Servite - No Class Tonight

OC51football

Servite - No Class Tonight

Post by OC51football » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:02 pm

Apparently Servite was up 40-something to 7 against an unranked Division 10 school (JW North-Riverside) with under a minute left in the game and instead of taking a knee, they ran the ball in for a touchdown. Was that really necessary? That’s disgusting and embarrassing for alumni, parents and fans.

You should have had your reserve or JV players in for the entire second half and shouldn’t have felt the need to run the score up on this sub-par team. Oh wait, Servite isn’t a decent Trinity League School that would have been up 50-0 against this team by half time.

You couldn’t at least schedule a team that is Division 5 or better?

joefutbol

Re: Servite - No Class Tonight

Post by joefutbol » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:11 pm

The backup running back ran it in from 26 yards out. Sack up, Sally.

Friar4life

Post by Friar4life » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 am

Servite is not one to run up the score. If a second string running back gets loose and runs it in so be it. Passing at that point would have been running up the score.

As far as scheduling someone D-8 or better, how about this coming Saturday when the Friars take on Bishop Gorman who is currently 15 in US.

watchersince68

Post by watchersince68 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:22 am

Good golly someone to rag about that's not MD

Red

Post by Red » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:33 am

Was anybody bitten? :mrgreen:
Liberalism is like an out-of-control 5 year old at McDonalds. All the talking to and admonishment won't make a difference. They have no concept of right or wrong, they are nothing more than narcissists.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:35 am

watchersince68 wrote: Good golly someone to rag about that's not MD
I think we're just runnin out of material...finally...

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:59 am

Playthegame wrote: I think we're just runnin out of material...finally...
Or maybe, just maybe, the upcoming season is unfolding as one that'll be full of really interesting games and the board is, in the main, back to talking football.....

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:34 pm

Interesting games yes, unpredictable outcomes no...MD shut down the transfer extremes after getting fragged by a couple hired guns...who merc'd out to MD last year, took their spoils and went home...

Your attempt to claim Parity in the Trinity league vis a vis JSerra and Servite, under pretense of MD or SJB not being undefeated is more trixy Templar83 speak, they could be undefeated but not in league going into the last game of the season.

Only MDDad comes close to you in defense of the indefensible...

#log/speck

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Also for what it is worth, 2nd team anybody who works hard making the team the team deserves to get a chance to score, make plays. We do not have to protect johnny cream puffs feelings (it's just a game)...it's football which is supposed to be training for real life...and those who work hard should get a chance to playthegame...

Hopefully after getting your butt whipped you make some decisions, stay and play, or crochet...

As a player I would much rather have a good play or at least keep competing then have a team, play keep away, run the clock, take a knee and not let me get my licks in, even if they are few and far between.

Boys to men...

templar83

Post by templar83 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:30 am

Playthegame wrote: Only MDDad comes close to you in defense of the indefensible...
You still upset about those running clocks? Guess you didn't mean that tough locker room talk about johnny cream puffs and , love this one, "stay and play, or crochet". Clearly, in your case, the boys to men thing is still a work in progress....

#anonymous tough guys rule

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:52 am

templar83 wrote: You still upset about those running clocks?

Not really, when you’ve been around for awhile it’s pendulum, MV has put up more than 35 on MD, before the running clocks, back when MV was cheating better than MD lol...

OC51football

Post by OC51football » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:05 am

So...what happened last night, Servite? The “All-Star” group of Orange County Buckeyes couldn’t come through? I guess things are different when you have pads on and no longer are “Passing League Heros.”

Good luck against Bosco, MD and Serra. Gorman has a good team, but not on par with top level Trinity League teams.

OC51football

Post by OC51football » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am

Awwww. Did I hurt your feelings, Joe? If so, I can’t wait to see how you feel after the MD game.

P.S. GO BUCKEYES!!!!! Passing League Heros!

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Nope. You're an internet loser picking on 15-year olds. Keep it up, classy.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:08 pm

Did not see Gorman beating down Servite by 3 TDs, after they got worked in Hawaii by St Louis HS.

Gorman’s Soph RB Cam Barfield ran around, over and right through Troy Thomas’ defense for 3 TDs, and Washington bound WR Rome Odunze caught the other 3 TDs.

Senior WR Zedekiah Centers seems like the only kid that got off the bus in Vegas for the Friars.

OC51football

Post by OC51football » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Joe. My feelings are hurt. Let’s continue to have this keyboard fight on another thread later. Sorry if you are one of the parents that pays full tuition for your son to not play.

Redpill, wasn’t this supposed to be a down year for Gorman?

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:34 pm

My son is a bigger man than you... he's four.

RedPillWonderland

Post by RedPillWonderland » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:12 pm

Well last year was definitely a down year for Gorman, getting humiliated in their home opener on national TV 42-0 by MD, then losing to Peoria Centennial in AZ, and to an average De La Salle team. They won every game in Nevada as usual and another state title, but for a program that used to measure themselves on national games and national championships, it was their worst team in a long time.

To your point, it’s not looking like vintage Gorman this year either. They’ve already lost to the best team on their schedule (St Louis). They do play maybe the best team in Utah next week, undefeated Lone Peak, who came to LA and beat Narbonne a couple weeks ago.

But this year’s team was actually SUPPOSED to be better, bringing back some good senior talent like Penn St QB commit Micah Bowens and UDub WR commit Odunze, 3-year RB Ikaika Ragsdale, LBs Dallin Mesake and Bryan Certain, and Air Force bound S Lincoln Tuioti Mariner.

They also beat out the local schools in luring last year’s Norco freshman sensation Jadyn Ott out to Vegas at RB.

But their best player so far has arguably been the other sophomore RB, Barfield, and freshman WR Zechariah Branch has looked good, along with his sophomore brother on defense, Zion, at FS.

hit the lights

Post by hit the lights » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 am

PTG-
Aint that the truth. I remember along time ago when La Habra was in D-?? and played Anaheim HS in the first round of the playoffs, 2nd and 3rd string was in scoring and the game ended up like, 80-14? All you heard was, why did they keep scoring, that is BS, bla, bla, bla. I mean, like you said , these kids bust their buts in practice, get into the game and, i doubt running out of bounds, so johnny doesnt get his feelings hurt is on the kids mind. Stop it, or deal with it.
Its like the freeway league with a running clock if the score goes over 30 points. Someone felt bad that everyone wasnt getting a trophy and made this rule? Taking away from the kids a chance to play. SNOWFLAKE central! :hide:

KuppRunneth

Post by KuppRunneth » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:45 am

F Gorman. They should have been playing Bosco but instead, chickened out.

Servite should have been playing Liberty.