Hottest recruit in Orange County

KuppRunneth

Re: Hottest recruit in Orange County

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Glad to see there are others who love the kid, Clark Phillips. What an outstanding young man. Love seeing the big programs take notice. So humble.

Did Garbers come out of nowhere? Wasn;t he just competing for the starting job at CDR this time last year?

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:23 pm

Garbers is the younger brother of former CDM star QB Chase Garbers (Cal), so his emergence at CDM isn’t a surprise. Him throwing for a record 55 TDs last year, including 6 against FV and 7 against NH, was a surprise. According to the Daily Pilot, he “arrived” in October:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... utType=amp

He has good film and blew up as a recruit this offseason. I believe he recently said his dream school was UW so this is not a completely unexpected commitment. Chris Petersen doesn’t like his commits going on other trips so this one is likely all wrapped up. Probably also rules out any chance of Bryce Young reconsidering Washington when if Helton gets fired by SC.

Will be interesting to see if UW takes two QBs in this class, given they currently have 5 on scholarship and have the top 2021 QB recruit in the country (Sam Huard) already committed. Hopefully Garbers doesn’t end up as a sandwich recruit.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:12 pm

RedPillWonderland wrote:Well speaking of Ethan Garbers, hot off the presses:

I guess he was taking no chances letting that that Washington QB spot go to someone else. Congrats to the kid. That’s the best program on the West Coast right now. He must really like the fit, as he took a bunch of recent campus visits and had a growing list of options to choose from.
I think I can shed any light here.... :wink:

Red Pill summed it up pretty well, obviously he has recently decided to wear a Sea King Crown !!!

Ethan is no stranger to the QB roll as his brother Chase was obviously on elf the best to recently come out of Orange County. The younger Garbers has had plenty of time to take in what his brother taught him as well as the coaching the CDM program and the Garbers family provided for their kids. These two brothers are students of the game and attend many a QB camp.

The older Garbers had much success and that put a much debate if the younger kid Ethan could live up to that. Add to the equation the uncertainty you had with what many were calling the next greatest QB from OC in General Booty just a grade behind. There were a lot of people questioning how all this would go.

I knew he would be a very good QB. Was not certain if he would be good enough to keep Booty off the field. I watched these kids close. Booty leaving shook the program but looking back the coaching staff had these kids looking forward not in the rear view mirror. This all helped Ethan get settled so he could become the QB he has. His brother graduated ahead of him and his competition was gone behind him. He was finally comfortable and given the reigns. And remember this is a bunch of kids whom have grown up together. It was back to the fun of football not the pressures.

As for the Huskie recruiting yes it was hard, in fact Washington is all over CDM and Ethan is headed up with Mark Redman and Bradley Schlom this weekend. If you understand this recruit game part of it is getting an early commit then get that commit (especially a QB) to get others to join him. You gotta believe Garbers will be doing all that this Spring in camps and all summer at 7v7's. "COME PLAY WITH ME"!

Redman has an insane list of schools to choose from recently USC and Alabama. Big ten Ohio State and Michigan are really playing to win him and Wisconsin is out there too. UCLA and Chip Kelley have offered all three Sea Kings to come Garbers, Redman and Humphreys!

RPW, I think they may stick with one as you said they have a few QB's right now and I can't believe Garbers would take the commit otherwise. He has schools as far as Miami and Georgia ready for him. I think Washington has given him some security here. Just an assumption for the record.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm

Not wearing a crown yet SK ... you’ve got that covered!

Among the CDM Triplets, I’m maninly interested in whether Johnny follows in Mom, Dad and sister Kelsey’s footsteps at the Farm, or chooses somewhere unique like Notre Dame or Miami instead. Been watching his big brother since he played wideout and safety on the MD freshman team.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Servite one-and-done transfer Blaze McKibbin made a delayed commitment to Fresno State today:

McKibbin held scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Nevada, San Jose State and Louisiana (Lafayette).

-

“Ultimately it kind of felt like home to me,” McKibbin said. “Coach Langsdorf and Coach Tedford, they really speak for themselves with their backgrounds and their portfolios. I really just admired the blue-collar atmosphere at Fresno State and the college town it is.”

“It’s an amazing opportunity and I couldn’t wish for anything better,” McKibbin said of Fresno State. “I truly think there is no better place in the country for a quarterback than Fresno State.”

-

Sounds like he’ll stay in Fresno for at least his freshman year.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:58 am

RedPillWonderland wrote:Not wearing a crown yet SK ... you’ve got that covered!

Among the CDM Triplets, I’m maninly interested in whether Johnny follows in Mom, Dad and sister Kelsey’s footsteps at the Farm, or chooses somewhere unique like Notre Dame or Miami instead. Been watching his big brother since he played wideout and safety on the MD freshman team.

But just in case what size is that noggin! :lol:

Right now I would say safe pick is Stanford, I know what kind of student this guy John is and can be. As far as education that is a tough one to turn down and its not like Harvard where you have to sacrifice prime time D1 ball for a degree.

I think there are some whom think Notre Dame is in serious consideration. Then there is USC where family has played athletics. What will be real interesting is the Washington story now as I have never seen a bond between two guys like I see in E Garbs & J Hump. This weekend Redman will travel to Washington, I believe he will get the BIG sell. Accompanying them will be Schlom whom doesn't get the recognition the other guys get but look at the catch stats. He is what Edelman is to Brady.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 pm

@SK80

Who could have seen this coming???

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Good for Humphrey's and Stanford.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 am

Nothing like following in your fathers footsteps! Ya it would have taken something super special to lure him away from the Cardinal. I thought maybe the Garbers commit to Washington could be something of a draw. But nothing apparently could overshadow his life long dream and as far as academics go its hard to say no to Stanford.

Here is a quote from 247sports in which he admits to which offers he really considered.
https://247sports.com/Article/John-Hump ... 130014833/

"Humphreys actually made the decision to commit to the Cardinal on Monday but waited to announce so he could inform the other schools of his decision. His final six also included Duke (older brother Ben was a three-year starter and two-time All-ACC LB at Duke), Notre Dame, UCLA, USC and Washington."

With over 20 the list was short. What I only question is what weight did the QB position have on this as Stanford will graduate KJ Costello and the sophomore there is Davis Mills whom was the #1 rated Pro Style QB in his class coming out of Georgia.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:43 am

TE Mark Redman chooses UW Huskies over Alabama, Ohio State and more...
April 6, 2019 at 2:06 pm Updated April 6, 2019 at 4:50 pm

10202018_UW-COL_171151-768x493.jpg
Ethan Garbers currently throws passes to Mark Redman at Corona Del Mar High School in Newport Beach, Calif.

Now, it seems that connection will continue for at least the next few seasons in Seattle.

Saturday afternoon, Redman — a 6-foot-6, 250-pound tight end — joined his teammate and close friend by announcing a verbal commitment to Washington. He joins Garbers and three-star offensive lineman Gaard Memmelaar in the Huskies’ 2020 class.

Redman chose UW over offers from the likes of Alabama, Arizona, Arizona State, Georgia, California, Colorado, Louisiana State, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M, USC, UCLA, Wisconsin and more.

And, to be clear, all those coaches weren’t the only ones recruiting.

more: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw- ... w-huskies/

JR. TE Mark Redman Corona del Mar H.S.

That is a "TRI-DENT" of talent..... :shock:
LATCDM3.png

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:01 am

WOW 3 starters to those 3 top of the chart schools, CDM congrats!!!!!

They should run the table this year what division do they play in?

That coach from Wash is the real deal he did in at Boise State, and now the Pac 12.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:56 am

Mission Viejo , DE, Lance Kenley, 6'5 220 lbs, has been getting alot of offers latley.
His father was a beast at DE too. Matt Kenley, 6'6 290 lbs and could run, played at USC and the NFL.
MV has really been making some off season moves , with SM QB Costelli and now picks up, 3 school in 3 years, transfer Brandon Seaward, RB / SLOT, . Started at CDM with (Booty, now at JSERRA,) then bounced to Newport Harbor, now at MV.
Hard to keep track of all these moves. I guess they had to get someone, since, TJ Griffin, is off to Rancho Cucamonga now.

Newps

Post by Newps » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 am

HTL,

Seaward never started at Cdm. He left after his Frosh year to NH thinking the grass was greener there. Spent his Soph year mostly on the bench at NH. Now he will be a nice practice squad player at MV.

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:35 pm

should mv be better or worse this coming year. looks like they lost their qb (but offset by costelli coming) lost their running back, and their top 3 receivers. looks like defensively they bring back a decent amount but losing forest and arnold is tough on the back end.

SK80

Post by SK80 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:39 pm

Grass greener at NH....? :roll: He wasn't going to get what he thought he might at CDM and left.... and as Newps stated basically sat. Not sure what moving to MV will do for him outside having a bigger O-Line.... :eh?:

SK80

Post by SK80 » Fri May 31, 2019 6:56 am

I think this haul in one day constitutes “Hot Recruit”!
49B30680-FEF1-40BE-988C-B21498AC565A.jpeg
D423FEC3-0234-42DB-A281-0A97E3AACB16.jpeg
F636A8BB-1061-4E21-B239-492707BD7492.jpeg

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Fri May 31, 2019 10:52 am

SK80 wrote:QR_BBPOST I think this haul in one day constitutes “Hot Recruit”!

yeah, but Diesel17 will say he's been terrible and not even the best on his team.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:57 am

RIP Diesel...Trilian and Peter were going to compete for the job but after Trilian troubs, the cream rose, and with PC3’s speed it fits well in up tempo spread scheme, RPO etc...PC has cemented the role, the checks been cut...

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:19 pm

Diesel17 really did decide to hide out for being so wrong, huh?

Disappointing

Diesel17

Post by Diesel17 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:17 pm

Stand by what I said, Costelli is the hottest recruit in OC but that does not change the anything. He has not been very good at Mission. He's been very inconsistent and was not very good in MV final scrimmage. He as well as Braeden have been underwhelming. Don't let offers fool you into thinking a player is very good.