San Clemente accused of racism....

broman

San Clemente accused of racism....

Post by broman » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:18 pm

On the evening of September 13, 2019, the Lincoln High School football team played San Clemente High School at the invitation of San Clemente. This game was sanctioned by the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF), and was subject to its rules and regulations, which mandate respect for all participants.

During the game, multiple spectators heckled the Lincoln players and cheer squad, repeatedly using racial slurs include the “n-word.” Furthermore, cheer squad members were racially harassed in restrooms, again including the “n-word.” This harassment came not only from high-school-age youth, but also from adult fans.
https://www.sandiegonaacp.org/2019/09/1 ... DCcC0pHmNM

Hmm... never had a problem in San Clemente, never heard of anybody having problems. What is the word on the street?

FYI, San Diego media is all over the story. Lincoln is the equivalent to Crenshaw or Dorsey highs in LA.

ocfootball

Re: San Clemente accused of racism....

Post by ocfootball » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:53 pm

Well there are several SC players who are POC(PC speak).....ask them first, before jumping to conclusions...

Not that I am an SC fan......definitely am not!

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:03 am

Off Topic
when the facts come out the story will sound a lot different. It always does.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:46 am

Whether it was racism or people just being especially stupid, it sounds like there must have been something pretty wrong for Lincoln to have taken their cheerleaders off the field.
Don't look at me, I just work here.

SuperMonster

Post by SuperMonster » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:21 am

According to the letter by San Diego NAACP, "The cheer squad, closer to the spectators and therefore in more direct contact with the racists in attendance, were advised to leave the game, and did so."

The cheer squad is in front of their own fans, no where close to SC fans. I dont doubt there are knuckleheads in every fan base, but it sounds to me like this is a little overblown. I have never experienced or seen/heard anything like this before all the times we've been on their field.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:53 am

"The cheer squad is in front of their own fans...."

That's confusing to me, too. Unless somebody walked over there to heckle them, I don't know why they'd have heard anything from the SC fans.

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:31 am

This just does not pass the smell test...sorry, more Al Shakedown of one town. Thalassa Stadium is big for your average HS and you can hardly hear the other side there. Plus racism is so not happenin in South OC, it has been it's been damn near 60 yrs since the civil rights movement. Racism in any form is horrible, but have raised 6 kids in south OC...you just don't see it here, in any obvious way, and especially with the kids.

And just to get it straight...vistors are on their own side as are the bathrooms...something smells and I don't think it is the porta potties...

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:03 pm

As always, our lefty friends think this is a done deal-before the facts come out.

Sounds like what happened at last year's Aliso/Santa Ana game-the admin at SA was imagining things that in reality weren't going on.

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:04 pm

outsider

Post by outsider » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:14 pm

All that's missing from this story is that the San Clemente students were wearing MAGA hats. Was Jussie Smolett in attendance?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:17 pm

daddyooo wrote:QR_BBPOST As always, our lefty friends think this is a done deal-before the facts come out.
They do?

Playthegame

Post by Playthegame » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:50 pm

This is eye witness account from the link above...

RM

September 16, 2019 at 1:22 pm

A friend of mine, his son and myself were at the game and watched on the visitors side (mid way, 40 yard line). We chose visitors side because there was ample seating and not so loud…better for just watching football. We heard none of what is alleged here and we heard nobody from Lincoln (students, parents, faculty) near us complain of any such comments. Regarding the cheer team, they were a bit to the left of us and at ground level, but I can say that they or nobody else left early. We left with about 90 sec. remaining and San Clemente had just scored to make it 29-0. There was about 4 other people who were leaving when we did. It seemed to me that we were the only people on the visitor side who were not from Lincoln high (there might have been others but I didn’t see them). The idea that there were San Clemente people yelling racial comments at the cheer leaders doesn’t seem likely as they would have to have done that in the thick of the Lincoln crowd. Again, we didn’t hear that and didn’t hear any complaint of it which we would have as it was a most vocal crowd (which we thought was cool).

So it will be news worthy to get a corroborating witness, two would be nice and the legal standard to establish a fact, to the alleged incident before everyone goes all sensitivity mode, and make sure this is not a Jussy moment...seams like there is a lot of this going around lately. Won't fly in south county among today's youth, sorry just no there there. It is important after maligning an entire town and program to get the facts out, just incase this was a matter of loosing badly and needing attention...rather than a racial incident.

broman

Post by broman » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:55 pm

.... So we should reject the claims of the people from Lincoln because the good folks of San Clemente would never do that but you guys have no problem speculating about the plots and cons jobs these Black folk are trying to run. How dare people smear the OC, it's like they saw people doing Nazi salutes at a Water Polo Banquet........ --:--

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:02 pm

As I said...wait for the facts.

FatherSonHolyHldbcks

Post by FatherSonHolyHldbcks » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:30 pm

broman wrote:QR_BBPOST ... So we should reject the claims of the people from Lincoln because the good folks of San Clemente would never do that but you guys have no problem speculating about the plots and cons jobs these Black folk are trying to run. How dare people smear the OC, it's like they saw people doing Nazi salutes at a Water Polo Banquet........
Yeah, all of these people have to be lying, right? You can’t have both a good community of people AND some racist scum in the village, can you? The Civil Rights Movement was 60 years ago!!!! Racism in south OC, no way! That’s impossible, right?

Huh, seems like some here went the “Jussie” and “lefty” route REALLLLY QUICK. Almost ... off instinct??

And it seems there are some STARKLY different accounts coming from people sitting on that visitors side :eh?: ...

SoCalFball

Post by SoCalFball » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Well it looks like something happened after all...
Last edited by John Q. Public on Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unexplained link removed

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Post by John Q. Public » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Can you tell us what it was?

broman

Post by broman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:26 pm

SanSan Clemente High School confirmed Friday they had found evidence of the racial taunting allegations.

“Based on our extensive investigation, we were able to confirm that two individuals in the restroom used a racial epithet when addressing a Lincoln High School student. In addition, statements we collected confirmed that derogatory words were heard in our bleachers,” San Clemente Principal Chris Carter wrote. Clemente High School confirmed Friday they had found evidence of the racial taunting allegations.

“Based on our extensive investigation, we were able to confirm that two individuals in the restroom used a racial epithet when addressing a Lincoln High School student. In addition, statements we collected confirmed that derogatory words were heard in our bleachers,” San Clemente Principal Chris Carter wrote.
https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/ ... 01251.html

joefutbol

Post by joefutbol » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:59 pm

daddyooo wrote:As always, our lefty friends think this is a done deal-before the facts come out.

Sounds like what happened at last year's Aliso/Santa Ana game-the admin at SA was imagining things that in reality weren't going on.
And as always, our righty friends are living in their alternate reality.

What's it sound like now?

daddyooo

Post by daddyooo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:30 pm

no we aren't. Looks like the facts confirmed the story. Therefore the appropriate authorities should take action.

It's important that no one jumps to conclusions until the claims are verified-which they are now. Way too many times in the recent past the media has gone on a frenzy (usually on stories favorable to the left) way before they actually verify the claims.