[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 494: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 370: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5348: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3937)
Whistle blower vs Privilege - Orange County Forums

Whistle blower vs Privilege

broman

Whistle blower vs Privilege

Postby broman » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:12 pm

A complaint forwarded to the inspector general of America’s top spy agencies that involved President Donald Trump concerned more alleged instances of misconduct than previously thought, according to a report from The New York Times.

A Washington Post report on Wednesday said a whistleblower approached Intelligence Community Inspector General Michael Atkinson with allegations the president made troubling “promises” during communication with a foreign leader.

On Thursday afternoon, Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, shared with reporters two letters Atkinson sent to the committee expressing concern about the whistleblower’s allegations and claiming they fall within the jurisdiction of the director of national intelligence.

One of the letters, sent to the Intelligence Committee on Sept. 17, said the whistleblower’s disclosure of potential misconduct “not only falls within the DNI’s jurisdiction, but relates to one of the most significant and important of the DNI’s responsibilities to the American people.”

Despite a law requiring the director of national intelligence to send all whistleblower documents to Congress within seven days of receipt, Joseph Maguire, the acting director, is currently refusing to do so. Maguire is arguing that the information he received from Atkinson is potentially privileged and falls outside of the intelligence community’s purview.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-wh ... 7256b3af7a

Oh.... how about some Tweets of denial from the Donald

On a side note, Sean Hannity opened his show tonight with attacks on Clinton and Obama....

ShiftyMutt

Re: Whistle blower vs Privilege

Postby ShiftyMutt » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 pm

I donno.. I remember him saying some pretty damaging things on a bus once.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 am

Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially “heavily populated” call.

No, we're smart enough to know you're dumb enough to do that.
There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:24 am

It must be bad. The White House is working very hard to keep Congress from getting details about the whistleblower complaint, with the Justice Dept. leadership telling Atkinson in no uncertain terms that he better clam up. Where have we heard this before?

Can you say, "obstruction of justice?"
They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:32 am

IF what's being reported is factual:

1. Does anyone else see the parallel with the FAKE and CORRUPT Steele dossier? Except using official US foreign policy to extort it.

2. If Democrats can gather up the guts to impeach Trump over it, do Republicans have a candidate? At the moment, it looks like Walsh is the only one with any momentum. And being so closely aligned with the *possibly* disgraced former president - as all of the others have taken such pains to be - is not a good position to start from. Will #NotMe and #INeverReallyLikedHim start to trend? The next few days or weeks could get interesting. Or not.

:fan:
Don't look at me, I just work here.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:32 am

Get ready for Warren and Sanders to open this up and it won't be the President in the hot seat. :fan:
‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 am

It'll be...?

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:56 am

It starts about 1:10.

‘I Haven’t Seen Democrats This Mad Since We Freed the Slaves!’..... Rob Schneider.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:38 am

Ah. Russia Today. Always a fine source. Can anyone narrate? I can't turn on my speakers.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:30 pm

There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed. - The Dhammapada

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:32 pm

broman

Postby broman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Let me try..
Hunter Biden worked for a company in Ukraine who's owner faced some criminal investigations.

The West wanted the prosecutor fired because he was not fighting corruption. The United States withheld funding because of the corruption.

According to the Trump people Biden did this to protect his son...

Trump was caught on the phone trying to force Ukraine to reopen the investigation into the company that Hunter Biden worked at.

Tommy Tar

Postby Tommy Tar » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:41 pm

An investigation into the President can't happen without bringing up the Biden stuff of 2014. This is a huge win for Sanders and Warren as it's a three horse race with Joe in the front.

broman

Postby broman » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:30 pm

What did Biden do that was wrong? No evidence exist that he used the government authority to protect his son.... Unless you have some.

Wabash

Postby Wabash » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:35 pm

How do Biden's comments lessen Trump's potentially illegal act?

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:34 pm

Question O'The Day: If they aren't going to impeach him for this, why is it even in the Constitution?

It's Watergate with extortion of an ally thrown in. Use it or lose it.

Vilepagan

Postby Vilepagan » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am

Fordama

Postby Fordama » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:30 am

Biden wasn't doing the bidding for his son. The US government, the EU, and the IMF wanted that prosecutor removed, and that was what Biden was doing there.
This country of the United States was not built by those who waited and rested and wished to look behind them.---JFK

broman

Postby broman » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:46 am

Trump up early claiming Ukraine was investigating Biden's son.

John Q. Public
Site Admin

Postby John Q. Public » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:49 am

Return to “National”