MD vs CC Friday, Cannot be as bad as last year

Playthegame

Re: MD vs CC Friday, Cannot be as bad as last year

Post by Playthegame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:31 am

Daforno wrote: Recall what,? Logan was considered a genius, doing so much with "only ' the kids in his attendance boundaries, Johnson was a QB guru and an offensive genius, with again "only" the kids that lived in MV!

NO ONE complained to the degree we hear all day about MD!

PLEASEEEEE, Bosco and MD just caught up and recruits better, ask Bob how his last 2 playoff appearances went!

Was a running clock used???
Ask Rollo how it was getting beat by a D2 school 2-1 in head to head but you weren't around...obviously and to the degree your Monarchs raised that bar...I cannot recall another time that kids transferred in for a season, got the title at a school then returned to their home school as soon as the fall semester was complete for signing day...not sure we'll ever see that again...

MD certainly lead the way in the Pimping war...only to get played in the end...Glorious example that no team has matched...Rentaplayer, Inc.
#AsteriskChamps

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:54 am

Yes you will the genie is out of the bottle, high school sports are NEVER going to be the same, the good old days are gone, better get used to it.

MV started this whole mess with the AG program, please don't bore me with you don't know what we are talking about, everybody knows Bob had more farmers than IOWA

Just admit that Bosco and MD "cheats" better and move on

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Daforno wrote: Just admit that Bosco and MD "cheats" better and move on
Whoa...an awakening perhaps...the road to recovery is admitting there's a problem. Won't get rid of the (*) tho and you know what they say, "Misery loves company" hence your need to put Bosco before MD in your justification for cheating...

#Bthatgurl

Daforno

Post by Daforno » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:46 pm

MD "lived " with MV cheating, and CC having the entire Inland empire as their attendance area, BUT when the "DOOR MAT" Bosco starting running the table and winning the Trinity league enough was enough!

Did any of you really believe that MD was going to sit still for that? Let Bosco clean out LB POLY and just stand by and watch?

In fact "cheating may have been too harsh a word," because all you lovers of MV football NEVER considered having 100 farmers (ALL of whom played football) cheating so shall we call it selective recruting?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:30 pm

Daforno wrote: Did any of you really believe that MD was going to sit still for that? Let Bosco clean out LB POLY and just stand by and watch?
In fact "cheating may have been too harsh a word," because all you lovers of MV football NEVER considered having 100 farmers (ALL of whom played football) cheating so shall we call it selective recruting?
What I heard was Lucifer came in and admonished the program, said where the Hell is your pride? They made a deal and the rest is history...There was a follow up on exaggeration and projection to help the believers deal with compromise and ill gotten gain.

MD was Cheating in the 90's, long before the BJ era at Mission, they would suit up like 120 kids for non league games, then Gardena Serra led the movement as Lucifer paid them a visit as well but MD just offered more resources and richer soil...

To your point MD is the Amazon of HSFB...

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:30 pm

Not to break up this FASCINATING tete a tete on Lucifer, repentance and Farmer Bob Johnson, but if we’re lamenting the performance of poor little Centennial, we might want to pause that and check back in with them in November.

The Huskies won’t be at full strength until their new free agents from around the IE become eligible/healthy later in the season, particularly LB Dylan Fulmer Jr (Eastvale Roosevelt) 6-4 WR Kevin Barnes Jr (Moreno Valley Rancho Verde) and RB Domonique Clay (Riverside Hillcrest).

They still won’t compete with SJB/MD with the current roster, but they’ll certainly have more weapons and be a different team by the end of the season.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:42 pm

We digress...

Concur 100% RP and that is typical for CC as well just in how they do get better every week, throw in the dudes that come on line and they most certainly will be better and they were able to move ball pretty good on the first couple of drives until they got to the red zone.

Also with MD's very daunting schedule they are likely to get beat up a tad. So who knows what the landscape will look like come the play offs...

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:52 pm

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: I keep hearing from elsewhere, many people expect St. Frances Academy from Baltimore, to be the team that ends the season finished at number 1 nationally.
OutOfState wrote: I caught part of the St Frances game on TV this Saturday. They definitely pass the eye test as they destroyed what was supposedly a good nationally ranked team from Miami. They have athletes at every position and they remind me of IMG from past years in terms of talent across the board. One big difference from IMG is that St Frances appeared to play with discipline and ran good schemes. They will be a big test for MD.
This St Frances Academy squad might be the biggest HS team in history. There are NFL lines that don’t have that type of size and depth across the board. But they also mostly move like you’d expect 350lb 17 year olds to move: top heavy.

I watched the ESPN telecast of their matchup with Miami Central, and while SFA did dominate, Central was drastically overrated by some polls (MaxPreps preseason national #9 MC looked and sounded like a pop warner organization on the sidelines and the field). And I would disagree that SFA ran good schemes, at least offensively. They basically ran dive and power all game, which isn’t a bad idea if you can (which they could) but isn’t exactly a good scheme.

If they weren’t doing that, they just threw a swing pass to Michigan commit RB Blake Corum, or a slant to a 6-3 WR, and told them to break tackles and score, which they did. At this point, they are one dimensional offensively. Nothing impressive about their passing game. Central sat in coverage all game, with basic fronts & no movement, and basically took an a** whooping standing still. Eric Johnson ain’t doing that.

Now, SFA’s defense on the other hand ... whew boy ... well coached DUDES

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:37 pm

if St. Frances Academy team does end up finishing the season undefeated, should they be considered better, more talented than the 2017 Mater Dei? If I remember correctly, some sports analysts consider the 2017 MD team, to be the best, most talented team in CIF or CA state history.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:27 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: if St. Frances Academy team does end up finishing the season undefeated, should they be considered better, more talented than the 2017 Mater Dei?
Lol

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:43 am

RedPillWonderland wrote:Not to break up this FASCINATING tete a tete on Lucifer, repentance and Farmer Bob Johnson, but if we’re lamenting the performance of poor little Centennial, we might want to pause that and check back in with them in November.

The Huskies won’t be at full strength until their new free agents from around the IE become eligible/healthy later in the season, particularly LB Dylan Fulmer Jr (Eastvale Roosevelt) 6-4 WR Kevin Barnes Jr (Moreno Valley Rancho Verde) and RB Domonique Clay (Riverside Hillcrest).

They still won’t compete with SJB/MD with the current roster, but they’ll certainly have more weapons and be a different team by the end of the season.
Not all transfers are alike. Some are JV kids unlike MD where there transfers come in with 10+ offers sometimes --:--

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:50 am

it was just a fun debate question, which other historic HS football teams from the past, either in California or out of state, would make an interesting match-up in terms of pure football talent and skill, with the 2017 MD team, which other elite teams of the past would you consider close to as good or just as good as the 2017 MD team?

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:27 am

SoCalFball wrote:Not all transfers are alike. Some are JV kids unlike MD where there transfers come in with 10+ offers sometimes --:--
Lol “JV” - Dylan Fulmer was the leading tackler and best linebacker at Centennial’s league rival Roosevelt HS last season before transferring to CC for his senior year — without changing residence. Kevin Barnes played VARSITY football and basketball as a freshman at Rancho Verde last year. Domonique Clay rushed for over a 1000 yards as sophomore at Hillcrest HS last season and was arguably that school’s best player.

But I guess because these guys weren’t offered by Notre Dame before being lured to CC, their coaches across the IE are good with them going to play for Matt Logan. Bigger stage and all right? Lol

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 am

WantTheNFLBack714 wrote: which other elite teams of the past would you consider close to as good or just as good as the 2017 MD team?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.maxpre ... d4a16e3ac7

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:25 am

RedPillWonderland wrote: Lol “JV” - Dylan Fulmer was the leading tackler and best linebacker at Centennial’s league rival Roosevelt HS last season before transferring to CC for his senior year — without changing residence. Kevin Barnes played VARSITY football and basketball as a freshman at Rancho Verde last year. Domonique Clay rushed for over a 1000 yards as sophomore at Hillcrest HS last season and was arguably that school’s best player.

But I guess because these guys weren’t offered by Notre Dame before being lured to CC, their coaches across the IE are good with them going to play for Matt Logan. Bigger stage and all right? Lol
That's funny because Dylan Fulmer isn't even listed on Roosevelt roster or stats for last season.
Kevin Barnes is a junior this season and didn't even record a catch on varsity level last season.

Maybe you should try to get your facts straight before commenting on specific kids.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:15 am

That’s REALLY funny because Fulmer not only is listed on Roosevelt’s rosters for 2017 AND 2018, but there is an entire 5 minute highlight tape of him making tackles for Roosevelt last season posted right to his MaxPreps page for your convenience. Seems you missed that. But lets let you tell the story Mr. Roster and Stats Man, you’ve got all the “facts” lol.

Oh and if you want to get technical on “specific kids,” your comment was that these specific CC transfers were “JV kids” whereas in reality all three are transfers from other IE varsity football programs, including Barnes, who is indeed now a junior Grid/Hooper (that means he plays varsity football and basketball and will also do so for CC). You’ll have to excuse me, the kid has been a varsity athlete (either hoop or football or both) since his freshman year at RV, and came into HS at 6-3, so the asinine “JV transfer” reference (as if he was not varsity caliber) threw me off a year.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:18 am

It seems that while you were correcting my Barnes class reference there, you also likely realized you didn’t have your “facts straight” with the “JV” comment and attempted to deflect attention from that by adding a dig at how many catches Barnes had, according to whatever Rancho Verde stat source you’re using.

So that’s shots you’ve taken at a HS rising junior kid’s college offers and now his soph. stats ... why not add a dig at whether or not he has a girlfriend? Or a father in the home? Maybe that will prove your attempted point (whatever it is) and make everyone believe that a two-sport athlete, 6-4 WR transfer won’t make a difference for the Huskies when he is eligible?? Matt Logan likely disagrees.

You also conveniently left out Clay from your “facts” rant, who was the biggest pickup of all and might be their next star RB over the next two seasons. But I’m sure he won’t get even one offer before he’s done. “JV kid” lol

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:33 pm

interesting, of course there is always gonna be varying opinions, some say the 2001 DLS team was better, more talented, according to this article:https://www.maxpreps.com/news/Azw2wLqjd ... l-time.htm

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:08 pm

Ha, what was your google search?

“Lists that don’t have Mater Dei 2017 as the best ever”

Hard to think of a better HS player, anywhere, ever, than DJ Williams.

I wonder where Bosco 2018 would be ranked on these lists had they not failed in one of the biggest moments in the history of the Braves program, against their biggest rival. MaxPreps was certainly ready to put them near the top of history, before they fell flat. I guess we’ll never know.

WantTheNFLBack714

Post by WantTheNFLBack714 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:16 pm

I typed in "best high school football teams of all-time" on google, that was one of the articles, don't blame me, I didn't write the article, lol, it's an interesting and fun discussion, to see and compare what other elite, National Powerhouse teams of the past that can be compared to the 2017 MD team, in terms of pure football talent and skill-alone, I think I remember hearing somewhere else, the only other CA H.S. teams that can be considered close but still not as good as the 2017 MD team, are the LB Poly teams of the 90s and early 2000's, certain DLS teams, but ya, i'm sure Bosco is mainly focused on winning state, a National title is only a bonus, I just hope they are really fired up and motivated, pumped up to avenge their back-to-back post-season losses to MD.