[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Kicked Out - Orange County Forums

Kicked Out

Sixth Man

Kicked Out

Postby Sixth Man » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:27 am

Why have so many regular contributers been kicked off this forum? It sure is going to make for a boring football season without Bick, Red, MDDad, Luca, SK80, et al.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Kicked Out

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:50 am

None of them were kicked out. They chose not to contribute. Unfortunate for our other members and the high school sports community at large, but it was their choice.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Sixth Man

Postby Sixth Man » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:58 am

I don't understand. They contribute all the time. Politics? Doublespeak? 1984?

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:02 am

Is it just possible it is because some posters just make up stuff and are really annoying?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:54 am

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:40 pm

templar83

Postby templar83 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:46 pm

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:59 pm

Theirs.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:07 pm

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:09 pm

Well, for all the all time high of 385 people that have ever posted on this board at one time (maybe I even posted) out of the 3.19 million people that live in the OC, I hope maybe someone's post helped , but...

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:17 pm

Small niche of a small market. What can I say? Why doesn't the Register have as much traffic as the NY Times. Or the LA Times, for that matter?

2002tony

Postby 2002tony » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:15 pm

John, just to give a possible answer to" why" since you asked ( like you dont already know), NY Times is based in New York City with a population of over 8 million, LA Times coverage area is much larger ( I think it is more then 4 x larger) then OC Registers and with a greater condensed population (like NYC) to draw from then in the OC. I could go on with a lot more but you can see that comparing the OC Register to those two just is an unfair and weak comparison on so many fronts.

Something you said earlier was more to the point that many just get tired of the hate and the overwhelming amount of BS some posters were aiming at them so they just stopped. It just gets old and if you want to post during the season you may put up with some of it but why put up with it in the off season too.

A lot of us read what is here, just have no need to add our own 2 cents or at least not in the off season.

KuppRunneth

Postby KuppRunneth » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:46 am

A couple of those posters mentioned are not around because, well, they acted like they knew it all only to be proved to be wrong. Its no coincidence, in my opinion, when MD added a couple of players I was criticized for mentioning as transferring to MD, those posters disappeared.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:11 am

MD haters on this side, Trump haters on the other. Probably not a good formula for happiness.

Not that they're all MD or Trump fans, but when those are the dominant stories, they're what people are going to talk about.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 am

Sorry the site's slow today. No idea why.

watchersince68

Postby watchersince68 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:06 am

A small niche is the answer. There is a bunch of old guys like me who have the time and opportunity to read about and support high school sports. Most of this group has some real connection to their alma mater and have real and good information. Then sprinkle in gossip mongers, fake news guys, (this one you'll like) rabble rousers and a few youngsters still at the school and so the forum exists. My bet most of the guys who haven't posted in a while are still looking in when convenient, they just choose not to be belittled. So which one are you?

Exocet 98

Postby Exocet 98 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 pm

I check this site now and then but only post on the National Board.

Scarleg

Postby Scarleg » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:20 pm

I haven't posted much in the last few years but I do check this board several times a week and the people that left are the ones I feel contributed more than most. My favorite all time Poster - Luca who backed away some time ago is a big surprise to be on the "List". I hope this isn't the beginning of the end.

thefrog

Postby thefrog » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:45 pm

Indeed it has been a ghost town

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:02 pm

Yep, if not for the FB guys during the FB season, and other then John Q., and his group of seven or eight
posters (the mutual admiration society) that post on the national topic section, this message board
would have been laid to rest already - I think a lot of the FB guys will going over to another board
this coming season. I don't know if John Q, is retired or what but he obviously puts in a lot of time
to keep it running - to bad that it is becoming a ghost town maybe it will pick up but I don't know if
I'd want all the hassle when you are only getting maybe a 30-50 average on-lookers for this board,
when I checked in earlier today, it had only 19! total viewers on the board, sometimes it's even less! - to me, it's not worth it but if you have nothing else to do, then ; hey, why not, makes the time go by...

Return to “High School”