[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
First Charges filed by Mueller - Page 60 - Orange County Forums

First Charges filed by Mueller

Wabash

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby Wabash » Tue May 07, 2019 9:21 pm

The question is still legit given Barr's response.

They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue May 07, 2019 10:13 pm

Great minds discuss ideas
Average minds discuss events
Small minds discuss people

I suggest setting your sights on events.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 08, 2019 4:58 am

Fair enough. If that is the metric you just stated there are numerous small minds on this board. Since their sole focus is the alleged transgressions of the Clintons.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 08, 2019 7:30 am

Mr. trump has decided that the entire Mueller report is protected by Executive Privilege. Next stop, the courts.

Wasn't someone just saying that this is over? :roll:
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 08, 2019 8:18 am

I can just imagine the look on the judge's face when Barr tells him he wants to un-public-domainisize the report.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 08, 2019 9:17 am

Wabash Jr. had a class in college taught by a professor who had written a book. The professor (who had worked for the CIA) had written a book that had not been approved by his superiors. The government sued and won. Part of the verdict was that he had to forfeit all royalties and buy back all the sold copies he could find.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 08, 2019 9:50 am

More importantly. Why exert Executive Privilege over a report that you claim exonerates you?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed May 08, 2019 10:10 am

Except Barr himself made the report public. And Donald waived executive privilege when he allowed its release and when he allowed McGahn to testify. Not sure on Mueller because he's a DOJ employee still, but I kind of doubt Barr can legally block Congress' request for him to testify, it being a co-equal branch and all. It's almost like they're trying to gaslight the law and the Constitution with this stuff and it doesn't work that way.

broman

Postby broman » Wed May 08, 2019 6:51 pm

The Senate Intelligence Committee issued a subpoena to President Donald Trump's eldest son, a source familiar with the matter said.

Trump Jr. received the subpoena to appear before the committee as a follow-up to his prior testimony as part of the Republican-led panel's ongoing Russia probe. Democrats have long suggested that Trump Jr. lied to congressional investigators about his actions and statements during the 2016 presidential campaign

“Don continues to cooperate by producing documents and is willing to answer written questions,” said a person close to Trump Jr., who wasn’t authorized to speak on the record. “But no lawyer would ever agree to allow their client to participate in what is an obvious PR stunt from a so-called 'Republican' senator too cowardly to stand up to his boss [Democratic Sen.] Mark Warner and the rest of the resistance Democrats on the committee.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... jr-1312707

Senator Burr, let me introduce you to the Trump bus....

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu May 09, 2019 2:56 am

This from the FOX News judge...

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Did Attorney General Barr deceive Congress?

What's going on here? It is clear that Barr's four-page letter, about which Mueller complained to Barr and some of Mueller's team complained to the media, was a foolish attempt to sanitize the Mueller report. It was misleading, disingenuous and deceptive. Also, because Barr knew that all or nearly all of the Mueller report would soon enter the public domain, it was dumb and insulting.

Barr knows the DOJ is not in the business of exonerating the people it investigates. Yet he proclaimed in his letter that Trump had been exonerated. When the report revealed 127 communications between Russian agents and Trump campaign officials in a 16-month period, and the expectations of those officials of the release of Hillary Clinton's hacked emails, that is hardly an exoneration.

Was Barr's testimony before Congress deceptive? In a word: Yes.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-a ... e-congress

Looks like some of trump's allies aren't blindly willing to throw their reputations out the window.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Thu May 09, 2019 8:19 am

Marco Rubio says Barr should resign.

Oh. No. Wait. Eric Holder should resign. He was talking about a Democratic AG. That's different.

Isn't Necro-Twitter fun?

Wabash

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby Wabash » Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Trump is stating that Barr will decide whether or not Mueller testifies to congress.

I know Trump is playing stupid for his base. The AG has no jurisdiction over who testifies.

Congress is a co-equal branch of government.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Your Daily WTF

Postby John Q. Public » Thu May 09, 2019 9:39 pm

Mueller is a DOJ employee. Barr likely can do whatever he pleases.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri May 10, 2019 3:04 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri May 10, 2019 6:53 am

Yup. And all of his team. They're also employees of the Executive. I'm starting to think Congress might have to actually declare impeachment proceedings to get any cooperation. And I'm not even sure if that would help.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri May 10, 2019 7:42 am

Is Mueller an employee now?

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri May 10, 2019 8:06 am

I believe Trump wants Barr to be the guy who puts his neck on the line by saying "no," but more likely it's an acknowledgment that the President knows he can't really stop Mueller, and that if he tries it would just result in an embarrassing and high profile defeat.

Mueller will be testifying. I'd bet on it.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri May 10, 2019 8:08 am

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 am

Donald feigning innocence and blaming Mueller for his own HR decision.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri May 17, 2019 8:37 am

He was only going to hire the best people.

Return to “National”