[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Will Hillary Clinton jump into the race? - Orange County Forums

Will Hillary Clinton jump into the race?

Tommy Tar

Will Hillary Clinton jump into the race?

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:51 am

I hear more talk about Hillary Clinton jumping into the race or maybe a running mate for Uncle Joe.
Last edited by John Q. Public on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Re: Hillary Clinton.

Postby crayegg » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 am

You're joking, right?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Re: Will Hilary Clinton jump into the race?

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:27 am

Again, the only time it's appropriate to use only a person's name as a title is for an obituary.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Tommy Tar

Re: Will Hillary Clinton jump into the race?

Postby Tommy Tar » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:04 am

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:23 am

That's too funny.

Pretty sure I'm being trolled at this point.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:28 am

I'd vote for that ticket.
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:40 am

Who's floating these ideas anyway, the Trump campaign? I can't think of any other Democrats, except maybe Pelosi, who are actively disliked. I think if I was running I wouldn't want her anywhere near my campaign.

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:50 am

"I hear talk."

That could be straight out of Trump's mouth. He loves to say things like that. I allows him to just make crap up. "People are saying" is another one of his favorites.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:44 am

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:45 am

Hillary still on sideline....
At Hillary Clinton’s latest campaign stop in Oregon, the former first lady again refused to endorse any of the current Democrats running in the 2020 presidential primary, but she did highlight her experience with impeachment and essentially described herself as the ideal candidate to take on Trump in 2020.
=snip=

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/lets-s ... andidates/

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:29 pm

I hear talk about Republicans who've strapped themselves to the locomotive desperately trying to distract from the impending train wreck...

cruiser

Postby cruiser » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:13 pm

..actually Biden and Clinton could be a winning ticket if played right...

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:05 pm

I like Joe but he's squandered his early advantage...he needs to step it up to keep me on board
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

crayegg
Oversight Committee

Postby crayegg » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 am

Personally I think I'm over Joe. His big appeal was he appeared to be the "safest" candidate to beat Trump, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

With Trump's implosion, I'm more inclined to give more weight to the policies of each candidate, rather than just who can beat Trump.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:08 am

Biden is reminding me of Warren four years ago when I didn't think she had the confidence, conviction and "bigger than life" qualities to run. That's changed and I think she looks like the strongest candidate this time around. I like her but I just hope that if she's elected she doesn't get everything she wants. I think her wealth tax is a very bad idea and "Medicare for all" doesn't have near the support that opt-in Medicare does. The latter might eventually evolve into the former but I don't think it's the policy to run on.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:21 am

Oh. Hillary. She'd be a good endorsement but she'd be as toxic as a VP candidate as she was as a presidential one. Democrats' strength this year is the "anybody but" vote. Having her in the mix would take a big bite out of that advantage.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:58 pm

Deval Patrick, Ex-Governor of Massachusetts, Is Considering White House Bid
Days after Michael Bloomberg began taking steps to enter the 2020 race, Mr. Patrick’s conversations with top Democrats are the latest evidence of an unsettled presidential primary field.
=======snip===========

What are they seeing in their polls that makes them think this is a good idea? Less than a year away and the democrats still have 15 people in the race.

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:50 pm

What are they seeing in their polls that makes them think this is a good idea? Less than a year away and the democrats still have 15 people in the race

I think you answered your own question. There is no clear-cut frontrunner yet, but it's still early. The first primary is still months away

Omar Bongo

Postby Omar Bongo » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:56 pm

A new Quinnipiac University poll in New Hampshire shows former Vice President Joe Biden holding a narrow edge in the race for the Democratic nomination for president in the state.

With fewer than 100 days to go until New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary, Biden stands at 20%, with Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts at 16%, South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg at 15% and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont at 14% in a tight race for second place. No other candidates reach double digits in the poll.

https://us.cnn.com/2019/11/11/politics/ ... index.html
"Trump is what he is, a floundering, inarticulate jumble of gnawing insecurities and not-at-all compensating vanities, which is pathetic."
George Will

"How stupid is our country?"
Donald Trump

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:25 pm

There's been a lot of stirring among moderates lately, especially with Warren leading in a lot of the polls. A lot of Democrats disagree with her on Medicare for all and her wealth tax, including yours truly. But neither Bloomberg nor Patrick have her spunk, which I think is driving a lot of her appeal. Starting late hurt Beto. I don't know why Bloomberg and Patrick think they'd be any different.

Return to “National”