First Charges filed by Mueller

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: First Charges filed by Mueller

Postby John Q. Public » Tue May 21, 2019 7:56 am

Vilepagan wrote:Source of the post What I find interesting is how FOX frames this as a move by the judge to side with Democrats, rather than a story about a judge upholding the law.

As far as I can tell, almost ALL of the coverage has been D's vs. R's. At the moment, the actual issues are about an unchecked Executive branch vs. the rule of law (e.g. Congress' and the DOJ's powers to investigate the Executive) but it''s been downright difficult to find any stories written from that perspective. Lawfare and (mostly Conservative) Legal Twitter have been my go-to sources lately over just about all of the mass-media sites.

The meme about Garland being the Chief Judge of the DC Circuit is a case in point. Garland is famously moderate and neutral. The meme is framing it as the case "going to one of our boys" but it's obviously not if you know the man's record. I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses to not be involved in the decision, if only for appearance's sake.

Don't look at me, I just work here.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue May 21, 2019 10:55 am

Off Topic
More Amash on his own Tea Party - “It turns out a lot of them were not in favor of limiting the size of government, they were just opposed to the president at the time.”

Duh. I disagree with his politics but I'm beginning to have a lot of respect for him.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue May 21, 2019 11:26 am

Matt Tabbibi from Rolling Stone did a great article on the Tea Party back in 2010. He detailed their mindset that explained exactly that.

This excerpt sums up their mentality.

At the voter level, the Tea Party is a movement that purports to be furious about government spending — only the reality is that the vast majority of its members are former Bush supporters who yawned through two terms of record deficits and spent the past two electoral cycles frothing not about spending but about John Kerry's medals and Barack Obama's Sixties associations. The average Tea Partier is sincerely against government spending — with the exception of the money spent on them. In fact, their lack of embarrassment when it comes to collecting government largesse is key to understanding what this movement is all about...
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri May 24, 2019 6:28 am

John Q. Public wrote:Source of the post I wouldn't be surprised if he chooses to not be involved in the decision, if only for appearance's sake.

Which is exactly what he has done. He appointed three other judges.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Tue May 28, 2019 8:32 pm

Not Mueller but a spokesman for his office.

Looking into Michael Wolff's non-credible claim that Mueller drew up a criminal indictment against Trump, law professor and author Jennifer Taub asked spokesman Peter Carr three questions:
  1. Did the document or documents ever exist?
  2. Did a document or documents that outlined potential criminal charges against the president exist?
  3. Was there ever a document or documents on Mueller's desk that identified any (or all) of the federal crimes identified in the article?

Carr's reply: "The answer to #1 and #2 are both no. For #3, the report itself identifies 1505 and 1512, among others, but not 1513 (see page 7 of Volume II, for example)."

§ 1505. Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
§ 1512. Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant
§ 1513. Retaliating against a witness, victim, or an informant

All obvious to anyone who read the report or was paying attention to Donald's tweets. All probably FAKE NEWS to those who refuse to read it. The § 1505 and § 1512 violations would be slam dunk prosecutions against anyone not protected by the Office of Legal Counsel's opinion, the "among others," maybe not so much. But those are only the (non-prosecutable) criminal offenses. The "abuse of power," "failing to uphold his oath of office" and "working in the interest of a foreign adversary (Yes, that actually could be treason, Tommy)" offenses would be for Congress to indict him on as they're violations of the Constitution and not violations of criminal law.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed May 29, 2019 10:56 am

Mueller: If we had confidence the President did not commit a crime, we would have said so.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed May 29, 2019 12:51 pm

Is it possible that even FOX News is beginning to see a problem for trump here?

Mueller's statement on Russia probe is not 'no collusion, no obstruction:' Bret Baier

Special Counsel Robert Mueller contradicted the remarks of Attorney General William Barr, “Special Report” host Bret Baier said on Wednesday.

Reacting on "America’s Newsroom," Baier told hosts Bill Hemmer and Sandra Smith, “I was struck by the tone and tenor of those remarks as he laid out his case wrapping up this report.

"This was not—as the president says time and time again -- 'no collusion, no obstruction.’ It was much more nuanced than that.”

Mr. Baier goes on to say that the summary put forth by Attorney General Barr was not an accurate assessment of Mueller's report.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/muelle ... bret-baier
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:51 am

Not sure if I should post this here or in the WTF thread, but Andrew McCarthy, Contributing Editor for the National Review and Faux "News" "expert" on the Mueller Report admitted under oath that he only began reading the damned thing to prepare for today's questioning by Congress. Says he hasn't finished Volume 2 yet. He'll get back to them, I guess. ](*,)

REP. MIKE QUIGLEY (D-IL): In the limited time I have, Mr. McCarthy, have you read the [Mueller] report in its entirety?

ANDREW MCCARTHY (NATIONAL REVIEW): Well I should say I've read all of Volume I because I knew that we were going to be discussing it today. And I've read most of Volume II.

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019 ... ort/223911

Anybody got Faux's number? Maybe they need an "expert" on nuclear physics.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:53 am

SCOTUS handed down an opinion that allows states to prosecute an individual even if they have been pardoned at the federal level.

This could affect many who lie for Trump.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:30 pm

7-2 verdict, too, with Gorsuch and RBG dissenting and Alito writing the opinion with Thomas concurring.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:30 am

My representative (Rep. Katie Porter) has come out in favor of impeachment. Which is an odd position given that that she is in a swing seat. It may indicate that suburbanites may have left the GOP fold for the time being.

Of course it's a moot point. Sen. McConnell has already stated he will kill any impeachment actions when they hit the Senate.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:38 am

Looks like Mr. Mueller will be testifying before Congress on July 17. Should be interesting to hear what he has to say.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:51 am

Trump supporters will start screaming "witch hunt" or "fake news." They are immune to someone as competent as Mueller.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:40 am

I just hope they ask the right questions and avoid grandstanding. And it will be interesting to see what kind of rants Mark Meadows and Gym Jordan go off on.

Red

Postby Red » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Rants!!!!! That's so snarky. Again, you are on the wrong side of history! Mueller is partisan hate Trump idiot. Mueller knew from the beginning the whole think was a host. But hey, you liberals love Soviet style politics. Again, prepare to be disappointed again!

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:50 pm

Just waiting for Mueller to say "What's that have to do with anything, Congressman?" when Meadows and Jordan get the mic. And Nunes! Can't wait!

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:43 pm

Red wrote:Source of the post Mueller is partisan hate Trump idiot.

Actually, he's a Republican, and has no reason to hate trump.

Red wrote:Source of the post Mueller knew from the beginning the whole think was a host.

You'll have to put that in English, Red.

Red wrote:Source of the post But hey, you liberals love Soviet style politics.

It's like you're living in another universe where up is down and right is left. Your guy is the one who cozied up to the Russians. Your guy is the one who dismisses Russian influence in the last election as nothing. Your guy is the one who demands "loyalty" to him and demands that others publicly state their loyalty, like some third-world dictator. Your guy is the one who demonizes the press as "the enemy of the people" and claims the FBI is full of "angry democrats". And after all that all you've got is to accuse liberals of liking "soviet-style politics".

It is to laugh.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:55 am

Since he didn't mention them this time. Did Red give up on believing that indictments are coming?

Asking for a friend.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:40 am

Democrats grandstanding and/or asking the wrong questions is no longer my biggest concern about Wednesday's testimony.

Al Koholik

Postby Al Koholik » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:45 pm

Amazing, but not. I’m taking the day off (unofficially of course). Can’t wait for Jordan (sexual predator enabler) and the other sycophants to further embarrass themselves by trying to impugn the integrity and intention of one so superior to them in integrity, intellect, education and service to his country.
One only need to go back and read all of the impeccable references offered by almost all GOP members, including Flippy Graham, about Mueller, his integrity, his record and his selection as SC. Oh... but that was so long ago. He’s now a partisan hack with ulterior and illegal motives.
The man who still wears his cheap watch upside down like he did in Nam where he was a hero and revered leader.
If so inclined, he would eat these idiots alive, but fortunately for them, and unfortunately for us, he will show the restraint of a man of such character and integrity and stick to the facts of the report and not much else. He won’t get into the mud, because he’s not a pig.
I’d love to see, AGAIN, the FACTS that Red feels renders him partisan and an idiot. But alas I predict that, if anything, it will be unfounded conspiracy theories from alt right sources with no factual basis to support such.
Must see TV... except, it appears, for the FOX fellatious faithful. Fair and Balanced indeed.
"A woman once drove me to drink and I never had the decency to thank her."
W.C. Fields

Return to “National”