Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Domingo

Re: Transfer News? It’s that time of year again!

Post by Domingo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

I was talking to Ben Humphreys at the Mission Tournament this past weekend as he was there to watch his younger brother play. I asked him he was rooting for and he said he told me that he was pulling for his brother. I asked him why his brother John hadn't followed in his footsteps to Mater Dei and he just shook his head and said politely, Mater Dei isn't what it was when he was there. He didn't have to say anything else.

I'm not singling out Mater Dei here as the rest of the Trinity League is essentially doing the same thing. One of the comments I repeatedly heard from CDM parents was, "I didn't know there were so many black Catholics in Orange County...hahahaha". It's a shame that these schools have sold out to keep up with Bosco. Free or next to free tuition for football players. I really wonder if any of this would have happened had Jason Negro not gone to Bosco. Interesting thought.

RPW

Post by RPW » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:38 pm

wow... that was interesting.

Maybe those blacks at Duke should be warned about him. {copy & paste}
I am The Voice of Reason

Red

Post by Red » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Domingo wrote:I was talking to Ben Humphreys at the Mission Tournament this past weekend as he was there to watch his younger brother play. I asked him he was rooting for and he said he told me that he was pulling for his brother. I asked him why his brother John hadn't followed in his footsteps to Mater Dei and he just shook his head and said politely, Mater Dei isn't what it was when he was there. He didn't have to say anything else.

I'm not singling out Mater Dei here as the rest of the Trinity League is essentially doing the same thing. One of the comments I repeatedly heard from CDM parents was, "I didn't know there were so many black Catholics in Orange County...hahahaha". It's a shame that these schools have sold out to keep up with Bosco. Free or next to free tuition for football players. I really wonder if any of this would have happened had Jason Negro not gone to Bosco. Interesting thought.
When it comes to racism, Domingo never fails to disappoint.
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

bodhi

Post by bodhi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Funny thing is Bosco has more white guys than MD. Bosco is more white than when Kiki was the head coach. Kiki had three nfl players on one team and the got beat by MD by 50 his last year. He also had more transfers than Negro has had but nobody cared cause they never won. bottom line it’s not about white or black but MD is not the same program they use to be.

fortheloveofthemoney

Post by fortheloveofthemoney » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:32 am

by bodhi » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 pm

“He also had more transfers than Negro has had but nobody cared cause they never won.”

You must be smoking that expensive crack lol..

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:53 am

Its obvious the whole landscape of the high school game on every level has changed.
It has turned into college sports in terms of recruiting and bringing kids in. The Catholic or PRIVATE schools
have been doing it forever. I remember when Derek Brown was supposed to be a La Habra High lander and ended up at Servite. Many, many moons ago. Some kids / families / coaches take it to a whole other level. Kids go to 5 high schools in 4 years. Common denomenator is......, kid # 1 is horrible, #2 cant get along with coaches/ #3 me guy, /#4 looks like tarzan, plays like Jane. It could be all 4?? Its so sexy to have a transfer though??? lol :lol:
How about neighborhood kids, hard work, team first,??? It shows from freshman year in a "program" how kids develop, and by the time they are juniors or seniors they are well oiled and all running like machines. Not today, instant gratification on every level!

RPW

Post by RPW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:42 am

Domingo wrote: I'm not singling out Mater Dei here as the rest of the Trinity League is essentially doing the same thing. One of the comments I repeatedly heard from CDM parents was, "I didn't know there were so many black Catholics in Orange County...hahahaha". It's a shame that these schools have sold out to keep up with Bosco. Free or next to free tuition for football players. I really wonder if any of this would have happened had Jason Negro not gone to Bosco. Interesting thought.

All those white Catholic's are gonna hate the new Gatorade commercial. Features only those pesky black athletes.

Gatorade Rivals SJB vs MD commercial
I am The Voice of Reason

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:59 pm

hit the lights wrote:Its obvious the whole landscape of the high school game on every level has changed.
It has turned into college sports in terms of recruiting and bringing kids in. The Catholic or PRIVATE schools
have been doing it forever. I remember when Derek Brown was supposed to be a La Habra High lander and ended up at Servite. Many, many moons ago. Some kids / families / coaches take it to a whole other level. Kids go to 5 high schools in 4 years. Common denomenator is......, kid # 1 is horrible, #2 cant get along with coaches/ #3 me guy, /#4 looks like tarzan, plays like Jane. It could be all 4?? Its so sexy to have a transfer though??? lol :lol:
How about neighborhood kids, hard work, team first,??? It shows from freshman year in a "program" how kids develop, and by the time they are juniors or seniors they are well oiled and all running like machines. Not today, instant gratification on every level!
Well stated.

Al Koholik

Post by Al Koholik » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:20 pm

Red wrote:When it comes to racism, Domingo never fails to disappoint.
I love you Red but... I’m failing to see the racism. Regardless of a posters perceived history, that’s a serious and quite personal accusatory stretch for the observations shared in the referenced post.
Race and Religion aside, you and I both know that the quote from Humphreys, whether he actually said it or not, is 100% true. The landscape of MD football has changed dramatically in the recent past. Not saying it’s right, wrong, good or bad. I have my opinions but regardless, it doesn’t change my view of ROLLO, Money, Whitey or the rest... they’re doing what they have to do to compete at the highest level, the MD standard. Unfortunately you can’t compete at that level utilizing the MD model that worked pretty well for Rollo’s first 20+ years. Core MD kids sprinkled, like all the good teams, with some impact transfers (and plenty of non or negative impact as well). Sadly, as the elder Humphreys allegedly expressed, those days are long gone. Is part of the new formula more black athletes? Of course it is. Is that a racist statement?
The same could be said about the influx and value of the dramatic increase of Polynesians on the MD roster as well. Yes, they’ve always had poly players. And they’ve always had black players too. Just not AS many, and not AS talented as the current and recent rosters.
Long story short... easy on throwing around the R word.

Stugotz

Post by Stugotz » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Well said, Al. Your comments are spot on. Trinity is a train wreck. Not happy with the direction my Friars have taken.

RPW

Post by RPW » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Most of the player and parents of the trinity league teams read these boards. They know exactly what you think of them... I knew when my son was at Servite. I will still say it to this day... I sent my son to Servite for the education and experience. This is even after MANY parents told me be ready for the backhanded comments, under the breath tones and resentment. My son didn't show up at Servite as a start but worked his ass off and became one while getting a top notch education. Glad we avoided the **** of the Trinity and enjoyed our time.

The first person who greeted me and made me feel welcome - the father of Dan Klein. A huge factor in why we choose Servite. Patrick Cantlay's dad was also an incredible person I met those first days.

Every school is going to the get the "what's in it for me.." people but don't think a society is terrible because of a few.
I am The Voice of Reason

insidetrinity

Post by insidetrinity » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:40 pm

Don’t have the link but chase nenad transferred from sm to mission

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:31 am

Yeah it all started when we gave to women the right to vote, the evolution of the world has not been the same since.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:17 am

C'mon Al

Domingo's comments are absolutely racist. Why is it so funny that the CDM parents are confused by how many Black Catholics there are in Orange County? Why does it even matter to him? If all those same kids were white non-catholics coming from those same areas would it be some big National event? Also Domingo just started another thread asking if the last "local championship to be won by local kids was between SM and San Clemente? or something to that effect. It's all ridiculous. The fact of the matter is kids have been coming to Mater Dei from the I.E. and L.A. and Long Beach and San Clemente and all over for many many years and many of them NOT Catholic! That is clearly NOT the issue, the issue is they are minority kids now plain and simple.

On a separate note Ben Humphries was at MD just last year visiting with all his old coaches. He said at that time he really wished his Brother would have come to MD. That is was a big deal when he decided NOT to come to MD and it split their household apart for a minute. He also said it had more to do with his Mom and his brother wanting him to be able to play Basketball as well. And apparently they did not feel like that opportunity would be available at MD because of McNight's stance on his guys playing more than one sport. He has never been great about making accommodations for football players to play basketball. Not saying Ben did not make that comment Saturday but he absolutely said that last year.

Domingo

Post by Domingo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am

Al Koholik wrote:I love you Red but... I’m failing to see the racism. Regardless of a posters perceived history, that’s a serious and quite personal accusatory stretch for the observations shared in the referenced post.
Race and Religion aside, you and I both know that the quote from Humphreys, whether he actually said it or not, is 100% true. The landscape of MD football has changed dramatically in the recent past. Not saying it’s right, wrong, good or bad. I have my opinions but regardless, it doesn’t change my view of ROLLO, Money, Whitey or the rest... they’re doing what they have to do to compete at the highest level, the MD standard. Unfortunately you can’t compete at that level utilizing the MD model that worked pretty well for Rollo’s first 20+ years. Core MD kids sprinkled, like all the good teams, with some impact transfers (and plenty of non or negative impact as well). Sadly, as the elder Humphreys allegedly expressed, those days are long gone. Is part of the new formula more black athletes? Of course it is. Is that a racist statement?
The same could be said about the influx and value of the dramatic increase of Polynesians on the MD roster as well. Yes, they’ve always had poly players. And they’ve always had black players too. Just not AS many, and not AS talented as the current and recent rosters.
Long story short... easy on throwing around the R word.
Exactly. I was pointing out the obvious that many here still want to deny exists because it takes away from their respective programs accolades. RPW, Red and OCurbanlegend remind me of AOC and her "Squad". Everything is racist. Someone disagrees with you, they're racist. Pathetic.

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:12 pm

The two brothers from Bakersfield that came to SM at the start of the summer have returned to Bakersfield. It was going to be next to impossible for the senior to meet the SM graduation requirements in one year coming from a public school so they both returned home.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Domingo wrote:Exactly. I was pointing out the obvious that many here still want to deny exists because it takes away from their respective programs accolades. RPW, Red and OCurbanlegend remind me of AOC and her "Squad". Everything is racist. Someone disagrees with you, they're racist. Pathetic.
No Domingo NOT everything is racist, just most of your opinions.

When FACTS support your opinion as being racist it is what is it...
Last edited by OCurbanlegend on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OCurbanlegend

Post by OCurbanlegend » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:45 pm

4 Star LB Ma'a Gaoteote transferring from IMG to Bosco

yes the younger brother of the USC LB and Bishop Gorman standout, this must be what Kupp was referring to, but we're not that mad

BuckW

Post by BuckW » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:14 pm

Brayden Zermeno is on the move again. He left Mission Viejo for Loyola. It became real obvious no matter what he did on the field at Mission he was not going to get a shot over Chad Johnson's boy. One QB comes into MV and the two that were there were sent packing.
Last edited by BuckW on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPW

Post by RPW » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:22 pm

Domingo wrote: Exactly. I was pointing out the obvious that many here still want to deny exists because it takes away from their respective programs accolades. RPW, Red and OCurbanlegend remind me of AOC and her "Squad". Everything is racist. Someone disagrees with you, they're racist. Pathetic.
Agreed. The word has been given to so many people it has lost its actual meaning. Lets go back to a word that sometimes is forgotten. Domingo you are an *******.

Glad to help.
I am The Voice of Reason