[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Because the intarnets hate Conservatives - Orange County Forums

Because the intarnets hate Conservatives

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Because the intarnets hate Conservatives

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:30 pm

Yawn. Here we go again. Donnie Jr. complains because Twitter's parental filter catches white nationalist dog whistles. Same with Devin Nunes, so rather than turning the filter off he sued 'em, by golly. And that meanie cow, too.

Now the TOS Violator in Chief called Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter, to the White House to tell him how mean Twitter is because his follower count went down the last time they purged Russian bots. And it's too hard to sign on! :eh?:

As Molly Jong Fast tweeted, "Because Lincoln totally would have called @Jack to the White House to complain about his followers."

Poor picked-on Republicans.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Because the intarnets hate Conservatives

Postby John Q. Public » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:36 pm

Seems they hate me, too. Their new update made it hard to copy URLs to embed.

What you have to do is hit the little down arrow, just like before, then you click "embed", then scroll up on the page it send you to and copy that URL. And then you click your Back button to go back to where you were, except it takes you to the top of the feed and you lose your place. I have a feeling that might be changing. ](*,)

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:22 pm

Seems a lot of people are misunderstanding the 1st Amendment and the definition of "defamation" these days, including Justin Fairfax, the lieutenant governor of Virginia, who's suing CBS for defamation because they interviewed the woman who said he'd assaulted her.

But what brought me here is Twitter today refusing to reveal the names of the person or persons behind the "Devin Nunes' Cow" and "Devin Nunes' Mom" user names. Nunes is suing them for trolling him and Twitter for allowing it and claiming that they'd "defamed" him.

twitter on nunes cow.jpg

And as the owner of a forum with a rule against defamation and who's gotten his share of fake Cease and Desist emails, I totally agree with Twitter and the trolls. Spreading a rumor accusing someone of doing something illegal or immoral is defamation; calling them a moron, a fake farmer, Trump's stooge or just being a pain in the ass for them is not. Trolls are really, really, really annoying but they generally aren't breaking any laws.

You go, @Jack! :thumbsup:

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:45 am

Gee, could stuff like this be why "Conservatives" get "shadow banned?" Social media's so unfair.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:24 pm

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:57 pm

Don't forget "Cancel Culture." Or is it "Kancel Kulture?" Mean Mr. Lefty has taken away their rights to speak. Like Twitter did with the above (veiled) death threat. And like you and I do here constantly. :roll:

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:38 pm

When I hear conservatives complain about the restrictions placed on them by having to behave PC. I ask what has being PC prevented them from doing.

Other than not being able to use slurs and act boorishly.

I never get an answer.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:16 am

Except I hate to call them "Conservatives" anymore. There's still a whole lot of Conservatives out there who don't agree with all the nonsense the Trumpsters are putting out. Conservatism is still alive and it still has a lot of valid points, but the Republican Party seems to have been taken over by racists, rednecks, paranoid gun nuts and religious extremists.

I found this graphic a couple days ago that I thought was interesting.

republican party makeup.jpg

The caption does NOT describe the graph, though. Maybe there was something behind the paywall that did but there's nothing in the graph that says people have left the party. It does show how its makeup has changed, though. And it only shows the changes in the last year! Moderates and Conservatives on principle have shrunk by 11 percentage points, Tea Partiers - whatever that is these days - have increased by two points and religious conservatives have increased by 9 points. It's possible that some of the secular and moderate conservatives are identifying themselves differently, but 51% of the party now identifies as religiously conservative. It's an entirely different party than it was even ten years ago.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:35 am

And here's another one. Edward Dickinson Tayloe II, one of the people suing Charlottesville, VA over removal of the Robert E. Lee statue, is suing a local paper, the reporter and a professor she interviewed for her story for saying, correctly, that his family was one of Virginia's largest owners of slaves. And I don't think Virginia has an anti-SLAPP law, which is why Nunes and his Earthlink lawyer are filing all of their frivolous suits there. If you can't beat them, try to silence them with lawsuits.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/charlotte ... ng-history

Return to “National”