Yeah, and you can fantasize about me all you want...although it does seem a bit odd that you would feel it necessary to do so. Perhaps if you spent less time fantasizing..........

I can certainly understand why you might want to hope so, pagan. I’m sorry, but it’d never work out............Luca

broman

Postby broman » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Luca wrote:Source of the post I told you weeks ago: it’s over.

This is what Mueller told us today
“While the investigation identified numerous links between individuals with ties to the Russian government and individuals associated with the Trump campaign, the evidence was not sufficient to support criminal charges,”
…the Campaign expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,”
http://time.com/5573768/mueller-report- ... -contacts/

Stick around this time, and explain why we should pretend this is normal.

Return to “National”